Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default There is nothing more annoying ...

.... than squeezing the bottle of yellow mustard only to have water
come shooting out. Yuck! At least I was aiming it at the plate and
not a hot dog.

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 10, 10:23*am, Tara > wrote:
> ... than squeezing the bottle of yellow mustard only to have water
> come shooting out. * Yuck! *At least I was aiming it at the plate and
> not a hot dog.
>
> Tara

Shake it up first....sheesh.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 10, 12:23*pm, Tara > wrote:
> ... than squeezing the bottle of yellow mustard only to have water
> come shooting out. * Yuck! *At least I was aiming it at the plate and
> not a hot dog.

I wish mustard still came in a jar. I don't like the squeeze
bottles.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 10, 10:38*am, projectile vomit chick
> wrote:
> On Jun 10, 12:23*pm, Tara > wrote:
>
> > ... than squeezing the bottle of yellow mustard only to have water
> > come shooting out. * Yuck! *At least I was aiming it at the plate and
> > not a hot dog.

> I wish mustard still came in a jar. *I don't like the squeeze
> bottles.

Get over it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/10/2011 11:23 AM, Tara wrote:
> ... than squeezing the bottle of yellow mustard only to have water
> come shooting out. Yuck! At least I was aiming it at the plate and
> not a hot dog.
>
> Tara

The same thing happened to me yesterday. Makes me want to go back to
the old jar-and-a-knife method for mustard like I've done with relish.

gloria p

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 10:38:48 -0700 (PDT), projectile vomit chick
> wrote:

>On Jun 10, 12:23*pm, Tara > wrote:
>> ... than squeezing the bottle of yellow mustard only to have water
>> come shooting out. * Yuck! *At least I was aiming it at the plate and
>> not a hot dog.

>I wish mustard still came in a jar. I don't like the squeeze
>bottles.

Lots of mustards are still in jars, I like Guldens Spicy Brown and
Koskiusco brand which is now owned by Plochman's. I don't
particularly like yaller musturd. It's also easy to make your own
prepared mustards.
http://www.plochman.com/products.htm#stone
Posted to rec.food.cooking

projectile vomit chick > wrote:

>I wish mustard still came in a jar.

I avoid plastic packaging when there is a glass alternative.

I like Sierra Nevada mustards (most of them), and they are in jars.
Not sure if they're in nationwide distribution.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 10, 10:23*am, Tara > wrote:
> ... than squeezing the bottle of yellow mustard only to have water
> come shooting out. * Yuck! *At least I was aiming it at the plate and
> not a hot dog.

Nothing more annoying than? Try inhaling gnats during no-see-ums
season, both through the nose and mouth. Now that's annoying!
....Picky
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 17:30:37 -0500, Omelet >
wrote:

>In article
>,
> projectile vomit chick > wrote:
>
>> On Jun 10, 12:23*pm, Tara > wrote:
>> > ... than squeezing the bottle of yellow mustard only to have water
>> > come shooting out. * Yuck! *At least I was aiming it at the plate and
>> > not a hot dog.

>> I wish mustard still came in a jar. I don't like the squeeze
>> bottles.

>Mustard is still available in jars. :-) Both glass or plastic...

For those who don't like plastic jars it's easy enough to transfer
mustard to a glass jar... of course glass jars are becoming rarer.

>I don't care for the squeeze bottles either.

I don't like mustard in squeeze bottles but I prefer ketchup in
squeeze bottles... I like those that stand on their head.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 10, 3:46*pm, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 17:30:37 -0500, Omelet >
> wrote:
>
> >In article
> >,
> > projectile vomit chick > wrote:

> >> I wish mustard still came in a jar. *I don't like the squeeze
> >> bottles.

> >Mustard is still available in jars. :-) *Both glass or plastic...

> For those who don't like plastic jars it's easy enough to transfer
> mustard to a glass jar... of course glass jars are becoming rarer.

Probably not easy for the OP.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Are you still usin' that baby-shit stuff?"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 10, 7:23*am, Tara > wrote:
> ... than squeezing the bottle of yellow mustard only to have water
> come shooting out. * Yuck! *At least I was aiming it at the plate and
> not a hot dog.
>
> Tara

I've been a victim of this alarming propensity of mustard to misbehave
in this manner. My recommendation is that you buy your mustard in
containers that sit upside down when you store it. I think somebody
must make such a package.

If you cannot find mustard like this in your local markets, your best
bet would be to make sure you're never the first one out the gate when
mustardin' up your hot dog. In fact, watching other people squirt
disgusting mustard water on their dog is not annoying at all but just
adds to the mealtime fun. :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 13:23:05 -0400, Tara >
wrote:

>... than squeezing the bottle of yellow mustard only to have water
>come shooting out. Yuck! At least I was aiming it at the plate and
>not a hot dog.

That is why you always let a drip or two in the sink first.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Metspitzer > wrote in
:

>>... than squeezing the bottle of yellow mustard only to have
>>water come shooting out. Yuck! At least I was aiming it at
>>the plate and not a hot dog.

> That is why you always let a drip or two in the sink first.

I shake the botttle first.

--

I read about an [Inuk] hunter who asked the local missionary
priest: "If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to

Annie Dillard
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michel Boucher wrote:
>Metspitzer wrote
>>
>> That is why you always let a drip or two in the sink first.

>I shake it first.

These juvies talking their dicks. lol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/06/2011 1:23 PM, Tara wrote:
> ... than squeezing the bottle of yellow mustard only to have water
> come shooting out. Yuck! At least I was aiming it at the plate and
> not a hot dog.

But you know that it is going to happen. Shake it up a little and shoot
it into the sink or the garbage, not on your wienie.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 10:24:50 -0700 (PDT) in rec.food.cooking, Chemo
the Clown > wrote,
>On Jun 10, 10:23*am, Tara > wrote:
>> ... than squeezing the bottle of yellow mustard only to have water
>> come shooting out. * Yuck! *At least I was aiming it at the plate and
>> not a hot dog.
>>
>> Tara

>Shake it up first....sheesh.

Make sure the top is well closed first.
If you forget, now _that's_ annoying.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 10, 3:15*pm, Leon Manfredi > wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 16:39:48 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
>

> > wrote:
> >On Jun 10, 7:23 am, Tara > wrote:
> >> ... than squeezing the bottle of yellow mustard only to have water
> >> come shooting out. Yuck! At least I was aiming it at the plate and
> >> not a hot dog.

> >> Tara

> >I've been a victim of this alarming propensity of mustard to misbehave
> >in this manner. My recommendation is that you buy your mustard in
> >containers that sit upside down when you store it. I think somebody
> >must make such a package.

> >If you cannot find mustard like this in your local markets, your best
> >bet would be to make sure you're never the first one out the gate when
> >mustardin' *up your hot dog. In fact, watching other people squirt
> >disgusting mustard water on their dog is not annoying at all but just
> >adds to the mealtime fun. *:-)

> Find my post!

Yes boss!

I like plastic squeeze bottles because then I can pretend that I'm in
some restaurant eating crappy food instead of sitting at home eating
crappy food. The
next time I find red and yellow squeeze bottles in a package selling
for under $3, I'll make a grab for it. Actually, I'll need a third
bottle for a mixture of ketchup and Sriracha - yum!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Tara" > wrote in message
> ... than squeezing the bottle of yellow mustard only to have water
> come shooting out. Yuck! At least I was aiming it at the plate and
> not a hot dog.

Yep. I always do the first squeeze over the sink.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 21:17:22 -0400, Leon Manfredi >
wrote:

>On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 19:51:22 -0400, Metspitzer >
>wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 13:23:05 -0400, Tara >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>... than squeezing the bottle of yellow mustard only to have water
>>>come shooting out. Yuck! At least I was aiming it at the plate and
>>>not a hot dog.
>>>

>>That is why you always let a drip or two in the sink first.

>Now you know what your talking about...

Ah, so you can spot a connoisseur of cheap booze and trashy women.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

The
> next time I find red and yellow squeeze bottles in a package selling
> for under $3, I'll make a grab for it. Actually, I'll need a third
> bottle for a mixture of ketchup and Sriracha - yum!- Hide quoted text -

That is a good idea
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/10/2011 4:51 PM, pamjd wrote:
> The
>> next time I find red and yellow squeeze bottles in a package selling
>> for under $3, I'll make a grab for it. Actually, I'll need a third
>> bottle for a mixture of ketchup and Sriracha - yum!- Hide quoted text -

> That is a good idea

I made some meatloaf last night and it was OK. I put the
ketchup/Sriracha mix on it and it was tasty! Sad but true. The good news
is that ketchup/Sriracha makes most things tasty and tangy!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tara wrote:

> ... than squeezing the bottle of yellow mustard only to have water
> come shooting out. Yuck! At least I was aiming it at the plate and
> not a hot dog.

Posting about something as dumb as having the
ice cream fall out of your cone is more annoying.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 10, 5:29*pm, JeanineAlyse > wrote:
> On Jun 10, 10:23*am, Tara > wrote:> ... than squeezing the bottle of yellow mustard only to have water
> > come shooting out. * Yuck! *At least I was aiming it at the plate and
> > not a hot dog.

> Nothing more annoying than? *Try inhaling gnats during no-see-ums
> season, both through the nose and mouth. *Now that's annoying!
> ...Picky

EEEEEEEEEEW!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 10, 6:51*pm, Metspitzer > wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 13:23:05 -0400, Tara >
> wrote:
>
> >... than squeezing the bottle of yellow mustard only to have water
> >come shooting out. * Yuck! *At least I was aiming it at the plate and
> >not a hot dog.

> That is why you always let a drip or two in the sink first.

No, that's why it says "Shake well before use."

Posted to rec.food.cooking

with the heinze i store it upside own to start with, Lee
"Lucille" > wrote in message
On Jun 10, 1:23 pm, Tara > wrote:
> ... than squeezing the bottle of yellow mustard only to have water
> come shooting out. Yuck! At least I was aiming it at the plate and
> not a hot dog.
>
> Tara

Ketchup does the same thing. I hate that. I turn the bottle over
and over
to get it to mix before squeezing it out.

Lucille

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10 Jun 2011, you wrote in rec.food.cooking:
<snip>

> The
> next time I find red and yellow squeeze bottles in a package
> selling for under $3, I'll make a grab for it. Actually, I'll
> need a third bottle for a mixture of ketchup and Sriracha -
> yum!

Hmmmm, sounds great, ketchup and Sriracha. I certainly will try
that mixture.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/10/2011 10:26 PM, Andy wrote:
> > wrote:
>
>> Actually, I'll need a third
>> bottle for a mixture of ketchup and Sriracha - yum!

> dsi,
>
> Good suggestion. I overdosed on full-strength Sriracha, applying it like
> ketchup to a cheeseburger. WHOAA!!!
>
> The blend probably needs a lot of shaking up to recombine the two, should
> they separate.
>
> What's a good ratio?
>
> Best,
>
> Andy

I'd go for 50/50 but that might be too strong for folks that can't take
full on Sriracha. My guess is that 25% Sriracha would be a good ratio
for most folks although it'll still be too hot for some. No matter,
that's about as low as I'm willing to go!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/10/2011 11:28 PM, sandi wrote:
> On 10 Jun 2011, you wrote in rec.food.cooking:
> <snip>
>
>> The
>> next time I find red and yellow squeeze bottles in a package
>> selling for under $3, I'll make a grab for it. Actually, I'll
>> need a third bottle for a mixture of ketchup and Sriracha -
>> yum!

> Hmmmm, sounds great, ketchup and Sriracha. I certainly will try
> that mixture.

I'm might be getting hooked on the stuff. I used it on steak and
meatloaf on two consecutive nights. Looks like I better cut down some. :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"gloria.p" > wrote in message
> On 6/10/2011 12:38 PM, gloria.p wrote:
>> On 6/10/2011 11:23 AM, Tara wrote:
>>> ... than squeezing the bottle of yellow mustard only to have water
>>> come shooting out. Yuck! At least I was aiming it at the plate and
>>> not a hot dog.
>>>
>>> Tara

>> The same thing happened to me yesterday. Makes me want to go back to the
>> old jar-and-a-knife method for mustard like I've done with relish.
>>
>> gloria p

> PS: There ARE more annoying things in my world.
>
> gloria p

I don't care for mustard although I use it (dijon) in cooking sometimes.
I'd suggest shaking the squeeze bottle first. Things in those bottles tend
to 'settle'.

The only really annoying thing in my world recently was getting a phone call
from my neighbor: "Did you know there's an alligator in your back yard?" LOL

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 10, 1:38*pm, projectile vomit chick
> wrote:
> On Jun 10, 12:23*pm, Tara > wrote:
>
> > ... than squeezing the bottle of yellow mustard only to have water
> > come shooting out. * Yuck! *At least I was aiming it at the plate and
> > not a hot dog.

> I wish mustard still came in a jar. *I don't like the squeeze
> bottles.

Lots of mustard comes in jars. Are you stuck on a particular brand?

Jerry
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Il 10/06/2011 21:29, Brooklyn1 ha scritto:

> Lots of mustards are still in jars, I like Guldens Spicy Brown and
> Koskiusco brand which is now owned by Plochman's. I don't
> particularly like yaller musturd. It's also easy to make your own
> prepared mustards.
> http://www.plochman.com/products.htm#stone

Is the Maille band available in the US? Their glass jarred dijon mustard
is wonderful
--
Vilco
And the Family Stone
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ViLco" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> Il 10/06/2011 21:29, Brooklyn1 ha scritto:
>
>> Lots of mustards are still in jars, I like Guldens Spicy Brown and
>> Koskiusco brand which is now owned by Plochman's. I don't
>> particularly like yaller musturd. It's also easy to make your own
>> prepared mustards.
>> http://www.plochman.com/products.htm#stone

> Is the Maille band available in the US? Their glass jarred dijon mustard
> is wonderful

I don't recall, although I do buy it here. There were so many types and
brands of mustard available there as compared to here. I had a weakness for
the rougher types which had broken but not milled seeds.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Giusi" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> "ViLco" > ha scritto nel messaggio

>> Is the Maille band available in the US? Their glass jarred dijon mustard
>> is wonderful

PS/ anyone who thinks mustard water is the most annoying thing there is has
not lived where Berlusconi and Bossi can affect their life.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 12 Jun 2011 10:50:31 +0200, ViLco > wrote:

>Il 10/06/2011 21:29, Brooklyn1 ha scritto:
>
>> Lots of mustards are still in jars, I like Guldens Spicy Brown and
>> Koskiusco brand which is now owned by Plochman's. I don't
>> particularly like yaller musturd. It's also easy to make your own
>> prepared mustards.
>> http://www.plochman.com/products.htm#stone

>Is the Maille band available in the US? Their glass jarred dijon mustard
>is wonderful

Maille brand products are readily available in the US... however I
dispise dijon mustards (TIAD), and mustards with chervil are an
abomination. With imported mustards one is mostly paying for those
fancy schmancy tiny jars and foil labels... mustard is the least
expensive spice. Buy some powdered and crushed mustard seeds from
Penzeys and make your own... then fill your own jars. I'm not pleased
that Guldens switched to plastic jars, the plastic does indeed impart
an off flavor. Whole mustard seeds retain their flavor practically
forever but once ground or crushed mustard seed loses it's potency
rapidly. Unless you're willing to invest in mustard grinders buy from
Penseys, their product is fresh... I'd stay away from all other
powdered/crushed mustard... Colman's is probably the worst, it sits on
the shelf often for years... Colman's is not even pure mustard, it
contains wheat flour, beware. Penzeys Oriental mustard powder is
wonderfully HOT!
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...ille&x=20&y=17
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 12 Jun 2011 10:50:31 +0200, ViLco wrote:

> Il 10/06/2011 21:29, Brooklyn1 ha scritto:
>
>> Lots of mustards are still in jars, I like Guldens Spicy Brown and
>> Koskiusco brand which is now owned by Plochman's. I don't
>> particularly like yaller musturd. It's also easy to make your own
>> prepared mustards.
>> http://www.plochman.com/products.htm#stone

> Is the Maille band available in the US? Their glass jarred dijon mustard
> is wonderful

i see it in maryland. the coarse (old style whole grain) is pretty good,
but for smooth i prefer poupon.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 12 Jun 2011 10:50:31 +0200, ViLco > wrote:

>Il 10/06/2011 21:29, Brooklyn1 ha scritto:
>
>> Lots of mustards are still in jars, I like Guldens Spicy Brown and
>> Koskiusco brand which is now owned by Plochman's. I don't
>> particularly like yaller musturd. It's also easy to make your own
>> prepared mustards.
>> http://www.plochman.com/products.htm#stone

>Is the Maille band available in the US? Their glass jarred dijon mustard
>is wonderful

Yes it is and yes it is.

koko
James Beard

www.kokoscornerblog.com

Natural Watkins Spices
www.apinchofspices.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> Years ago, I was invited to a New York Giants
> football game at the
> Meadowlands, New Jersey for a tailgate and the
> game. I went to the
> concession stand and bought two Bud Lights. They
> came in brown plastic
> bottles identical in appearance to the glass ones.
> Obviously a good
> change so unruly fans couldn't sling glass into the
> stands. It
> certainly saved on transportation weight/cost. The
> stadium further
> imposed a "no bottle caps" rule, so those same
> unruly fans couldn't
> re-fill it with water or worse (urine) and then
> sling it into the
> stands. Another good sense move, imho.
>
> Best,
>
> Andy

It seems like they had you pegged pretty well,
doesn't it?