Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Metabolic typing

How much credibility do you put into those who think they can classify your
metabolic or nutritional type? I'm working on a project for algebra of all
things and I guess the project is to show that you really do use algebra in
daily life.

I took the quiz and it said my metabolic type is "mixed" and said I do
better on carbs rather than proteins or fats. I find it funny that the
author says mixed types have little trouble with their weight. And, I
really answered the questions the best I could.

http://www.living-a-healthy-lifestyl...ic-typing.html

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/05/2010 8:35 AM, Cheryl wrote:
> How much credibility do you put into those who think they can classify
> your metabolic or nutritional type?

None. Unless you are somehow a different species to the rest of
humanity, or there is some reason (likely to be a medical problem) that
means you metabolise food differently to everyone else.

I'm working on a project for
> algebra of all things and I guess the project is to show that you really
> do use algebra in daily life.
>
> I took the quiz and it said my metabolic type is "mixed" and said I do
> better on carbs rather than proteins or fats.

What do you mean you "do better" on carbs rather than proteins or fats?

I find it funny that the
> author says mixed types have little trouble with their weight. And, I
> really answered the questions the best I could.
>
> http://www.living-a-healthy-lifestyl...ic-typing.html

I have my nonsense stick out, and I'll beat someone.

-G
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheryl wrote:

> How much credibility do you put into those who think they can classify your
> metabolic or nutritional type? I'm working on a project for algebra of all
> things and I guess the project is to show that you really do use algebra in
> daily life.

You wouldn't analyze this question with algebra.
This is a job for Q-mode factor analysis (also
known as inverse factor analysis). That is a
statistical technique for identifying groups
within a population.