Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default what are the roots of serving chili with rice?

> > How do you eat yours? * * My mom served it over elbow macaroni. * * My
> > wife likes it with rice-- so that's the way I usually have it now. [or
> > cold as a dip for taco chips]

> > In Ohio it is served over spaghetti. * Friends brought us some skyline
> > chili with explicit directions. * *Tried it. *Went back to rice.

> The chili and pasta combo is one that I just do not like.

When I moved to Cincinnati in 2003 I didn't like Cincinnati Chili the
first time I ate it, it wasn't until the 3rd or 4th time I tried it
that I actually enjoyed it. It is an acquired taste.

As far as serving Chili with Rice, I think it goes back to Red Beans
and Rice. Also, Rice and Beans form a complete protein, so it makes
sense to serve them together.