Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default el Bulli closes permanently

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...loses-el-bulli

I have seen various shows on this restaurant and on it's chef, Ferran Adria.
Interesting concept, just not marketable...and I think, a bit to high-brow
intellectually.
-ginny

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 10:38:35 -0500, "Virginia Tadrzynski"
> wrote:

> http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...loses-el-bulli
>

> I have seen various shows on this restaurant and on it's chef, Ferran Adria.
> Interesting concept, just not marketable...and I think, a bit to high-brow
> intellectually.
> -ginny

I read just a few days ago that it was closing for two years and
reopening with a different focus.

http://sf.eater.com/archives/2010/01..._in_20 12.php
http://ny.eater.com/archives/2008/04/please_god_no.php

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 10:38:35 -0500, "Virginia Tadrzynski"
> > wrote:
>
>> http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...loses-el-bulli
>>

>> I have seen various shows on this restaurant and on it's chef, Ferran
>> Adria.
>> Interesting concept, just not marketable...and I think, a bit to
>> high-brow
>> intellectually.
>> -ginny
>>

> I read just a few days ago that it was closing for two years and
> reopening with a different focus.
>
> http://sf.eater.com/archives/2010/01..._in_20 12.php
> http://ny.eater.com/archives/2008/04/please_god_no.php
>
> --
> I love cooking with wine.
> Sometimes I even put it in the food.

The original plan was to close for 2 years, restructure and then reopen.
It was released just yesterday that it would close for good and Adria would
open a cooking school.
-g

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Virginia Tadrzynski > wrote:

> The original plan was to close for 2 years, restructure
> and then reopen. It was released just yesterday that it would
> close for good and Adria would open a cooking school.

Well, damn. I had more or less been planning to go there sometime;
due to the long winter closings each year it had not thus far
corresponded with any of my visits to Spain. I guess I have
blown it.

I felt it was perhaps one of the few truly unique contenders for
best restaurant on the planet.

Steve