MrAoD

Default Cassoeula - Interested?

"Luca Pinotti" writes:
>I would like to give you a recipe of a typical noth-italian recipe:
>cassouela or casseola (pronouced with a closed "O")
>It comes from 1600 and it's original from Lombardy, between Milano, Como and
>Pavia.
>It's not easy and it takes some time to be prepared. It's recomende in cold
>winters (so: no southern US states, sorry).
>
>If you are intersted, please reply.
>Translations are often a hard job.

Roughly speaking what kind of dish is it?

Thanks,

Marc

>Luca
>
>--
>Nolite proicere margaritas ad porcos

Luca Pinotti

MrAoD wrote:
> "Luca Pinotti" writes:
>> I would like to give you a recipe of a typical noth-italian recipe:
>> cassouela or casseola (pronouced with a closed "O")
>> It comes from 1600 and it's original from Lombardy, between Milano,
>> Como and Pavia.
>> It's not easy and it takes some time to be prepared. It's recomende
>> in cold winters (so: no southern US states, sorry).
>>
>> If you are intersted, please reply.
>> Translations are often a hard job.

> Roughly speaking what kind of dish is it?

It's a kind of stew made with savoy cabbage, sausages and different parts of
pork.

If you are asking means that you have never heard about it...

Luca

--
Nolite proicere margaritas ad porcos

James Shugg

"Luca Pinotti" > wrote in message >...
> MrAoD wrote:
> > "Luca Pinotti" writes:
> >> I would like to give you a recipe of a typical noth-italian recipe:
> >> cassouela or casseola (pronouced with a closed "O")
> >> It comes from 1600 and it's original from Lombardy, between Milano,
> >> Como and Pavia.
> >> It's not easy and it takes some time to be prepared. It's recomende
> >> in cold winters (so: no southern US states, sorry).
> >>
> >> If you are intersted, please reply.
> >> Translations are often a hard job.

> > Roughly speaking what kind of dish is it?

> It's a kind of stew made with savoy cabbage, sausages and different parts of
> pork.
>
> If you are asking means that you have never heard about it...
>
> Luca

So it's like an Italian version of the French cassoulet?
Luca Pinotti

James Shugg wrote:
> "Luca Pinotti" > wrote in message
>> MrAoD wrote:

>>> Roughly speaking what kind of dish is it?

>> It's a kind of stew made with savoy cabbage, sausages and different
>> parts of pork.
>>
>> If you are asking means that you have never heard about it...
>>
>> Luca

> So it's like an Italian version of the French cassoulet?

Or the cassoulet is the French version of the italian cassouela... ;-)

Luca

--
Nolite proicere margaritas ad porcos

sf

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 07:54:39 +0200, "Luca Pinotti"
> wrote:

> It's a kind of stew made with savoy cabbage, sausages and different parts of
> pork.
>
> If you are asking means that you have never heard about it...

Maybe this explains why people thought cassoulet was made
with cabbage when Jay Leno (a late night talk show host in
the US) posed it as a "man on the street" question.

sf

sf

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 17:32:01 +0200, "Luca Pinotti"
> wrote:

> Or the cassoulet is the French version of the italian cassouela... ;-)

Northern Italian - or is it found all over the place?

sf
Luca Pinotti

sf wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 17:32:01 +0200, "Luca Pinotti"
> > wrote:
>
>> Or the cassoulet is the French version of the italian cassouela...
>> ;-)

> Northern Italian - or is it found all over the place?

Just Northern Italian. Mo just from thre or four provinces: Como, Milano
and Pavia; maybe Varese...

Luca

--
Nolite proicere margaritas ad porcos

interested???? kaki General Cooking 0 03-02-2008 04:04 PM
OT - To Those Interested Damsel in dis Dress General Cooking 36 12-11-2005 12:06 AM
Cassoeula - Interested? Luca Pinotti General Cooking 4 15-10-2004 05:36 AM
To All Interested. Vegan 1 02-07-2004 06:09 PM
Interested in Tea? Tom Tea 1 23-02-2004 10:52 PM