Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Meal Planning

On Sun, 6 Mar 2011 22:01:52 +0000 (UTC), Nad R
> wrote:

> So I am getting better at making meals without bread. I have had bread
> machines for at least twenty years. Bread was and still is a staple.

Old habits die hard, but you'll be doing yourself a favor if you at
least cut back on the bread. Substitute salad for bread and keep the
dressing light.

> Like
> today, a meatball (pre made store bought) sandwich... Great taste but
> probably not healthy.

Those store bought things are not very good IMO (too much filler), try
making your own sometime and leave the breadcrumbs out. Use a 50/50
mixture of pork and beef, add an egg, seasonings and some parmesan
cheese. Freeze what you don't use, then you'll have premade meatballs
on hand for later.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 06/03/2011 5:31 PM, sf wrote:
y.

> Those store bought things are not very good IMO (too much filler), try
> making your own sometime and leave the breadcrumbs out.

No way, Jose. The breadcrumbs are an important component. They absorb
that tasty fat that would otherwise melt away.

> Use a 50/5o mixture of pork and beef,

Or beef pork and veal.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 06 Mar 2011 17:43:16 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

> On 06/03/2011 5:31 PM, sf wrote:
> y.
> >
> > Those store bought things are not very good IMO (too much filler), try
> > making your own sometime and leave the breadcrumbs out.

> No way, Jose. The breadcrumbs are an important component. They absorb
> that tasty fat that would otherwise melt away.

I don't agree. First of all, I use as little as humanly possible or
leave it out entirely because I don't like the taste of a lot of cheap
filler. Second, Nad thinks he may be having problems with wheat and
meatballs are perfectly fine without any bread crumbs.

> > Use a 50/5o mixture of pork and beef,

> Or beef pork and veal.

That's the classic combo but ground veal is as scarce as hen's teeth
around here. Andronico's is the only place I can think of that has it
all the time. I think veal and duck are more available back East
Coast than here.

Weekend Meal Planning Bob Terwilliger[_1_] General Cooking 20 10-08-2011 01:32 PM
Meal Planning Nad R General Cooking 180 21-03-2011 08:43 AM
Ping: Nad - meal planning sf[_9_] General Cooking 0 08-03-2011 04:19 PM
meal planning websites The Henchman[_3_] General Cooking 3 17-01-2010 09:15 PM
Meal planning: how? FERRANTE General Cooking 30 24-02-2005 02:57 AM