Posted to rec.food.cooking, mn.general

Default The next Fair food?

Deep fried sashimi

--
Dan Goodman
"I have always depended on the kindness of stranglers."
Tennessee Williams, A Streetcar Named Expire
Journal dsgood.dreamwidth.org (livejournal.com, insanejournal.com)
Posted to rec.food.cooking,mn.general

"Dan Goodman" > wrote in message
> Deep fried sashimi

That's the only way eat it

Posted to rec.food.cooking,mn.general

On Sep 3, 4:58*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:
> "Dan Goodman" > wrote in message

> > Deep fried sashimi

> That's the only way eat it

wouldn't that just be a fish-stick?
Posted to rec.food.cooking,mn.general

On Fri, 3 Sep 2010 14:00:06 -0700 (PDT), "Catmandy (Sheryl)"
> wrote:

>On Sep 3, 4:58*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:
>> "Dan Goodman" > wrote in message

>> > Deep fried sashimi

>> That's the only way eat it

>wouldn't that just be a fish-stick?

An overpriced fish-stick, since sashimi is prime cuts of fish.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,mn.general

"Dan Goodman" > wrote in message
> Deep fried sashimi

Fried stick of butter, on a stick.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,l

On 9/3/2010 5:07 PM, catpandaddy wrote:

> "Dan Goodman" > wrote in message
>> Deep fried sashimi

> Fried stick of butter, on a stick.

I think they already did fried butter.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 3, 11:19*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> On Fri, 03 Sep 2010 17:22:16 -0500, Janet Wilder wrote:

> >> Fried stick of butter, on a stick.

> > I think they already did fried butter.

> Not a whole stick, though.
>
> We had cousins visiting us for a couple weeks when we were younger (I
> was 12 and my brother was 16). *They were from Minnesota. *One of the
> kids about 16 or 17 took out a stick of margarine and took a healthy
> bite off of it. *My brother and I look ed at him amazement/disgust as
> he chewed it for a second and then horrified, he spit it out
> exclaiming, "This isn't butter!!!". *
>
> Yeah, like that would a difference?!?

It would have to me, even when I was 4 or 5. I rejected margarine,
wanting no part of it when I was 4. Right after turning five, my
sister came back bringing butter into my life.

> It's much funnier now than when I was 12.

I think it's funny when a waitress who lives in a county where cows
outnumber humans calls margarine, "butter." Not funny, "haha," but
peculiar, actually, pathetic.

> -sw

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking,mn.general

"Dan Goodman" > wrote in message
> Deep fried sashimi
>
> --
> Dan Goodman
> "I have always depended on the kindness of stranglers."
> Tennessee Williams, A Streetcar Named Expire
> Journal dsgood.dreamwidth.org (livejournal.com, insanejournal.com)

The biggie at Allentown this year was batter dipped deep fried peanut butter
and jelly sandwiches on white bread. They've had fried butter sticks for a
couple of years now.
-ginny

Posted to rec.food.cooking,mn.general

On Fri, 3 Sep 2010 16:58:26 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski" >
wrote:

>"Dan Goodman" > wrote in message
>> Deep fried sashimi
>>

>That's the only way eat it

Deep fat fried fat on a stick.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 100903-1, 09/03/2010
Tested on: 9/4/2010 3:49:12 AM

Posted to rec.food.cooking,mn.general

On Sat, 04 Sep 2010 07:45:34 -0500, Andy > wrote:

>After some serious head banging, I'm proud to present the future in fair
>food, here today!!! (drum roll)...
>
>The foot-long Hostess brand "Rainbow Twinkie".
>
>Possible fillings on the menu to choose from (pick four?):
>lemon pudding
>banana cream
>original
>orange, lime, strawberry and grape Jell-Os
>chocolate mousse
>"Live Dangerously" (random fill of the above)
>
>All fillings will be air adjusted to prevent weight lopsidedness.
>
>It would be a colossal hit with kids and adults alike! Imho.
>
>Andy

Wow... the Neopolitan Tutti-Fruitti Twinkie! I'd go to that fair just
to watch the gals deep throat titanic twinkies! LOL

Renaissance Fair Food Tara General Cooking 16 14-05-2013 12:16 AM
In Honor of HRH Barbara of Schaller, Queen of the Fair Fair Fare . .. . a Poem by John Tobias Lynn from Fargo General Cooking 1 28-08-2009 05:22 AM
Texas Fair Food BOB[_1_] General Cooking 22 26-09-2008 06:08 PM
Fair Food Nexis General Cooking 52 25-06-2008 09:08 AM
WWT Fair Food Koko[_2_] General Cooking 26 27-06-2007 03:26 AM