Member

Default Protecting Your Culinary Arts Education Investment

Culinary school is notoriously expensive. Whether you are considering a degree program with an internationally recognized culinary training institution or a diploma program with a local trade school, the cost can reach as high as $30,000 per year – and that's just for tuition! When you add on the costs of kitchen laboratory fees, equipment, utensils, books, and the cost of living for whatever city your school is located, these numbers can get even higher.

Although the rewards of getting a high-quality education are manifold, and you are probably considering a culinary career because it is something you are really and truly passionate about, it can be hard to take on that kind of debt for the uncertainty and relatively low starting pay of the restaurant industry. Fortunately, there are many different ways that you can ensure that the costs of your culinary education are proportionate to your future career in the industry.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
neha123 > wrote:

> Culinary school is notoriously expensive.

My daughter's roommate went to CCA (California Culinary Academy). It
was US$20,000 for a ten month program. She went in for baking. She got
to take home what they made, but was supposed to pay US$8.00 for a new
cake box each time! The instructor thought that was BS, so he made them
buy one box, and they just used it until it fell apart (or was too
filthy, cakes are messy).

My son went through the culinary program at the local junior college.
That looks like the way to go, especially considering the lousy pay for
graduates. My son has been working at a place the last three years.
The pay isn't good, but they give him a nice place to live (free,
including most utilities) and treat him like a king. His commute is
about 50 feet.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 09:10:18 -0700, Dan Abel > wrote:

>In article >,
> neha123 > wrote:
>
>> Culinary school is notoriously expensive.

>My daughter's roommate went to CCA (California Culinary Academy). It
>was US$20,000 for a ten month program. She went in for baking. She got
>to take home what they made, but was supposed to pay US$8.00 for a new
>cake box each time! The instructor thought that was BS, so he made them
>buy one box, and they just used it until it fell apart (or was too
>filthy, cakes are messy).
>
>My son went through the culinary program at the local junior college.
>That looks like the way to go, especially considering the lousy pay for
>graduates. My son has been working at a place the last three years.
>The pay isn't good, but they give him a nice place to live (free,
>including most utilities) and treat him like a king. His commute is
>about 50 feet.

State Prison.

Protecting Tomatos from Tornados [email protected] General Cooking 5 16-04-2012 03:08 PM
Tea Arts ¯ù¤å icetea Tea 0 23-03-2009 01:41 AM
school for culinary arts, culinary arts usa, culinary arts schools,culinary arts recipe [email protected] General Cooking 0 15-02-2009 07:56 PM
DD's culinary education advances Kathleen[_4_] General Cooking 0 08-02-2009 04:32 PM
Protecting raspberries Ken Anderson Preserving 0 18-06-2004 04:25 PM