Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Chicken Rustica Arrabbiata recipe

I have all the ingredients! I'd switch the marinated artichoke hearts
for frozen, make my own Arrabbiata sauce, and I have mixed chopped
olives on hand that I'll use instead of Kalamata - but won't change
much else.

Chicken Rustica Arrabbiata
http://www.villabertolli.com/recipes...rrabbiata.aspx

Serves 4

prep time: 5 minute(s)
cook time: 25 minute(s)

Ingredients:

1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 medium onion, sliced
1 jar (6 oz.) marinated artichoke hearts, drained
2 Tbsp. chopped Kalamata or oil-cured olives
1 jar Arrabbiata Sauce
1/3 cup dry red wine or beef broth
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil leaves

Directions:

Season chicken, if desired, with salt and black pepper. Heat Olive
Oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and brown
chicken. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.

Cook onion, artichoke hearts and olives in same skillet, stirring
occasionally, 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in Sauce and
wine. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, and then
return chicken to skillet. Simmer covered 15 minutes or until chicken
is thoroughly cooked. Stir in basil. Serve, if desired, over hot
cooked orzo or rigatoni pasta.

Arrabbiata Sauce - By: Ellen
http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/arrabb...ce/Detail.aspx

Ingredients

1 teaspoon olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
4 cloves garlic, minced
3/8 cup red wine
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 (14.5 ounce) cans peeled and diced tomatoes
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

Directions

Heat oil in a large skillet or saucepan over medium heat. Saute onion
and garlic in oil for 5 minutes.

Stir in wine, sugar, basil, red pepper, tomato paste, lemon juice,
Italian seasoning, black pepper and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce
heat to medium, and simmer uncovered about 15 minutes.

Stir in parsley. Ladle over the hot cooked pasta of your choice.

--

Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> I have all the ingredients! I'd switch the marinated artichoke hearts
> for frozen, make my own Arrabbiata sauce, and I have mixed chopped
> olives on hand that I'll use instead of Kalamata - but won't change
> much else.

That recipe is interesting, Kalamata (brined) and oil-cured olives are
rather dramatically different and would produce noticeably different
results. I'm rather a fan of oil-cured olives for their intense flavor,
but they seem to be difficult to find at times.

> Chicken Rustica Arrabbiata
> http://www.villabertolli.com/recipes...rrabbiata.aspx
>
> Serves 4
>
> prep time: 5 minute(s)
> cook time: 25 minute(s)
>
> Ingredients:
>
> 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
> 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
> 1 medium onion, sliced
> 1 jar (6 oz.) marinated artichoke hearts, drained
> 2 Tbsp. chopped Kalamata or oil-cured olives
> 1 jar Arrabbiata Sauce
> 1/3 cup dry red wine or beef broth
> 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil leaves
>
> Directions:
>
> Season chicken, if desired, with salt and black pepper. Heat Olive
> Oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and brown
> chicken. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
>
> Cook onion, artichoke hearts and olives in same skillet, stirring
> occasionally, 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in Sauce and
> wine. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, and then
> return chicken to skillet. Simmer covered 15 minutes or until chicken
> is thoroughly cooked. Stir in basil. Serve, if desired, over hot
> cooked orzo or rigatoni pasta.
>
> Arrabbiata Sauce - By: Ellen
> http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/arrabb...ce/Detail.aspx
>
> Ingredients
>
> 1 teaspoon olive oil
> 1 cup chopped onion
> 4 cloves garlic, minced
> 3/8 cup red wine
> 1 tablespoon white sugar
> 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
> 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
> 2 tablespoons tomato paste
> 1 tablespoon lemon juice
> 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
> 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
> 2 (14.5 ounce) cans peeled and diced tomatoes
> 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
>
> Directions
>
> Heat oil in a large skillet or saucepan over medium heat. Saute onion
> and garlic in oil for 5 minutes.
>
> Stir in wine, sugar, basil, red pepper, tomato paste, lemon juice,
> Italian seasoning, black pepper and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce
> heat to medium, and simmer uncovered about 15 minutes.
>
> Stir in parsley. Ladle over the hot cooked pasta of your choice.
>
> --
>
> Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 19:10:40 -0500, "Pete C." >
wrote:

> sf wrote:
> >
> > I have all the ingredients! I'd switch the marinated artichoke hearts
> > for frozen, make my own Arrabbiata sauce, and I have mixed chopped
> > olives on hand that I'll use instead of Kalamata - but won't change
> > much else.

> That recipe is interesting, Kalamata (brined) and oil-cured olives are
> rather dramatically different and would produce noticeably different
> results. I'm rather a fan of oil-cured olives for their intense flavor,
> but they seem to be difficult to find at times.

I get the feeling the chopped mix is ends of all of the pitted olive
bins (Kalamata is one type). I could be wrong, but that's my
impression. It's the only market where I see chopped olives.

--

Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.

Penne all'Arrabbiata Bob Terwilliger[_1_] General Cooking 0 23-03-2012 02:27 AM
That cheesemaking website - Pane Rustica recipe ravenlynne General Cooking 4 26-07-2007 07:43 AM
Torta Rustica Dimitri General Cooking 6 26-08-2005 02:01 AM
Italian loaf rustica Duckie ® Recipes 0 22-07-2005 03:12 PM
Arrabbiata Sauce Lucky Recipes (moderated) 0 09-03-2005 03:41 AM