FoodBanter.com

-   -   Whats your favorite Indian sweet? (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/408174-whats-your-favorite-indian.html)

Amruta 08-06-2011 10:34 AM

Whats your favorite Indian sweet?

yum yum..Indian Sweets. Indian sweets are plentiful in number and
nature and are most delectable item of consumption. sweets
are prepared during festive occasion and ceremonies and also signify
good omen, happiness and prosperity. As the culture of
KUCH MITHA HO JAYE is deeply rooted in India, we always find
opportunities to have sweets.
Want to know, which is the one you most like?
http://www.pollpotato.com/100462_Wha..._Indian_sweet?

Thanks.

James Silverton[_4_] 08-06-2011 12:57 PM

On 6/8/2011 5:34 AM, Amruta wrote:

> yum yum..Indian Sweets. Indian sweets are plentiful in number and
> nature and are most delectable item of consumption. sweets
> are prepared during festive occasion and ceremonies and also signify
> good omen, happiness and prosperity. As the culture of
> KUCH MITHA HO JAYE is deeply rooted in India, we always find
> opportunities to have sweets.
> Want to know, which is the one you most like?
> http://www.pollpotato.com/100462_Wha..._Indian_sweet?
>
> Thanks.

I'm not going to chase this down but I almost never have dessert in
Indian restaurants since they are often fried and much too sweet for me.

--

James Silverton, Potomac

I'm *not*

Cindy Hamilton[_2_] 08-06-2011 02:12 PM

On Jun 8, 5:34*am, Amruta > wrote:
> yum yum..Indian Sweets. Indian sweets are plentiful in number and
> nature and are most delectable item of consumption. sweets
> are prepared during festive occasion and ceremonies and also signify
> good omen, happiness and prosperity. As the culture of
> KUCH MITHA HO JAYE is deeply rooted in India, we always find
> opportunities to have sweets.
> Want to know, which is the one you most like?http://www.pollpotato.com/100462_Wha..._Indian_sweet?
>
> Thanks.

Well, I'm not going to feed your survey, but I like kheer.

Cindy Hamilton

Ophelia[_7_] 08-06-2011 02:27 PM

"Cindy Hamilton" > wrote in message
> On Jun 8, 5:34 am, Amruta > wrote:
>> yum yum..Indian Sweets. Indian sweets are plentiful in number and
>> nature and are most delectable item of consumption. sweets
>> are prepared during festive occasion and ceremonies and also signify
>> good omen, happiness and prosperity. As the culture of
>> KUCH MITHA HO JAYE is deeply rooted in India, we always find
>> opportunities to have sweets.
>> Want to know, which is the one you most
>> like?http://www.pollpotato.com/100462_Wha..._Indian_sweet?
>>
>> Thanks.

> Well, I'm not going to feed your survey, but I like kheer.

Same here...Gulab Jamun
--

https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Brooklyn1 08-06-2011 06:39 PM

Amruta wrote:

>yum yum..Indian Sweets. Indian sweets are plentiful in number and
>nature and are most delectable item of consumption.
>Want to know, which is the one you most like?

She who tastes of ginger honey and has the biggest breasts.

Kate Connally[_2_] 08-06-2011 06:51 PM

Whats your favorite Indian sweet?

On 6/8/2011 5:34 AM, Amruta wrote:

> yum yum..Indian Sweets. Indian sweets are plentiful in number and
> nature and are most delectable item of consumption. sweets
> are prepared during festive occasion and ceremonies and also signify
> good omen, happiness and prosperity. As the culture of
> KUCH MITHA HO JAYE is deeply rooted in India, we always find
> opportunities to have sweets.
> Want to know, which is the one you most like?
> http://www.pollpotato.com/100462_Wha..._Indian_sweet?
>
> Thanks.

I love gulab jamun.
I also love kheer (rice pudding) if it's made right.

Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Orlando Enrique Fiol 08-06-2011 11:29 PM

wrote:
>Same here...Gulab Jamun

Only if they're warm and the syrup is made with honey instead of sugar.
Otherwise, I vote for fresh julebi served on banana leaves.

Orlando

Orlando Enrique Fiol 08-06-2011 11:30 PM

wrote:
>I love gulab jamun.
>I also love kheer (rice pudding) if it's made right.

I've made it with rice flour instead of whole rice, which finally got me that
ultra-creamy milky texture I always wanted.

Orlando