Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default White House... er, Veggi-gate?

I'm not sure whether to be surprised or not at the number of people blaming
the President for Food Network's use of stunt vegetables on their recent
White House Iron Chef America.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/featur...play-all.story

I truly am astonished every time I underestimate the power of stupid and the
Internet when mixed together.

Hasta,
Curt Nelson

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/15/2010 7:47 PM, Curt Nelson wrote:
> I'm not sure whether to be surprised or not at the number of people blaming
> the President for Food Network's use of stunt vegetables on their recent
> White House Iron Chef America.
>
> http://www.chicagotribune.com/featur...play-all.story
>
> I truly am astonished every time I underestimate the power of stupid and the
> Internet when mixed together.
>
> Hasta,
> Curt Nelson

I'm getting awfully tired of seeing "gate" used as a suffix. It was
cute maybe once or twice after Watergate.

Other than that, I agree with you about the "power of stupid". :-)

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Curt Nelson wrote:

> I'm not sure whether to be surprised or not at the number of people
> blaming the President for Food Network's use of stunt vegetables on
> their recent White House Iron Chef America.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/featur...play-all.story

> I truly am astonished every time I underestimate the power of stupid
> and the Internet when mixed together.

Why I am not surprized...after all nObama is the penultimate "Master of
Illusions"...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gregory Morrow wrote:

> Why I am not surprized...after all nObama is the penultimate "Master
> of Illusions"...

Who's the ultimate?

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:

> Gregory Morrow wrote:
>
>> Why I am not surprized...after all nObama is the penultimate "Master
>> of Illusions"...

> Who's the ultimate?

Hmmmm...well today it seems to be our very own "Andy"...!!!

;-)

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:

> Gregory Morrow wrote:
>
>> Why I am not surprized...after all nObama is the penultimate "Master
>> of Illusions"...

> Who's the ultimate?

Rahm Emanuel...!!!

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 08:13:10 -0600, Gregory Morrow wrote:

> Nancy Young wrote:
>
>> Gregory Morrow wrote:
>>
>>> Why I am not surprized...after all nObama is the penultimate "Master
>>> of Illusions"...

>> Who's the ultimate?

> Rahm Emanuel...!!!

how quickly they forget. the correct answer is 'mission accomlished' karl
rove.

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ImStillMags wrote:

> I came to this board because it is a cooking board. I did not expect
> to see politics and filthy name calling here.
> I'm dissappointed.

but you didnt cut he bad word out did u?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ImStillMags wrote:

> I came to this board because it is a cooking board. I did not expect
> to see politics and filthy name calling here.
> I'm dissappointed.

Bob Muncie... is that you!?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 08:13:10 -0600, Gregory Morrow wrote:
>
>> Nancy Young wrote:

>>> Who's the ultimate?

>> Rahm Emanuel...!!!

> how quickly they forget. the correct answer is 'mission accomlished'
> karl rove.

Yup...and he's *already* planning the 2010 and 2012 GOP "comebacks". blake,
so *beware*...!!!

Don't kid yerself, though, Rove and Emanuel are cut from *exactly* the same
cloth...they'd both make Machiavelli blush in shame...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 17:57:47 -0500, Goomba wrote:

> ImStillMags wrote:
>
>> I came to this board because it is a cooking board. I did not expect
>> to see politics and filthy name calling here.
>> I'm dissappointed.

> Bob Muncie... is that you!?

<snort>

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 18:16:34 -0600, Gregory Morrow wrote:

> blake murphy wrote:

>>> Rahm Emanuel...!!!

>> how quickly they forget. the correct answer is 'mission accomlished'
>> karl rove.

> Yup...and he's *already* planning the 2010 and 2012 GOP "comebacks". blake,
> so *beware*...!!!
>
> Don't kid yerself, though, Rove and Emanuel are cut from *exactly* the same
> cloth...they'd both make Machiavelli blush in shame...

i don't think so. i haven't noticed emanuel telling many bald-faced lies.

and i hate to tell you this, but rove isn't 'planning' anything. he's too
busy writing rubbish for the *wall st. journal* and fox news. that's where
washed-up, disgraced political 'advisors' go to die.

blake

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 15:31:34 -0500, blake murphy
> wrote:

>On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 18:16:34 -0600, Gregory Morrow wrote:
>
>> blake murphy wrote:

>>> how quickly they forget. the correct answer is 'mission accomlished'
>>> karl rove.

>> Yup...and he's *already* planning the 2010 and 2012 GOP "comebacks". blake,
>> so *beware*...!!!
>>
>> Don't kid yerself, though, Rove and Emanuel are cut from *exactly* the same
>> cloth...they'd both make Machiavelli blush in shame...

>i don't think so. i haven't noticed emanuel telling many bald-faced lies.
>
>and i hate to tell you this, but rove isn't 'planning' anything. he's too
>busy writing rubbish for the *wall st. journal* and fox news. that's where
>washed-up, disgraced political 'advisors' go to die.

At least that keeps them away from usenet where all the good stuff
happens and truth is told.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 15:31:34 -0500, blake murphy
> wrote:

>On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 18:16:34 -0600, Gregory Morrow wrote:

>and i hate to tell you this, but rove isn't 'planning' anything. he's too
>busy writing rubbish for the *wall st. journal* and fox news. that's where
>washed-up, disgraced political 'advisors' go to die.
>
>blake
>
>blake

Well the Hawaii Republican Party is having some sort of get-together
and they have invited Carl Rove to be the main speaker:>)
Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

On Jan 16, 10:02 am, ImStillMags > wrote:

> I came to this board because it is a cooking board. I did not expect
> to see politics and filthy name calling here.
> I'm dissappointed.

Then just read the posts about cooking and food. Hint: if you skip
all of Blake's posts you will never miss anything about cooking and
food. -aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking

aem wrote:

> On Jan 16, 10:02 am, ImStillMags > wrote:
>>
>> I came to this board because it is a cooking board. I did not
>> expect to see politics and filthy name calling here.
>> I'm dissappointed.

> Then just read the posts about cooking and food. Hint: if you skip
> all of Blake's posts you will never miss anything about cooking and
> food. -aem

blake's posts are one of the *great* things about this here group
IMNSHO...and he posts *plenty* about food.

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 15:06:00 -0600, Lou Decruss wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 15:31:34 -0500, blake murphy
> > wrote:

>>> Yup...and he's *already* planning the 2010 and 2012 GOP "comebacks". blake,
>>> so *beware*...!!!
>>>
>>> Don't kid yerself, though, Rove and Emanuel are cut from *exactly* the same
>>> cloth...they'd both make Machiavelli blush in shame...

>>i don't think so. i haven't noticed emanuel telling many bald-faced lies.
>>
>>and i hate to tell you this, but rove isn't 'planning' anything. he's too
>>busy writing rubbish for the *wall st. journal* and fox news. that's where
>>washed-up, disgraced political 'advisors' go to die.
>>

> At least that keeps them away from usenet where all the good stuff
> happens and truth is told.
>
> Lou

well, you do have satah palin tweeting and on facebook...

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 11:39:43 -1000, pure kona wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 15:31:34 -0500, blake murphy
> > wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 18:16:34 -0600, Gregory Morrow wrote:

>>and i hate to tell you this, but rove isn't 'planning' anything. he's too
>>busy writing rubbish for the *wall st. journal* and fox news. that's where
>>washed-up, disgraced political 'advisors' go to die.
>>
>>blake
>>
>>blake

> Well the Hawaii Republican Party is having some sort of get-together
> and they have invited Carl Rove to be the main speaker:>)

lucky them.

your pal,
blak
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 14:11:40 -0800 (PST), aem wrote:

> On Jan 16, 10:02 am, ImStillMags > wrote:
>>
>> I came to this board because it is a cooking board. I did not expect
>> to see politics and filthy name calling here.
>> I'm dissappointed.

> Then just read the posts about cooking and food. Hint: if you skip
> all of Blake's posts you will never miss anything about cooking and
> food. -aem

untrue.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 19:36:46 -0600, Gregory Morrow wrote:

> aem wrote:
>
>> On Jan 16, 10:02 am, ImStillMags > wrote:
>>>
>>> I came to this board because it is a cooking board. I did not
>>> expect to see politics and filthy name calling here.
>>> I'm dissappointed.

>> Then just read the posts about cooking and food. Hint: if you skip
>> all of Blake's posts you will never miss anything about cooking and
>> food. -aem

> blake's posts are one of the *great* things about this here group
> IMNSHO...and he posts *plenty* about food.

maybe not 'plenty,' but they're not all japes and foolishness.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

On Jan 18, 7:29 am, blake murphy > wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 19:36:46 -0600, Gregory Morrow wrote:
> > aem wrote:

> >> Then just read the posts about cooking and food. Hint: if you skip
> >> all of Blake's posts you will never miss anything about cooking and
> >> food. -aem

> > blake's posts are one of the *great* things about this here group
> > IMNSHO...and he posts *plenty* about food.

> maybe not 'plenty,' but they're not all japes and foolishness.

I admit I was not current on your postings because I've been routinely
skipping them for quite a while but this morning I took a few minutes
and clicked on all the easily identifiable posts of yours of the last
few days. Out of more than 30 posts, one was a question about an
electric wok. None of the others could be construed as having content
that was informative about food or cooking. I didn't say you
shouldn't post as you do, that's your choice, I simply said she could
skip you without missing anything. -aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking

aem wrote:

> On Jan 18, 7:29 am, blake murphy > wrote:

>>> blake's posts are one of the *great* things about this here group
>>> IMNSHO...and he posts *plenty* about food.

>> maybe not 'plenty,' but they're not all japes and foolishness.

> I admit I was not current on your postings because I've been routinely
> skipping them for quite a while but this morning I took a few minutes
> and clicked on all the easily identifiable posts of yours of the last
> few days. Out of more than 30 posts, one was a question about an
> electric wok. None of the others could be construed as having content
> that was informative about food or cooking. I didn't say you
> shouldn't post as you do, that's your choice, I simply said she could
> skip you without missing anything. -aem

Martinet...!!!

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 08:53:18 -0800 (PST), aem wrote:

> On Jan 18, 7:29 am, blake murphy > wrote:

>>> blake's posts are one of the *great* things about this here group
>>> IMNSHO...and he posts *plenty* about food.

>> maybe not 'plenty,' but they're not all japes and foolishness.

> I admit I was not current on your postings because I've been routinely
> skipping them for quite a while but this morning I took a few minutes
> and clicked on all the easily identifiable posts of yours of the last
> few days. Out of more than 30 posts, one was a question about an
> electric wok. None of the others could be construed as having content
> that was informative about food or cooking. I didn't say you
> shouldn't post as you do, that's your choice, I simply said she could
> skip you without missing anything. -aem

suit yourself.

your pal,
blake