Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default how to protect hands from hot pot handles - please help

I'm looking for something to protect hands from hot pot handles.
Preferably something that does not separate easily from
the pot handles (like traditional pot holders).

Here's an idea ...
http://www.amazon.com/JAZ-Innovation.../dp/B000T3QMH8

But, I'm still hoping to find something better.

Any ideas?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 09:25:13 -0700, "Adam" > wrote:

> I'm looking for something to protect hands from hot pot handles.
> Preferably something that does not separate easily from
> the pot handles (like traditional pot holders).
>
> Here's an idea ...
> http://www.amazon.com/JAZ-Innovation.../dp/B000T3QMH8
>
> But, I'm still hoping to find something better.
>
> Any ideas?

Nope. It's a non-issue for me. I just use a regular flat pot holder
and don't stress about using anything else.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2011-04-21, Adam > wrote:

> Any ideas?

Die.

Anyone too lazy to pick up a potholder is too lazy to live.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 21/04/2011 12:25 PM, Adam wrote:
> I'm looking for something to protect hands from hot pot handles.
> Preferably something that does not separate easily from
> the pot handles (like traditional pot holders).
>
> Here's an idea ...
> http://www.amazon.com/JAZ-Innovation.../dp/B000T3QMH8
>
> But, I'm still hoping to find something better.

I use Paderno pots and pans. The pots, lids and all handles are metal. I
don't have much need for pot holders. I always make sure that the
handles are facing away from the burners.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 21, 12:25*pm, "Adam" > wrote:
> I'm looking for something to protect hands from hot pot handles.
> Preferably something that does not separate easily from
> the pot handles (like traditional pot holders).
>
> Here's an idea ...http://www.amazon.com/JAZ-Innovation.../dp/B000T3QMH8
>
> But, I'm still hoping to find something better.
>
> Any ideas?

Ever hear of using oven mitts?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > ha scritto nel messaggio "Adam" >
wrote:

>> I'm looking for something to protect hands from hot pot handles.>>
>> Preferably something that does not separate easily from
>> the pot handles (like traditional pot holders).
>>

> Nope. It's a non-issue for me. I just use a regular flat pot holder
> and don't stress about using anything else.

I hardly even get to that. I always have a towel tucked into my apron tie
ot pinned to my tunic and I use it. It's very useful. I can grab hot
things, whack interfering visitors and scare animals.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 21, 12:25*pm, "Adam" > wrote:
> I'm looking for something to protect hands from hot pot handles.
> Preferably something that does not separate easily from
> the pot handles (like traditional pot holders).
>
> Here's an idea ...http://www.amazon.com/JAZ-Innovation.../dp/B000T3QMH8
>
> But, I'm still hoping to find something better.
>
> Any ideas?

Better in what way? Is a moving van better than a motorcycle?

Jerry
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 21, 9:51*am, " > wrote:
> On Apr 21, 12:25*pm, "Adam" > wrote:
>
> > I'm looking for something to protect hands from hot pot handles.
> > Preferably something that does not separate easily from
> > the pot handles (like traditional pot holders).

> > Here's an idea ...http://www.amazon.com/JAZ-Innovation.../dp/B000T3QMH8

> > But, I'm still hoping to find something better.

> > Any ideas?

> Ever hear of using oven mitts?

Now, that's just way too easy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 21, 12:25 pm, "Adam" > wrote:
> I'm looking for something to protect hands from hot pot handles.
> Preferably something that does not separate easily from
> the pot handles (like traditional pot holders).
>
> Here's an idea ...http://www.amazon.com/JAZ-Innovation.../dp/B000T3QMH8
>
> But, I'm still hoping to find something better.
>
> Any ideas?

I use one of these when I'm using my cast iron pans:

http://www.azrestaurantsupply.com/Pr...oductID=132701

(Googling "handle holder" may reveal a source closer to you.)

--
Silvar Beitel
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 11:39:46 -0700 (PDT), Silvar Beitel
> wrote:

> I use one of these when I'm using my cast iron pans:
>
> http://www.azrestaurantsupply.com/Pr...oductID=132701

I love those things for my cast iron too, but it's been a learning
curve with gas - I've singed them pretty well. It's time to replace
them, but I'm not paying shipping for something so inexpensive so I'll
just wait until I see them in a store - which is usually when I'm on
vacation somewhere.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 21, 12:25*pm, "Adam" > wrote:
> I'm looking for something to protect hands from hot pot handles.
> Preferably something that does not separate easily from
> the pot handles (like traditional pot holders).
>
> Here's an idea ...http://www.amazon.com/JAZ-Innovation.../dp/B000T3QMH8
>
> But, I'm still hoping to find something better.
>
> Any ideas?

Just fold a terry dish towel into many layers and grab away. Use two
if needed .Ya don't need any special potholder.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Silvar Beitel" > wrote in message
> On Apr 21, 12:25 pm, "Adam" > wrote:
> > I'm looking for something to protect hands from hot pot handles.
> > Preferably something that does not separate easily from
> > the pot handles (like traditional pot holders).
> >
> > Here's an idea

....http://www.amazon.com/JAZ-Innovation.../dp/B000T3QMH8

> > But, I'm still hoping to find something better.
> >
> > Any ideas?

> I use one of these when I'm using my cast iron pans:
>
> http://www.azrestaurantsupply.com/Pr...oductID=132701
>
> (Googling "handle holder" may reveal a source closer to you.)
>
> --
> Silvar Beitel

Thanks! This is the best response so far.
However, I am looking for something for ...
http://www1.macys.com/catalog/produc...ategoryID=7639

I did not have much luck searching/googling so I ended up posting.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 19:03:47 +0200, "Giusi" >
wrote:

> "sf" > ha scritto nel messaggio "Adam" >
> wrote:
> >
> >> I'm looking for something to protect hands from hot pot handles.>>
> >> Preferably something that does not separate easily from
> >> the pot handles (like traditional pot holders).
> >>

> > Nope. It's a non-issue for me. I just use a regular flat pot holder
> > and don't stress about using anything else.

> I hardly even get to that. I always have a towel tucked into my apron tie
> ot pinned to my tunic and I use it. It's very useful. I can grab hot
> things, whack interfering visitors and scare animals.

I've never been able to use towels, they aren't heat proof enough for
me. I keep my pot holders in the drawer between the ovens and the
cook top, so they're always handy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 21, 12:31*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 09:25:13 -0700, "Adam" > wrote:
> > I'm looking for something to protect hands from hot pot handles.
> > Preferably something that does not separate easily from
> > the pot handles (like traditional pot holders).

> > Here's an idea ...
> >http://www.amazon.com/JAZ-Innovation.../dp/B000T3QMH8

> > But, I'm still hoping to find something better.

> > Any ideas?

> Nope. *It's a non-issue for me. *I just use a regular flat pot holder
> and don't stress about using anything else.

then why answer?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 21, 12:25*pm, "Adam" > wrote:
> I'm looking for something to protect hands from hot pot handles.
> Preferably something that does not separate easily from
> the pot handles (like traditional pot holders).
>
> Here's an idea ...http://www.amazon.com/JAZ-Innovation.../dp/B000T3QMH8
>
> But, I'm still hoping to find something better.
>
> Any ideas?

Pot holders or oven mitts are meant to protect your hand from the hot
handles. You aren't supposed to LEAVE THEM ON THE POT! Dumbass. No
make that lazy dumbass.
Buy a friggin' $3 pot holder at Walmart. Or splurge and spend $4 on an
oven mitt.
It's the standard because it works.