Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Recipes From An Italian Summer

While I'm here, while shopping at Borders today for something totally
different, I happened across "Recipes From An Italian Summer." It
doesn't list an author but is from Phaidon cookbooks, www.phaidon.com,
and has a slew of great warm weather Italian recipes such as sweet and
sour rabbit; fig salad; zucchini, goat cheese and black olive
frittata; chicken, anchovy and caper roulades; and jasmine flower ice
cream. What first attracted me to the book, though, were the
photographs. They're absolutely beautiful and include some fantastic
landscapes as well as the usual food photography printed on matte
rather than glossy paper. I think it may be the most beautiful
cookbook I've ever seen.

Disclaimer: I have no financial or material interest in this cookbook.
I'm just very impressed with it.

Take care,
-bwg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

-bwg wrote:
> While I'm here, while shopping at Borders today for something totally
> different, I happened across "Recipes From An Italian Summer." It
> doesn't list an author but is from Phaidon cookbooks, www.phaidon.com,
> and has a slew of great warm weather Italian recipes such as sweet and
> sour rabbit; fig salad; zucchini, goat cheese and black olive
> frittata; chicken, anchovy and caper roulades; and jasmine flower ice
> cream. What first attracted me to the book, though, were the
> photographs. They're absolutely beautiful and include some fantastic
> landscapes as well as the usual food photography printed on matte
> rather than glossy paper. I think it may be the most beautiful
> cookbook I've ever seen.
>
> Disclaimer: I have no financial or material interest in this cookbook.
> I'm just very impressed with it.

Thanks, I'll look for it. And, nice to see you.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

-bwg wrote:
> While I'm here, while shopping at Borders today for something totally
> different, I happened across "Recipes From An Italian Summer." It
> doesn't list an author but is from Phaidon cookbooks, www.phaidon.com,
> and has a slew of great warm weather Italian recipes such as sweet and
> sour rabbit; fig salad; zucchini, goat cheese and black olive
> frittata; chicken, anchovy and caper roulades; and jasmine flower ice
> cream. What first attracted me to the book, though, were the
> photographs. They're absolutely beautiful and include some fantastic
> landscapes as well as the usual food photography printed on matte
> rather than glossy paper. I think it may be the most beautiful
> cookbook I've ever seen.
>
> Disclaimer: I have no financial or material interest in this cookbook.
> I'm just very impressed with it.
>
> Take care,
> -bwg

Wow! I am going to have to take a gander. Thanks, Barry.

--
Jean B.