Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default RFC Newswi Illinois Legislature Passes Food Freedom Bill

Up for the govenor's signature is a bill making legal
the common practice of harvesting free meat.

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/n...,3646458.story
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 20, 2:20*pm, Mark Thorson > wrote:
> Up for the govenor's signature is a bill making legal
> the common practice of harvesting free meat.
>
> http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/n...s-bill-allowin...

I hope they don't include all furry mammals. Long pig, anyone?

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 20, 2:20*pm, Mark Thorson > wrote:
> Up for the govenor's signature is a bill making legal
> the common practice of harvesting free meat.
>
> http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/n...s-bill-allowin...

Where there is hatred let there be love, yum yum.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

in MO the county where my parents live has a roadkill list... if a deer is
killed and the car owner makes the report they are offerred the oppertunity
to take it to the processor, if they decline the county keeps a lits of
people who may be interested... they start from the last reciepent and work
down the list until someone wants it or the time frame ends. Lee

"Mark Thorson" > wrote in message
> Up for the govenor's signature is a bill making legal
> the common practice of harvesting free meat.
>
> http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/n...,3646458.story

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On May 20, 11:20*am, Mark Thorson > wrote:
> Up for the govenor's signature is a bill making legal
> the common practice of harvesting free meat.
>
> http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/n...s-bill-allowin...

Here is what I was able to gather from Googling around.

Tennessee – gathering and consuming roadkill is legal

Illinois – you can’t gather it from along the side of the road or the
woods, but if someone kills it (either on purpose or by accident) they
can keep it, or if they give it to you YOU can keep it. Either way,
it has to be reported to the DNR.
( I guess the new law superceeds this one)

Maine – if you hit it, you call the police and have them tag it.
Then, you take it home and cook it.

California – Nobody’s allowed to pick up roadkill, unless they have a
scientific collecting permit and plan to study it. Nobody’s allowed
to eat it.

Minnesota – Pretty much the same as Illinois.

Missouri – You have to obtain written permission to keep a road-killed
deer to eat. I hope they are quick. That stuff doesn’t stay fresh
forever.

Texas – You’re not allowed to keep it. Drag it to the side of the
road and leave it there. The TDT will take care of it.

Washington State – Call Animal Services. Don’t eat it. If it’s on
your property, bury it.

Wisconsin – You can obtain a free permit to remove roadkill deer.
There are also contractors who do so. I imagine, if you collect it,
you can keep it. Any Wisconsinite want to verify?

Wyoming – You have to get it tagged by a game warden, then you can
keep it.

Incidentally, in the UK, you can collect any dead “wild” animal you
want to. If you find a dead animal that has been kept in captivity,
you have to call up and get them registered as dead and cremated. So,
no eating farm animals, pets, or circus animals. Darn! And that dead
elephant looked SO tasty!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mark Thorson" > wrote in message
> Up for the govenor's signature is a bill making legal
> the common practice of harvesting free meat.
>
> http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/n...,3646458.story

You have to get a permit to pick up roadkill?! (Not that I'd eat roadkill,
despite the notorious references to the southern U.S. made by some people.)
I can just see the lines at the office now....

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2011-05-21, jmcquown > wrote:

> You have to get a permit to pick up roadkill?! (Not that I'd eat roadkill,
> despite the notorious references to the southern U.S. made by some people.)
> I can just see the lines at the office now....

Hey, the state hasta get its lucre, somehow. Nevermind some states
have stopped picking up roadkill, letting it rot and putrify on the
side of the road, as a way of reducing state employee costs. So, stop
removing roadkill and charge those who do. Brilliant. Your govt in
action.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2011-05-21, Omelet > wrote:

> They are going to have fun trying to fine the buzzards, coyotes, mexican
> eagles and other scavengers...

Apparently, someone here (CO) is getting them deer carcasses, cuz it's
deer-splat city, this time of year, but I rarely see the carcass. I
think if someone hits a deer they SHOULD be allowed to keep the meat.
It's the least they should be compensated with, specially after
sustaining thousands of dollars in damage to their vehicle.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> notbob > wrote:
>
>> On 2011-05-21, jmcquown > wrote:
>>
>> > You have to get a permit to pick up roadkill?! (Not that I'd eat
>> > roadkill,
>> > despite the notorious references to the southern U.S. made by some
>> > people.)
>> > I can just see the lines at the office now....

>> Hey, the state hasta get its lucre, somehow. Nevermind some states
>> have stopped picking up roadkill, letting it rot and putrify on the
>> side of the road, as a way of reducing state employee costs. So, stop
>> removing roadkill and charge those who do. Brilliant. Your govt in
>> action.
>>
>> nb

> They are going to have fun trying to fine the buzzards, coyotes, mexican
> eagles and other scavengers...
> --
> Peace, Om

Mexican Eagles? I suppose you're referring to illegal aliens because I've
never heard of a mexican eagle and I'm a bird watcher.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2011-05-21, jmcquown > wrote:

> Mexican Eagles? I suppose you're referring to illegal aliens because I've
> never heard of a mexican eagle and I'm a bird watcher.

I'm pretty sure it's a golden eagle.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

in MO, if it is reported, the officer taking the report gives the
permission, in the county where my parents live there is a time limit but i
can't remember if its two or three hours, Lee
"ImStillMags" > wrote in message
On May 20, 11:20 am, Mark Thorson > wrote:
> Up for the govenor's signature is a bill making legal
> the common practice of harvesting free meat.
>
> http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/n...s-bill-allowin...

Here is what I was able to gather from Googling around.

Tennessee – gathering and consuming roadkill is legal

Illinois – you can’t gather it from along the side of the road or the
woods, but if someone kills it (either on purpose or by accident) they
can keep it, or if they give it to you YOU can keep it. Either way,
it has to be reported to the DNR.
( I guess the new law superceeds this one)

Maine – if you hit it, you call the police and have them tag it.
Then, you take it home and cook it.

California – Nobody’s allowed to pick up roadkill, unless they have a
scientific collecting permit and plan to study it. Nobody’s allowed
to eat it.

Minnesota – Pretty much the same as Illinois.

Missouri – You have to obtain written permission to keep a road-killed
deer to eat. I hope they are quick. That stuff doesn’t stay fresh
forever.

Texas – You’re not allowed to keep it. Drag it to the side of the
road and leave it there. The TDT will take care of it.

Washington State – Call Animal Services. Don’t eat it. If it’s on
your property, bury it.

Wisconsin – You can obtain a free permit to remove roadkill deer.
There are also contractors who do so. I imagine, if you collect it,
you can keep it. Any Wisconsinite want to verify?

Wyoming – You have to get it tagged by a game warden, then you can
keep it.

Incidentally, in the UK, you can collect any dead “wild” animal you
want to. If you find a dead animal that has been kept in captivity,
you have to call up and get them registered as dead and cremated. So,
no eating farm animals, pets, or circus animals. Darn! And that dead
elephant looked SO tasty!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I figure he is doing it to be able to say he put in a food program for
southern IL when he cuts aid again, Lee