Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default do you have a gmail account?

I rarely poke around settings, but I did tonight. Did you know that
you can look at a log of your gmail account activity? It will tell
you when you logged into gmail, or maybe when someone else did. I
scanned the log file and then saw an IP identified as being in France
in July. France? I wasn't there in July... then the wheels started
moving. I had a problem a couple of weeks ago where gmail detected
unusual activity, shut down my account and I had to set up a new
password to be able to use it again... oh, yeah! Now I know all of
that was because of "France". Glad I looked at it when I did.

If you're interested, go to gmail and scroll down to the bottom right,
click on "details" under the words: Last Account Activity.

I also figured out how to disable Mail Goggles (what an annoying net
nanny)! Click on the gear icon in the upper right hand corner of your
gmail page. Find the word "Labs" and click on it, scroll down to Mail
Goggles and "disable". Good, now I'm rid of that thing.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 10, 1:41*am, sf > wrote:
> I rarely poke around settings, but I did tonight. *Did you know that
> you can look at a log of your gmail account activity? *It will tell
> you when you logged into gmail, or maybe when someone else did. *I
> scanned the log file and then saw an IP identified as being in France
> in July. *France? *I wasn't there in July... then the wheels started
> moving. *I had a problem a couple of weeks ago where gmail detected
> unusual activity, shut down my account and I had to set up a new
> password to be able to use it again... oh, yeah! *Now I know all of
> that was because of "France". *Glad I looked at it when I did.
>
> If you're interested, go to gmail and scroll down to the bottom right,
> click on "details" under the words: Last Account Activity.
>
> I also figured out how to disable Mail Goggles (what an annoying net
> nanny)! *Click on the gear icon in the upper right hand corner of your
> gmail page. *Find the word "Labs" and click on it, scroll down to Mail
> Goggles and "disable". *Good, now I'm rid of that thing.
>
> --
>
> Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.

No, no Gmail account.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 10, 1:41*am, sf > wrote:
> I rarely poke around settings, but I did tonight. *Did you know that
> you can look at a log of your gmail account activity? *It will tell
> you when you logged into gmail, or maybe when someone else did. *I
> scanned the log file and then saw an IP identified as being in France
> in July. *France? *I wasn't there in July... then the wheels started
> moving. *I had a problem a couple of weeks ago where gmail detected
> unusual activity, shut down my account and I had to set up a new
> password to be able to use it again... oh, yeah! *Now I know all of
> that was because of "France". *Glad I looked at it when I did.
>
> If you're interested, go to gmail and scroll down to the bottom right,
> click on "details" under the words: Last Account Activity.
>
> I also figured out how to disable Mail Goggles (what an annoying net
> nanny)! *Click on the gear icon in the upper right hand corner of your
> gmail page. *Find the word "Labs" and click on it, scroll down to Mail
> Goggles and "disable". *Good, now I'm rid of that thing.

lay off the crank, sheesh.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 10, 12:14*pm, projectile vomit chick
> wrote:
> On Aug 10, 1:41*am, sf > wrote:
>

> > I rarely poke around settings, but I did tonight. *Did you know that
> > you can look at a log of your gmail account activity? *It will tell
> > you when you logged into gmail, or maybe when someone else did. *I
> > scanned the log file and then saw an IP identified as being in France
> > in July. *France? *I wasn't there in July... then the wheels started
> > moving. *I had a problem a couple of weeks ago where gmail detected
> > unusual activity, shut down my account and I had to set up a new
> > password to be able to use it again... oh, yeah! *Now I know all of
> > that was because of "France". *Glad I looked at it when I did.

> > If you're interested, go to gmail and scroll down to the bottom right,
> > click on "details" under the words: Last Account Activity.

> > I also figured out how to disable Mail Goggles (what an annoying net
> > nanny)! *Click on the gear icon in the upper right hand corner of your
> > gmail page. *Find the word "Labs" and click on it, scroll down to Mail
> > Goggles and "disable". *Good, now I'm rid of that thing.

> lay off the crank, sheesh.

Crank? What are you...like 50?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/10/2011 3:32 PM, Chemo the Clown wrote:
> On Aug 10, 12:14 pm, projectile vomit chick
> > wrote:
>> On Aug 10, 1:41 am, > wrote:
>>

>>> I rarely poke around settings, but I did tonight. Did you know that
>>> you can look at a log of your gmail account activity? It will tell
>>> you when you logged into gmail, or maybe when someone else did. I
>>> scanned the log file and then saw an IP identified as being in France
>>> in July. France? I wasn't there in July... then the wheels started
>>> moving. I had a problem a couple of weeks ago where gmail detected
>>> unusual activity, shut down my account and I had to set up a new
>>> password to be able to use it again... oh, yeah! Now I know all of
>>> that was because of "France". Glad I looked at it when I did.

>>> If you're interested, go to gmail and scroll down to the bottom right,
>>> click on "details" under the words: Last Account Activity.

>>> I also figured out how to disable Mail Goggles (what an annoying net
>>> nanny)! Click on the gear icon in the upper right hand corner of your
>>> gmail page. Find the word "Labs" and click on it, scroll down to Mail
>>> Goggles and "disable". Good, now I'm rid of that thing.

>> lay off the crank, sheesh.

> Crank? What are you...like 50

LOL
e 50?

--
Cheryl
Come carpe diem baby - Metallica

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 10, 1:41*am, sf > wrote:
> I rarely poke around settings, but I did tonight. *Did you know that
> you can look at a log of your gmail account activity? *It will tell
> you when you logged into gmail, or maybe when someone else did. *I
> scanned the log file and then saw an IP identified as being in France
> in July. *France? *I wasn't there in July... then the wheels started
> moving. *I had a problem a couple of weeks ago where gmail detected
> unusual activity, shut down my account and I had to set up a new
> password to be able to use it again... oh, yeah! *Now I know all of
> that was because of "France". *Glad I looked at it when I did.
>
> If you're interested, go to gmail and scroll down to the bottom right,
> click on "details" under the words: Last Account Activity.
>
> I also figured out how to disable Mail Goggles (what an annoying net
> nanny)! *Click on the gear icon in the upper right hand corner of your
> gmail page. *Find the word "Labs" and click on it, scroll down to Mail
> Goggles and "disable". *Good, now I'm rid of that thing.
>
> --
>
> Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.

I have a GMail account, but I never really use it for anything. I'm
not even sure why I have the damned thing.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 18:30:12 -0700 (PDT), Christopher Helms
> wrote:

> I have a GMail account, but I never really use it for anything. I'm
> not even sure why I have the damned thing.

Web based addresses stay with you when you switch providers. I find
gmail useful for traveling, but I use my accounts for other purposes
too. Since I don't change the time on my computer when I travel, it's
really annoying to have to deal with Goggles in the middle of the day.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> I rarely poke around settings, but I did tonight. Did you know that
> you can look at a log of your gmail account activity? It will tell
> you when you logged into gmail, or maybe when someone else did. I
> scanned the log file and then saw an IP identified as being in France
> in July. France? I wasn't there in July... then the wheels started
> moving. I had a problem a couple of weeks ago where gmail detected
> unusual activity, shut down my account and I had to set up a new
> password to be able to use it again... oh, yeah! Now I know all of
> that was because of "France". Glad I looked at it when I did.
>
> If you're interested, go to gmail and scroll down to the bottom right,
> click on "details" under the words: Last Account Activity.
>
> I also figured out how to disable Mail Goggles (what an annoying net
> nanny)! Click on the gear icon in the upper right hand corner of your
> gmail page. Find the word "Labs" and click on it, scroll down to Mail
> Goggles and "disable". Good, now I'm rid of that thing.

I have a gmail account, but I almost never use it. I hate the
interface. What are goggles?

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jean B." < I have a gmail account, but I almost never use it. I hate the
> interface. What are goggles?

I hardly ever understand what's going on here but find the group
entertaining. I think goggles is a sneer at Google. Polly

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 22:31:34 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:

> I have a gmail account, but I almost never use it. I hate the
> interface.

Yeah, me too - which is why I forward the Google email to an account
that doesn't annoy me.

> What are goggles?

It's for people who are likely to get drunk or high at predictable
times and then send off email they later regret. I say grow up and
don't depend on a net nanny to keep you from embarrassing yourself.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 10, 11:55*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 22:31:34 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:
> > I have a gmail account, but I almost never use it. *I hate the
> > interface. *

> Yeah, me too - which is why I forward the Google email to an account
> that doesn't annoy me.
>
> > What are goggles?

> It's for people who are likely to get drunk or high at predictable
> times and then send off email they later regret. *I say grow up and
> don't depend on a net nanny to keep you from embarrassing yourself.

Once again I say: lay off the crank.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 10, 8:27*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 12:14:53 -0700 (PDT), projectile vomit chick
> wrote:
>
> > lay off the crank, sheesh.

> I amazed that she actually too the time to learn something on her own.
> And then she gets all psyched about it. *Weird.
>
> No gmail here, either. *Evil.

It's actually funny. The old bitch.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 10, 2:32*pm, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
> On Aug 10, 12:14*pm, projectile vomit chick
>

> > wrote:
> > On Aug 10, 1:41*am, sf > wrote:

> > > I rarely poke around settings, but I did tonight. *Did you know that
> > > you can look at a log of your gmail account activity? *It will tell
> > > you when you logged into gmail, or maybe when someone else did. *I
> > > scanned the log file and then saw an IP identified as being in France
> > > in July. *France? *I wasn't there in July... then the wheels started
> > > moving. *I had a problem a couple of weeks ago where gmail detected
> > > unusual activity, shut down my account and I had to set up a new
> > > password to be able to use it again... oh, yeah! *Now I know all of
> > > that was because of "France". *Glad I looked at it when I did.

> > > If you're interested, go to gmail and scroll down to the bottom right,
> > > click on "details" under the words: Last Account Activity.

> > > I also figured out how to disable Mail Goggles (what an annoying net
> > > nanny)! *Click on the gear icon in the upper right hand corner of your
> > > gmail page. *Find the word "Labs" and click on it, scroll down to Mail
> > > Goggles and "disable". *Good, now I'm rid of that thing.

> > lay off the crank, sheesh.

> Crank? What are you...like 50?

Nope, 41. Nice try though.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 22:31:34 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:
>
>> I have a gmail account, but I almost never use it. I hate the
>> interface.

> Yeah, me too - which is why I forward the Google email to an account
> that doesn't annoy me.
>
>> What are goggles?

> It's for people who are likely to get drunk or high at predictable
> times and then send off email they later regret. I say grow up and
> don't depend on a net nanny to keep you from embarrassing yourself.

So, what does that goggle function do?

I need to look into forwarding from google. Verizon is
blacklisted by some entities, and I have not been able to send to
one of my food lists since I moved.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 11 Aug 2011 23:08:25 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:

> So, what does that goggle function do?

It keeps you from posting without answering "20 questions" at selected
times on selected days. Go and look at it, I don't like it and I've
disabled the function. I know the information you find on the
internet about Goggles is focused at "smart phones" and doesn't
corroborate what I said - so that's why I say "go and look at it" in
settings. The internet usage of Goggles (I know nothing about "smart"
phone apps) is aimed at keeping people from sending email they later
regret later. I didn't even know about it until I was in a travel
situation where I ran into Goggles at 3 o'clock in the afternoon.

> I need to look into forwarding from google. Verizon is
> blacklisted by some entities, and I have not been able to send to
> one of my food lists since I moved.

Use Google as a return address for your group(s) and forward the mail
to your Verizon inbox. It's dead easy to do. Once you figure out how
easy it is, you'll set up a bunch of gmail addresses for different
purposes and forward them all to the address you actually read. What
I especially like is that you can discontinue the forwarding if
there's ever a problem of any kind and resume forwarding after the
problem has been resolved.

Good Luck and Happy Forwarding

--
I take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lemon and a shot of tequila.

How to Delete Google Products Gmail Account/Google+Profile Dave Smith[_1_] General Cooking 0 12-02-2012 12:02 AM
My Account Nike Jordan Shoes General Cooking 0 27-08-2009 04:57 PM
gmail account here Al Wine 0 07-09-2004 05:44 PM
hello u can give me a free gmail account? eli General Cooking 3 27-06-2004 11:57 PM
Get gmail account kitchen.wizard ! The Last Danish Pastry General Cooking 3 24-06-2004 08:42 AM