FoodBanter.com

-   -   Quick baking question: Springform pans (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/403799-re-quick-baking-question.html)

Ubiquitous 01-01-2011 03:07 AM

wrote:

>I'm about to bake a flourless cake. The recipe calls for baking it in a
>10 inch springform pan in a water bath at 300 degrees for 5 minutes. I
>can't find the bottom to my 10 in and have to use an 8 inch...any ideas
>how much longer to cook it? Thanks in advance.

And you posted this off-topic article here because?

---
"If Barack Obama isn't careful, he will become the Jimmy Carter of the 21st
century."

ANIM8Rfsk 01-01-2011 04:38 PM

Quick baking question: Springform pans

In article >,
Ubiquitous > wrote:

> wrote:
>
> >I'm about to bake a flourless cake. The recipe calls for baking it in a
> >10 inch springform pan in a water bath at 300 degrees for 5 minutes. I
> >can't find the bottom to my 10 in and have to use an 8 inch...any ideas
> >how much longer to cook it? Thanks in advance.

> And you posted this off-topic article here because?
>

> ---
> "If Barack Obama isn't careful, he will become the Jimmy Carter of the 21st
> century."

Oh, Ubi, she already apologized. "Wrong newsgroup" (I take a 7 and a
half)

--
"Please, I can't die, I've never kissed an Asian woman!"
Shego on "Shat My Dad Says"

ravenlynne[_5_] 01-01-2011 04:50 PM

On 12/31/2010 10:07 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:
> wrote:
>
>> I'm about to bake a flourless cake. The recipe calls for baking it in a
>> 10 inch springform pan in a water bath at 300 degrees for 5 minutes. I
>> can't find the bottom to my 10 in and have to use an 8 inch...any ideas
>> how much longer to cook it? Thanks in advance.

> And you posted this off-topic article here because?
>

> ---
> "If Barack Obama isn't careful, he will become the Jimmy Carter of the 21st
> century."

Guess you didn't see my APOLOGY asshole.

--
Currently Reading: Falling Free by Lois McMaster Bujold

David Harmon[_2_] 01-01-2011 05:36 PM

Quick baking question: Springform pans

On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 21:31:41 -0600 in rec.food.cooking, Omelet
> wrote,
>In article >,
> Ubiquitous > wrote:
>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >I'm about to bake a flourless cake. The recipe calls for baking it in a
>> >10 inch springform pan in a water bath at 300 degrees for 5 minutes. I
>> >can't find the bottom to my 10 in and have to use an 8 inch...any ideas
>> >how much longer to cook it? Thanks in advance.

>> And you posted this off-topic article here because?
>>

>Since when is baking off topic on a cooking list?
>
>Better put the drugs away for the night dude...

Why then was it crossposted to rec.arts.tv ?
That's what the stranger to r.f.c was bitching about.

ravenlynne[_5_] 01-01-2011 05:43 PM

On 1/1/2011 12:36 PM, David Harmon wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 21:31:41 -0600 in rec.food.cooking, Omelet
> > wrote,
>> In article<c6GdncQ3D8fDB4PQnZ2dnUVZ_tydnZ2d@giganews. com>,
>> > wrote:

>>> And you posted this off-topic article here because?
>>>

>> Since when is baking off topic on a cooking list?
>>
>> Better put the drugs away for the night dude...

> Why then was it crossposted to rec.arts.tv ?
> That's what the stranger to r.f.c was bitching about.

By accident and I immediately apologized when it happened.

Who are you?

--
Currently Reading: Falling Free by Lois McMaster Bujold

ravenlynne[_5_] 01-01-2011 07:04 PM

On 1/1/2011 1:35 PM, Omelet wrote:
> In >,
> David > wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 21:31:41 -0600 in rec.food.cooking, Omelet
>> > wrote,
>>> In article<c6GdncQ3D8fDB4PQnZ2dnUVZ_tydnZ2d@giganews. com>,

>>> Since when is baking off topic on a cooking list?
>>>
>>> Better put the drugs away for the night dude...

>> Why then was it crossposted to rec.arts.tv ?
>> That's what the stranger to r.f.c was bitching about.

> The crosspost did not show up on my reader.

It wasn't crossposted. I posted to r.a.tv accidentally, apologized,
then posted it here seperately. HE crossposted either to place the post
here, or to humiliate me because we don't get along. Take your pick.

--
Currently Reading: Falling Free by Lois McMaster Bujold

David Harmon[_2_] 01-01-2011 07:24 PM

Quick baking question: Springform pans

On Sat, 01 Jan 2011 12:43:42 -0500 in rec.food.cooking, ravenlynne
> wrote,
>
>By accident and I immediately apologized when it happened.

Sure.

>Who are you?

What's your point? My point is for _everybody_ to watch for crossposts
when replying, so that we don't get some endless cascade of people
posting at cross-purposes just because of a trivial mistake. Thanks in
advance, as they say.

ravenlynne[_5_] 01-01-2011 07:28 PM

On 1/1/2011 2:24 PM, David Harmon wrote:
> On Sat, 01 Jan 2011 12:43:42 -0500 in rec.food.cooking, ravenlynne
> > wrote,
>>
>> By accident and I immediately apologized when it happened.

> Sure.
>
>> Who are you?

> What's your point? My point is for _everybody_ to watch for crossposts
> when replying, so that we don't get some endless cascade of people
> posting at cross-purposes just because of a trivial mistake. Thanks in
> advance, as they say.

I never cross posted in the first place, so I still don't get your point.

--
Currently Reading: Falling Free by Lois McMaster Bujold

David Harmon[_2_] 01-01-2011 07:54 PM

Quick baking question: Springform pans

On Sat, 01 Jan 2011 14:28:42 -0500 in rec.food.cooking, ravenlynne
> wrote,
>On 1/1/2011 2:24 PM, David Harmon wrote:
>> On Sat, 01 Jan 2011 12:43:42 -0500 in rec.food.cooking, ravenlynne
>> > wrote,
>>>
>>> By accident and I immediately apologized when it happened.

>> Sure.
>>
>>> Who are you?

>> What's your point? My point is for _everybody_ to watch for crossposts
>> when replying, so that we don't get some endless cascade of people
>> posting at cross-purposes just because of a trivial mistake. Thanks in
>> advance, as they say.

>I never cross posted in the first place, so I still don't get your point.

Read it again. Once again, it's about _replying_ to a crosspost.

Yes, I see that "Ubiquitous" added the crosspost, for reasons that defy
any rational explanation. Probably a shit-stirrer. Makes no difference
to my point.

sf[_9_] 02-01-2011 12:12 AM

Quick baking question: Springform pans

On Sat, 01 Jan 2011 11:54:52 -0800, David Harmon >
wrote:

> Yes, I see that "Ubiquitous" added the crosspost, for reasons that defy
> any rational explanation. Probably a shit-stirrer. Makes no difference
> to my point.

Ubiquitous is a sh*t disturber and has been in my kill file for years
for obvious reasons.

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.

sf[_9_] 02-01-2011 12:13 AM

Quick baking question: Springform pans

On Sat, 01 Jan 2011 12:35:43 -0600, Omelet >
wrote:

> The crosspost did not show up on my reader.

Mine either.

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.

sf[_9_] 02-01-2011 12:15 AM

Quick baking question: Springform pans

On Sat, 01 Jan 2011 14:04:49 -0500, ravenlynne
> wrote:

> It wasn't crossposted. I posted to r.a.tv accidentally, apologized,
> then posted it here seperately. HE crossposted either to place the post
> here, or to humiliate me because we don't get along. Take your pick.

David and you don't get along?

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.

sf[_9_] 02-01-2011 12:16 AM

Quick baking question: Springform pans

On Sat, 01 Jan 2011 11:50:39 -0500, ravenlynne
> wrote:

> On 12/31/2010 10:07 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:
> > wrote:
> >
> >> I'm about to bake a flourless cake. The recipe calls for baking it in a
> >> 10 inch springform pan in a water bath at 300 degrees for 5 minutes. I
> >> can't find the bottom to my 10 in and have to use an 8 inch...any ideas
> >> how much longer to cook it? Thanks in advance.

> > And you posted this off-topic article here because?
> >

> Guess you didn't see my APOLOGY asshole.

Yep. That one has been in my killfile a long time. Not worth giving
the time of day to it.

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.

ravenlynne[_5_] 02-01-2011 12:29 AM

On 1/1/2011 7:15 PM, sf wrote:
> On Sat, 01 Jan 2011 14:04:49 -0500, ravenlynne
> > wrote:
>
>> It wasn't crossposted. I posted to r.a.tv accidentally, apologized,
>> then posted it here seperately. HE crossposted either to place the post
>> here, or to humiliate me because we don't get along. Take your pick.

> David and you don't get along?

Apparently not.

--
Currently Reading: Falling Free by Lois McMaster Bujold

Goomba[_2_] 02-01-2011 02:52 PM

sf wrote:

> Ubiquitous is a sh*t disturber and has been in my kill file for years
> for obvious reasons.

Because you can't understand his/her humor?