Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default [OT] FB: You no longer own YOU!

The plot thickens:

http://tinyurl.com/3gqrvsk

The comments are thought provoking and funny, "Patented "5 o'clock
shadow recognition" software...."

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12 Oct 2011 17:41:36 GMT, notbob > wrote:

> The plot thickens:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/3gqrvsk
>
> The comments are thought provoking and funny, "Patented "5 o'clock
> shadow recognition" software...."
>
> nb

Since we're off topic, how many people's banks send them their
security code after you reset it? That's what one of our banks does
(an international bank that you could name in "3"). Doesn't seem very
secure or smart to me.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/12/2011 4:49 PM, sf wrote:
> On 12 Oct 2011 17:41:36 GMT, > wrote:
>
>> The plot thickens:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/3gqrvsk
>>
>> The comments are thought provoking and funny, "Patented "5 o'clock
>> shadow recognition" software...."
>>
>> nb

> Since we're off topic, how many people's banks send them their
> security code after you reset it? That's what one of our banks does
> (an international bank that you could name in "3"). Doesn't seem very
> secure or smart to me.

Mine sends it to my home phone and it's only good for a few hours, so if
you don't get it and reset it, you have to do it again.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 21:06:46 -0400, Cheryl >
wrote:

> On 10/12/2011 4:49 PM, sf wrote:
> > On 12 Oct 2011 17:41:36 GMT, > wrote:
> >
> >> The plot thickens:
> >>
> >> http://tinyurl.com/3gqrvsk
> >>
> >> The comments are thought provoking and funny, "Patented "5 o'clock
> >> shadow recognition" software...."
> >>
> >> nb

> > Since we're off topic, how many people's banks send them their
> > security code after you reset it? That's what one of our banks does
> > (an international bank that you could name in "3"). Doesn't seem very
> > secure or smart to me.
> >

> Mine sends it to my home phone and it's only good for a few hours, so if
> you don't get it and reset it, you have to do it again.

I'm not talking about a temporary password. I'm talking about the
permanent one. It's a sloppy breach of security.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 21:06:46 -0400, Cheryl >
> wrote:
>
>> On 10/12/2011 4:49 PM, sf wrote:
>>> Since we're off topic, how many people's banks send them their
>>> security code after you reset it? That's what one of our banks does
>>> (an international bank that you could name in "3"). Doesn't seem
>>> very secure or smart to me.
>>>

>> Mine sends it to my home phone and it's only good for a few hours,
>> so if you don't get it and reset it, you have to do it again.

> I'm not talking about a temporary password. I'm talking about the
> permanent one. It's a sloppy breach of security.

I don't use anything that has a "permanent" password. If I can't chose my
own password, and change it any time that I feel like changing it, I take
my business elsewhere.