Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Apple pastry

I had some awesome apples and made the following.

1 big apple diced very small
A couple of spoonfuls of shredded coconut
A couple of spoonfuls of brown sugar
Little shake of cinnamon and ground cloves
Puff pastry

The puff pastry was cut and squares pushed into cupcake pan. The apple
and everything else was let to mingle flavors and let the coconut get
soft.

About a half hour in a 350 degree oven and once out, let it sit so the
sugars caramelize.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2ag1dmq.jpg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/30/2011 10:08 PM, Cheryl wrote:
> I had some awesome apples and made the following.
>
> 1 big apple diced very small
> A couple of spoonfuls of shredded coconut
> A couple of spoonfuls of brown sugar
> Little shake of cinnamon and ground cloves
> Puff pastry
>
> The puff pastry was cut and squares pushed into cupcake pan. The apple
> and everything else was let to mingle flavors and let the coconut get
> soft.
>
> About a half hour in a 350 degree oven and once out, let it sit so the
> sugars caramelize.
>
> http://i51.tinypic.com/2ag1dmq.jpg

Looks good, thanks for the photo. I made an apple cobbler, and I had
one Granny Smith apple left over. The next week, I later made a
blueberry cobbler, and I added the chopped apple to that. I cooked the
apple for about 5-6 minutes, then I added the blueberries for another
few minutes. I couldn't waste a good apple. I forgot to add the lemon
juice, though, darnit.

Becca

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 30, 8:08*pm, Cheryl > wrote:
> I had some awesome apples and made the following.
>
> 1 big apple diced very small
> A couple of spoonfuls of shredded coconut
> A couple of spoonfuls of brown sugar
> Little shake of cinnamon and ground cloves
> Puff pastry
>
> The puff pastry was cut and squares pushed into cupcake pan. The apple
> and everything else was let to mingle flavors and let the coconut get
> soft.
>
> About a half hour in a 350 degree oven and once out, let it sit so the
> sugars caramelize.
>
> http://i51.tinypic.com/2ag1dmq.jpg

Were those cooking apples or eating apples?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 01 Oct 2011 11:23:49 -0500, Ema Nymton >
wrote:

>On 9/30/2011 10:08 PM, Cheryl wrote:
>> I had some awesome apples and made the following.
>>
>> 1 big apple diced very small
>> A couple of spoonfuls of shredded coconut
>> A couple of spoonfuls of brown sugar
>> Little shake of cinnamon and ground cloves
>> Puff pastry
>>
>> The puff pastry was cut and squares pushed into cupcake pan. The apple
>> and everything else was let to mingle flavors and let the coconut get
>> soft.
>>
>> About a half hour in a 350 degree oven and once out, let it sit so the
>> sugars caramelize.
>>
>> http://i51.tinypic.com/2ag1dmq.jpg

I'd have omitted the coconut, with apple pie flavor it's a blond pubic
hair away from TIAD.

>Looks good, thanks for the photo. I made an apple cobbler, and I had
>one Granny Smith apple left over. The next week, I later made a
>blueberry cobbler, and I added the chopped apple to that. I cooked the
>apple for about 5-6 minutes, then I added the blueberries for another
>few minutes. I couldn't waste a good apple. I forgot to add the lemon
>juice, though, darnit.

Lemon juice may have been over the top... Granny Smiths are tart
enough on their own. Diced apples are a great way to stretch the
blueberries. I'd love to taste your cobbler, I bet it has just the
right tang.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/1/2011 12:23 PM, Ema Nymton wrote:

> Looks good, thanks for the photo. I made an apple cobbler, and I had
> one Granny Smith apple left over. The next week, I later made a
> blueberry cobbler, and I added the chopped apple to that. I cooked the
> apple for about 5-6 minutes, then I added the blueberries for another
> few minutes. I couldn't waste a good apple. I forgot to add the lemon
> juice, though, darnit.

I left out some ingredients, because I did use a little lemon juice. I
like your idea of combining apple and blueberries! I jsut picked some
up today so I might do a cobbler with them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/1/2011 1:03 PM, Chemo the Clown wrote:

>> http://i51.tinypic.com/2ag1dmq.jpg

> Were those cooking apples or eating apples?

Eating apples - Red Delicious. Until I get my braces off, I can't eat
an apple normal-like.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/1/2011 3:11 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:

> I'd have omitted the coconut, with apple pie flavor it's a blond pubic
> hair away from TIAD.

You have no taste. It is a delicious combination.

New England Apple Pie Pastry Sandy U. Recipes (moderated) 0 24-10-2006 10:30 AM
Apple Walnut Pastry Duckie ® Recipes 0 06-12-2005 03:45 AM
Apple Strudel Pastry Duckie ® Recipes 0 06-12-2005 03:44 AM
Apple Danish Pastry Duckie ® Recipes 0 06-12-2005 03:44 AM