Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Sweet potato hash browns?

Peeled and diced, browned with onions? Is this a bad idea?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 26, 9:20*am, "cybercat" > wrote:
> Peeled and diced, browned with onions? Is this a bad idea?

I just never think of sweet potatoes going with onions. I hope
someone else can answer this.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/26/2010 10:20 AM, cybercat wrote:
> Peeled and diced, browned with onions? Is this a bad idea?

Yes, do it! I can taste them already!

--
regards, mike
piedmont, The Practical BBQ'r
Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> Peeled and diced, browned with onions? Is this a bad idea?

Not a bad idea at all. Love sweet potatoes in any shape or form,
even with onions.
We sometimes roast sweet potatoes and red onion wedges with chicken
thighs. Really good.

-Tracy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
itsjoannotjoann > wrote:

> On Feb 26, 9:20*am, "cybercat" > wrote:
> > Peeled and diced, browned with onions? Is this a bad idea?

> I just never think of sweet potatoes going with onions. I hope
> someone else can answer this.

It works just fine imho! Your tastes may vary of course, and that's ok.
:-)
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

joan replied to cyber****:

>> Peeled and diced, browned with onions? Is this a bad idea?

> I just never think of sweet potatoes going with onions. I hope someone
> else can answer this.

Since onions caramelize fairly easily, I think they go well with sweet
potatoes. A couple weeks ago I made shredded-sweet-potato pancakes with
shallots, powdered California chiles, and honey-sweetened yogurt as a kind
of "drifting toward dessert" course, and that turned out quite well.

cyber****'s idea could work, though I'd take care to cut the onion into
pieces which were about the same size as the sweet potato dice; the texture
would be better that way, and the vegetables would cook at the same rate.
The greater concern would be how the dish tasted after cyber**** cooked it
over a barrel of burning garbage.

Bob