Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Geronimo

I'm amused at the synthetic indignation of professional umbrage takers
about "Geronimo!" US Army paratroopers have been yelling it since WW II.

--

James Silverton, Potomac

I'm "not"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

James Silverton wrote:

> I'm amused at the synthetic indignation of professional umbrage takers
> about "Geronimo!" US Army paratroopers have been yelling it since WW II.

That does not lessen the hypocrisy or the offence.

You know what an Apache is don't you?

An Apache is a really ****ed off Sioux.
--
Joseph Littleshoes
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 4, 8:52*pm, "M. JL Esq." > wrote:
> James Silverton wrote:
> > I'm amused at the synthetic indignation of professional umbrage takers
> > about "Geronimo!" US Army paratroopers have been yelling it since WW II..

> That does not lessen the hypocrisy or the offence.
>
> You know what an Apache is don't you?
>
> An Apache is a really ****ed off Sioux.

My neighbor Jerry* said it doesn't bother him -- he kinda likes it.
But he is amused by the professional umbrage takers.

*Jerónimo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:
> spamtrap1888 wrote:
>> >
>> > That does not lessen the hypocrisy or the offence.
>> >
>> > You know what an Apache is don't you?
>> >
>> > An Apache is a really ****ed off Sioux.

>> My neighbor Jerry* said it doesn't bother him -- he kinda likes it.
>> But he is amused by the professional umbrage takers.
>>
>> *Jerónimo

>Some get offended at stupid things.

--->
http://www.b-westerns.com/geronimo.htm
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2 wrote:

> It's kinda like the swastika - originally a Navajo figure, as I
> understand it. I think.

That was a holy symbol in a lot of parts of the world before it was
corrupted by the Nazis. Maybe some day long after I'd dead the Nazi
corruption will be forgotten and it will go back to being a holy symbol
but I'm not holding my breath.

In Japan it's still used to mark the location of Buddhist temples as one
example of a use that never did take on the Nazi corruption.