Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Belgian Fries

On 7/27/2011 9:59 AM, sf wrote:

>>> Those fries look like they're standard, cheap, frozen premade fast
>>> food - nothing special.

>> "hand-cut, at least 11 mm thick, irregularly shaped"

> That picture sure fooled me; they look as far from hand cut as it
> gets.

I'm thinking they are using a cutter like this:

http://tinyurl.com/3de6ff3

A hand operated cutter does qualify as "hand cut". Barely. There is a
place on the Boardwalk in Atlantic City that advertises hand cut fries
that uses cutters like this.

George L

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 10:24:20 -0500, George Leppla
> wrote:

>>> "hand-cut, at least 11 mm thick, irregularly shaped"

>> That picture sure fooled me; they look as far from hand cut as it
>> gets.
>>

>I'm thinking they are using a cutter like this:
>
>http://tinyurl.com/3de6ff3
>
>A hand operated cutter does qualify as "hand cut". Barely. There is a
>place on the Boardwalk in Atlantic City that advertises hand cut fries
>that uses cutters like this.

So what... does it really matter if the lever is pulled by hand or if
it's motorized... results are exactly the same. When that boardwalk
shop says hand cut fries what they mean is averse to formed fries.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/27/2011 11:24 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> So what... does it really matter if the lever is pulled by hand or if
> it's motorized... results are exactly the same.

Says the man who not only pulls his lever by hand but has a machine to
do it, too!

George L
Posted to rec.food.cooking

>>> "hand-cut, at least 11 mm thick, irregularly shaped"

>> That picture sure fooled me; they look as far from hand cut as it
>> gets.
>>

> I'm thinking they are using a cutter like this:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/3de6ff3

christ, looks like a primitive robodog.

your pal,
blake

Belgian Fries blake murphy[_2_] General Cooking 4 06-08-2011 08:14 PM
Belgian Fries Doug Freyburger General Cooking 2 02-08-2011 06:38 AM
Belgian Fries aem General Cooking 21 31-07-2011 04:54 PM
Belgian Fries Dave Smith[_1_] General Cooking 1 29-07-2011 09:26 PM