Bob

Default Almond cookie recipe?

I just got some end-of-the-season peaches, and I want to make a peach tart.
But rather than using the conventional pate sucree recipe for the tart
shell, I want to make an almond-cookie crust. Problem is, I don't have a I
like for almond cookies. The cookie I have in mind is something like a sugar
cookie, but with a pronounced almond flavor. Does anybody have a recipe
which might fit that description? (I *could* experiment and just add almond
extract to a sugar-cookie recipe, but I thought I'd ask here first.)

Bob

Bob

D'oh! I wrote:

> Problem is, I don't have a I like for almond cookies.

That should be "I don't have a RECIPE I like for almond cookies."

Damn Internet, relaying what I *type* instead of what I *mean*...:-)

> The cookie I have in mind is something like a sugar
> cookie, but with a pronounced almond flavor. Does anybody have a recipe
> which might fit that description? (I *could* experiment and just add
> almond extract to a sugar-cookie recipe, but I thought I'd ask here
> first.)

Bob

Bob

D'oh! I wrote:

> Problem is, I don't have a I like for almond cookies.

That should be "I don't have a RECIPE I like for almond cookies."

Damn Internet, relaying what I *type* instead of what I *mean*...:-)

> The cookie I have in mind is something like a sugar
> cookie, but with a pronounced almond flavor. Does anybody have a recipe
> which might fit that description? (I *could* experiment and just add
> almond extract to a sugar-cookie recipe, but I thought I'd ask here
> first.)

Bob

Nancy Young

Bob wrote:

> D'oh! I wrote:
>
> > Problem is, I don't have a I like for almond cookies.

> That should be "I don't have a RECIPE I like for almond cookies."
>
> Damn Internet, relaying what I *type* instead of what I *mean*...:-)

Stupid thing knew what you meant.

nancy
MOMPEAGRAM

* Exported from BigOven *

Almond Sugar Cookies

Recipe By :
Serving Size :60
Cuisine :
Main Ingred. :
Categories esserts Dec '96
Cookies Baked

-------- ------------- --------------------------------
3 tablespoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons stick margarine --softened
1/4 cup skim milk
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg white
1 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup ground almonds
1/8 teaspoon salt
Cooking spray

Preheat oven to 325º.Combine 3 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon in a bowl;
stir well. Set aside.Cream 1 cup sugar and margarine at medium speed of a
mixer until light and fluffy. Add milk, extracts, and egg white, and beat
well. Combine flour, almonds, and salt, and add to creamed mixture, beating
well. Divide dough in half; cover and refrigerate half of dough. Shape
remaining half of dough into 30 (1-inch) balls; roll balls in sugar mixture,
coating well. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets coated with cooking
spray. Flatten each ball with the bottom of a glass. Bake at 325º for 14
minutes. Cool on wire racks. Repeat procedure with remaining dough. Serving
Size: 1 cookieSource: "Cooking Light, December 1996, p.171"Copyright: "©
Cooking Light"Yield: "60 cookies"T(Baking Time): "0:14"
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 45 Calories; 1g Fat (21.6% calories
from fat); 1g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; trace
Cholesterol; 15mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0
Non-Fat Milk; 0 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 4098 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0

** This recipe can be pasted directly into BigOven for Windows. **
** Easy Windows recipe software. Try it free at www.bigoven.com. **

* Exported from BigOven *

Austrian Cream Cheese Brownies

Recipe By :
Serving Size :36
Cuisine :
Main Ingred. :

-------- ------------- --------------------------------
CRUST
1 1/2 cups Flour
1 cup Brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
2/3 cup Butter --softened
TOPPING
8 ounces Cream cheese --softened
3/4 cup Sugar
1/8 cup Flour
2 Eggs
6 ounces Chocolate chips
semi-sweet
GLAZE
6 ounces Chocolate chips
semi-sweet
1/2 cup Pecans --or walnuts
chopped

Heat oven to 350-F. In large bowl, combine all crust ingredients. Beat
atmedium speed about 2 minutes or until crumbly and well blended.
Pressmixture into ungreased 13x9-inch pan. Bake at 350-F for 12 minutes.
Removefrom oven.In small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, 2 Tbsp flour and
eggs at mediumspeed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Stir in 1 cup chocolate
chips. Pourover partially baked crust. Bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes
or untiltopping is almost set. Remove from oven; immediately sprinkle 1
cupchocolate chips over top. Return to oven for 1 minute to melt chips.
Gentlyspread melted chips over top. Sprinkle with pecans; lightly press
intoglaze. Refrigerate 1 hour. Cut into bars. Store in refrigerator.Per
Brownies: 392 Calories; 24 g Fat; 14 g Sat Fat; 16 mg Cholesterol; 65
mgSodium; 50 g Carb; 4 g Fiber; 4 g Protein.[Note]Yield: 36

** This recipe can be pasted directly into BigOven for Windows. **
** Easy Windows recipe software. Try it free at www.bigoven.com. **

* Exported from BigOven *

Bonbon Cookies

Recipe By :
Serving Size :4
Cuisine :
Main Ingred. :

-------- ------------- --------------------------------
3 1/2 cups Vanilla wafers
2 tablespoons Cocoa
1/2 cup Powdered sugar
1/4 cup Light corn syrup
1/3 cup Southern comfort
1 cup Walnuts --chopped
6 ounces Chocolate chips
1 tablespoon Shortening

Roll out vanilla wafers with rolling pin until fine and smooth combine
withremaining ingredients, except chocolate and shortening. Roll into balls
anddip in melted chocolate chips (melted over low heat with shortening). Put
inrefrigerator overnight. Serve cold.

** This recipe can be pasted directly into BigOven for Windows. **
** Easy Windows recipe software. Try it free at www.bigoven.com. **

* Exported from BigOven *

Butter Almond Cookies

Recipe By :Good Housekeeping
Serving Size :36
Cuisine :
Main Ingred. :
Categories :Spritz COOKIES

-------- ------------- --------------------------------
1 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup butter or margarine --softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1/4 cup natural almonds chopped

In to large bowl measure flour, butter or margarine, sugar, almond
extract,salt and egg.With mixer at low speed beat ingredients until well
blended. Occasionallyscrapping bowl with rubber spatula.Preheat oven to 400
degrees F.Spoon half of dough in to large decorating bag with large rosette
tube.For each cookie pipe some dough in to a 1 1/2 inch round on to
ungreasedcookie sheet.Spacing cookies about 1 inch apart.Gently press some
chopped almonds in to center of each cookie.Bake cookies 8 to 10 minutes
until lightly browned.With pancake turner carefully remove cookies to wire
racks to cool.Repeat with remaining dough and chopped almonds.Store cookies
in tightly covered container.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 89 Calories; 5g Fat (53.2% calories
from fat); 1g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 19mg
Cholesterol; 69mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1 Fat;
0 Other Carbohydrates.Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

** This recipe can be pasted directly into BigOven for Windows. **
** Easy Windows recipe software. Try it free at www.bigoven.com. **

* Exported from BigOven *

Mandelecken (almond Triangles) 1

Recipe By :
Serving Size :0
Cuisine :
Main Ingred. :
Categories :Refrigerator COOKIES

-------- ------------- --------------------------------
200 grams flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
100 grams ground almonds
100 grams sugar
1 package vanilla sugar or 1 teaspoon vanilla
extract
1 pinch salt
1 tablespoon milk
200 grams butter
almond halves for garnishing

Knead all ingredients to form a firm dough.Form the dough into a "log", 3 cm
wide and 1 cm high and put into therefrigerator for 1 hour.Cut the log into
triangles and garnish with halved almonds.Bake at 180º C for 20 minutes.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 3089 Calories; 211g Fat (59.7%
calories from fat); 48g Protein; 272g Carbohydrate; 12g Dietary Fiber; 440mg
Cholesterol; 2295mg Sodium. Exchanges: 11 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 0
Non-Fat Milk; 40 Fat; 7 Other Carbohydrates.Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
0

** This recipe can be pasted directly into BigOven for Windows. **
** Easy Windows recipe software. Try it free at www.bigoven.com. **

* Exported from BigOven *

Snappy Almond Stars

Recipe By :
Serving Size :48
Cuisine :
Main Ingred. :
Categories :July '97 Cookies

-------- ------------- --------------------------------
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/4 cup light butter
1 tablespoon cold water
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sliced almonds

Preheat oven to 375º.Beat sugar and butter at medium speed of a mixer until
well-blended (about 5 minutes). Add water; beat well. Combine the flour,
cornstarch, cinnamon, and salt. Add to sugar mixture; beat until
well-blended. Gently press dough into a 4-inch disk; wrap in plastic wrap.
Freeze 30 minutes.Remove plastic wrap. Roll to a 1/16-inch thickness on a
lightly floured surface; cut with a 2-inch star cutter. Place the cookies on
a baking sheet; top with almonds. Bake at 375º for 8 minutes or until
cookies are crisp and edges are browned. Cool 30 seconds on pan. Remove from
pan; cool on wire racks. Serving Size: 1 cookieSource: "Cooking Light, July
1997, p.63"Copyright: "© Cooking Light"Yield: "4 Dozen"T(Baking Time):
"0:08"
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 28 Calories; 1g Fat (28.6% calories
from fat); 1g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 2mg
Cholesterol; 12mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Fat; 0
Other Carbohydrates.NOTES : Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cup, then
level off.For optimal snap and crunch, roll the dough out as thin as
possible. The thinner the cookie, the crisper the crunch.Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0
0 14 0 0 0 0

"Bob" > wrote in message
>I just got some end-of-the-season peaches, and I want to make a peach tart.
> But rather than using the conventional pate sucree recipe for the tart
> shell, I want to make an almond-cookie crust. Problem is, I don't have a I
> like for almond cookies. The cookie I have in mind is something like a
> sugar
> cookie, but with a pronounced almond flavor. Does anybody have a recipe
> which might fit that description? (I *could* experiment and just add
> almond
> extract to a sugar-cookie recipe, but I thought I'd ask here first.)
>
> Bob

Chris and Bob Neidecker

"Bob" > wrote in message
> I just got some end-of-the-season peaches, and I want to make a peach

tart.
> But rather than using the conventional pate sucree recipe for the tart
> shell, I want to make an almond-cookie crust. Problem is, I don't have a I
> like for almond cookies. The cookie I have in mind is something like a

sugar
> cookie, but with a pronounced almond flavor. Does anybody have a recipe
> which might fit that description? (I *could* experiment and just add

almond
> extract to a sugar-cookie recipe, but I thought I'd ask here first.)

Can't help you with a tried-and-true recipe, but I was looking at an almond
cookie recipe just the other day (where? epicurious.com? foodnetwork.com?
allrecipes.com? sorry, can't remember). The recipe used almond paste rather
than extract. It looked pretty good -- might have been along the lines of a
shortbread.

Last time I made a peach tart, I used the recipe from Joy of Cooking for
peach galette, with a cornmeal crust. Sounds weird, but it was really
tasty. If you can't find an almond cookie crust recipe to suit you, give
the cornmeal crust a try. It had just a bit of cornmeal -- not too much,
just enough for a bit of nubbly texture and an interesting flavor.

Either way, do up those peaches and enjoy!

Chris and Bob Neidecker

"Bob" > wrote in message
> I just got some end-of-the-season peaches, and I want to make a peach

tart.
> But rather than using the conventional pate sucree recipe for the tart
> shell, I want to make an almond-cookie crust. Problem is, I don't have a I
> like for almond cookies. The cookie I have in mind is something like a

sugar
> cookie, but with a pronounced almond flavor. Does anybody have a recipe
> which might fit that description? (I *could* experiment and just add

almond
> extract to a sugar-cookie recipe, but I thought I'd ask here first.)

Can't help you with a tried-and-true recipe, but I was looking at an almond
cookie recipe just the other day (where? epicurious.com? foodnetwork.com?
allrecipes.com? sorry, can't remember). The recipe used almond paste rather
than extract. It looked pretty good -- might have been along the lines of a
shortbread.

Last time I made a peach tart, I used the recipe from Joy of Cooking for
peach galette, with a cornmeal crust. Sounds weird, but it was really
tasty. If you can't find an almond cookie crust recipe to suit you, give
the cornmeal crust a try. It had just a bit of cornmeal -- not too much,
just enough for a bit of nubbly texture and an interesting flavor.

Either way, do up those peaches and enjoy!

Margaret Suran

Bob wrote:
> I just got some end-of-the-season peaches, and I want to make a
> peach tart. But rather than using the conventional pate sucree
> recipe for the tart shell, I want to make an almond-cookie crust.
> Problem is, I don't have a I like for almond cookies. The cookie I
> have in mind is something like a sugar cookie, but with a
> pronounced almond flavor. Does anybody have a recipe which might
> fit that description? (I *could* experiment and just add almond
> extract to a sugar-cookie recipe, but I thought I'd ask here
> first.)
>
> Bob

Vanilla Cookies

l cup blanched and finely ground almonds

l stick unsalted butter

1/4 cup confectioner's sugar

1 1/2 cups flour

1 raw egg yolk (to hold dough together for the crust, not necessary
for the cookies)

1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract, more or less as desired

1/2 tsp Almond Extract, more or less as desired

For the cookies, Viennese Crescents, I use neither of the extracts,
but dip the finished cookies in Vanilla sugar.

I have used the dough as in the recipe above to make miniature shells
for fruit tarts. I did not roll it out, but pressed small amounts
into the forms.

Margaret Suran

Bob wrote:
> I just got some end-of-the-season peaches, and I want to make a
> peach tart. But rather than using the conventional pate sucree
> recipe for the tart shell, I want to make an almond-cookie crust.
> Problem is, I don't have a I like for almond cookies. The cookie I
> have in mind is something like a sugar cookie, but with a
> pronounced almond flavor. Does anybody have a recipe which might
> fit that description? (I *could* experiment and just add almond
> extract to a sugar-cookie recipe, but I thought I'd ask here
> first.)
>
> Bob

Vanilla Cookies

l cup blanched and finely ground almonds

l stick unsalted butter

1/4 cup confectioner's sugar

1 1/2 cups flour

1 raw egg yolk (to hold dough together for the crust, not necessary
for the cookies)

1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract, more or less as desired

1/2 tsp Almond Extract, more or less as desired

For the cookies, Viennese Crescents, I use neither of the extracts,
but dip the finished cookies in Vanilla sugar.

I have used the dough as in the recipe above to make miniature shells
for fruit tarts. I did not roll it out, but pressed small amounts
into the forms.

Nancy Dooley

"Bob" > wrote in message >...
> I just got some end-of-the-season peaches, and I want to make a peach tart.
> But rather than using the conventional pate sucree recipe for the tart
> shell, I want to make an almond-cookie crust. Problem is, I don't have a I
> like for almond cookies. The cookie I have in mind is something like a sugar
> cookie, but with a pronounced almond flavor. Does anybody have a recipe
> which might fit that description? (I *could* experiment and just add almond
> extract to a sugar-cookie recipe, but I thought I'd ask here first.)
>
> Bob

My BH & G cookies & candy cookbook has "Chinese Almond Cookies," which
are as you describe...if you want it, holler.

N.

Bob

Nancy wrote:

> My BH & G cookies & candy cookbook has "Chinese Almond Cookies," which
> are as you describe...if you want it, holler.

Yes, please...although Margaret's cookie recipe looks like a winner, I'm
interested in seeing what else is out there.

Bob

Bob

Nancy wrote:

> My BH & G cookies & candy cookbook has "Chinese Almond Cookies," which
> are as you describe...if you want it, holler.

Yes, please...although Margaret's cookie recipe looks like a winner, I'm
interested in seeing what else is out there.

Bob

Almond Cookie Shells for Ice Cream MacLeod, Kathleen Recipes (moderated) 0 29-05-2006 01:22 PM
Butter / Sugar Cookie Recipe for Cookie Cutters Weiler General Cooking 4 09-06-2005 02:04 AM
Almond Cookie Duckie ® Recipes 0 19-03-2005 04:15 PM
Almond cookie Carryon Diabetic 0 27-07-2004 09:30 PM
Almond Joy Cookie Balls Duckie ® Recipes 0 21-06-2004 12:55 AM