buildmorelines

Default need commercial microwave with turntable

My microwave shorted and died and will be in the repair show for a
while. I need another microwave anyways (need 2 at the same time). I
dont want a $40 toy (600 watt) microwave from wallmart. I want a 1200
watt or higher (2500 watt would be my functional limit, but even
higher is ok I guess), and I want a 240v (high voltage) model with a
home-like feel (telephone style number pad, window in door). I am sick
of waiting 4-5 mins for a cup of water for tea to boil, I want it done
in 10-40 secs, plus almost all my recipies and foods and cooking is
done around a microwave, I rarly use a gas range.

I have looked at the commercial Amanas and Panasonic Commercial
Microwaves, I can live with them (strange number pad layout, small-ish
and cube-ish inside), except they dont have a turntable. I dont know
how important that is, but I've always bought turntable domestic
microwaves before, and there is uneven cooking when I turn the
turntable off. So can someone answer my questions.

How important is a turn table?
Do the high wattage (1600+) commercials need a turn table to cook
evenly?
Are there any high wattage commercials that have a turn table?
Any other recomendations for me?
Dimitri

"buildmorelines" > wrote in message
om...
> My microwave shorted and died and will be in the repair show for a
> while. I need another microwave anyways (need 2 at the same time). I
> dont want a $40 toy (600 watt) microwave from wallmart. I want a 1200
> watt or higher (2500 watt would be my functional limit, but even
> higher is ok I guess), and I want a 240v (high voltage) model with a
> home-like feel (telephone style number pad, window in door). I am sick
> of waiting 4-5 mins for a cup of water for tea to boil, I want it done
> in 10-40 secs, plus almost all my recipies and foods and cooking is
> done around a microwave, I rarly use a gas range.
>
> I have looked at the commercial Amanas and Panasonic Commercial
> Microwaves, I can live with them (strange number pad layout, small-ish
> and cube-ish inside), except they dont have a turntable. I dont know
> how important that is, but I've always bought turntable domestic
> microwaves before, and there is uneven cooking when I turn the
> turntable off. So can someone answer my questions.
>
> How important is a turn table?
> Do the high wattage (1600+) commercials need a turn table to cook
> evenly?
> Are there any high wattage commercials that have a turn table?
> Any other recomendations for me?

Go to Costco.
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...9156*&Browse=1

a.. Model: EM-Z2000S
b.. 1000 watt
c.. .9 cu ft
d.. Stainless Steel Interior and Front on Black Cabinet
e.. 12 3/8" Glass Turntable
f.. Six Direct Access Keys for Quick Programming of Popular Foods
g.. Defrosts by Weight or Time
h.. 2-Color Digital Display
$77.00

Dimitri

Dimitri

"buildmorelines" > wrote in message
om...
> My microwave shorted and died and will be in the repair show for a
> while. I need another microwave anyways (need 2 at the same time). I
> dont want a $40 toy (600 watt) microwave from wallmart. I want a 1200
> watt or higher (2500 watt would be my functional limit, but even
> higher is ok I guess), and I want a 240v (high voltage) model with a
> home-like feel (telephone style number pad, window in door). I am sick
> of waiting 4-5 mins for a cup of water for tea to boil, I want it done
> in 10-40 secs, plus almost all my recipies and foods and cooking is
> done around a microwave, I rarly use a gas range.
>
> I have looked at the commercial Amanas and Panasonic Commercial
> Microwaves, I can live with them (strange number pad layout, small-ish
> and cube-ish inside), except they dont have a turntable. I dont know
> how important that is, but I've always bought turntable domestic
> microwaves before, and there is uneven cooking when I turn the
> turntable off. So can someone answer my questions.
>
> How important is a turn table?
> Do the high wattage (1600+) commercials need a turn table to cook
> evenly?
> Are there any high wattage commercials that have a turn table?
> Any other recomendations for me?

Go to Costco.
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...9156*&Browse=1

a.. Model: EM-Z2000S
b.. 1000 watt
c.. .9 cu ft
d.. Stainless Steel Interior and Front on Black Cabinet
e.. 12 3/8" Glass Turntable
f.. Six Direct Access Keys for Quick Programming of Popular Foods
g.. Defrosts by Weight or Time
h.. 2-Color Digital Display
$77.00

Dimitri

PENMART01

>Go to Costco.
>
>http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...hse=BD_822&top

nav=bdoff&cat=9156&hierPath=8663*9156*&Browse=1

> a.. Model: EM-Z2000S
> b.. 1000 watt
> c.. .9 cu ft
> d.. Stainless Steel Interior and Front on Black Cabinet
> e.. 12 3/8" Glass Turntable
> f.. Six Direct Access Keys for Quick Programming of Popular Foods
> g.. Defrosts by Weight or Time
> h.. 2-Color Digital Display
>$77.00
>
>Dimitri

Geeze, what a great buy... even though I'm not fond of the turntable types
makes me wish I needed a new nuker... but my 25 year old GE just won't give
out. I think they built them better way back.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
PENMART01

>Go to Costco.
>
>http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...hse=BD_822&top

nav=bdoff&cat=9156&hierPath=8663*9156*&Browse=1

> a.. Model: EM-Z2000S
> b.. 1000 watt
> c.. .9 cu ft
> d.. Stainless Steel Interior and Front on Black Cabinet
> e.. 12 3/8" Glass Turntable
> f.. Six Direct Access Keys for Quick Programming of Popular Foods
> g.. Defrosts by Weight or Time
> h.. 2-Color Digital Display
>$77.00
>
>Dimitri

Geeze, what a great buy... even though I'm not fond of the turntable types
makes me wish I needed a new nuker... but my 25 year old GE just won't give
out. I think they built them better way back.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````

Dimitri

"PENMART01" > wrote in message
> >Go to Costco.
>>
>>http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...hse=BD_822&top

> nav=bdoff&cat=9156&hierPath=8663*9156*&Browse=1
>>
>> a.. Model: EM-Z2000S
>> b.. 1000 watt
>> c.. .9 cu ft
>> d.. Stainless Steel Interior and Front on Black Cabinet
>> e.. 12 3/8" Glass Turntable
>> f.. Six Direct Access Keys for Quick Programming of Popular Foods
>> g.. Defrosts by Weight or Time
>> h.. 2-Color Digital Display
>>$77.00
>>
>>Dimitri
>>

> Geeze, what a great buy... even though I'm not fond of the turntable types
> makes me wish I needed a new nuker... but my 25 year old GE just won't
> give
> out. I think they built them better way back.
>

> ---= BOYCOTT FRANCE (belgium) GERMANY--SPAIN =---
> ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---

Like DVD players soon they will pay you to take them....

;-)

Dimitri

Dimitri

"PENMART01" > wrote in message
> >Go to Costco.
>>
>>http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...hse=BD_822&top

> nav=bdoff&cat=9156&hierPath=8663*9156*&Browse=1
>>
>> a.. Model: EM-Z2000S
>> b.. 1000 watt
>> c.. .9 cu ft
>> d.. Stainless Steel Interior and Front on Black Cabinet
>> e.. 12 3/8" Glass Turntable
>> f.. Six Direct Access Keys for Quick Programming of Popular Foods
>> g.. Defrosts by Weight or Time
>> h.. 2-Color Digital Display
>>$77.00
>>
>>Dimitri
>>

> Geeze, what a great buy... even though I'm not fond of the turntable types
> makes me wish I needed a new nuker... but my 25 year old GE just won't
> give
> out. I think they built them better way back.
>

> ---= BOYCOTT FRANCE (belgium) GERMANY--SPAIN =---
> ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---

Like DVD players soon they will pay you to take them....

;-)

Dimitri

BeeCee

> How important is a turn table?

I know this probably won't help you but is an interesting observation
nonetheless.

In 2002 I had occasion to acquire 2 new microwaves.

One, a Samsung, came with a new travel trailer and the other I had to buy to
replace the one in my kitchen that crapped out.
Turned out only one microwave, a specific GE model, would fit the kitchen
space where the old one came out - unless I bought one of the little dinky
reheater types.

So as it turns out......the Samsung has a turntable but has a definite
hotspot; the GE does not have a turntable and has no noticeable hotspot(s).
I don't know much about the mechanics of microwave ovens but I suspect the
GE may have a device that that rotates the wave generator ??

Anyway ....... it seems the presence of a turntable does not guarantee
performance. If you buy from a reputable dealer you should always be able
to return an unsatisfactory oven.

BeeCee

> How important is a turn table?

I know this probably won't help you but is an interesting observation
nonetheless.

In 2002 I had occasion to acquire 2 new microwaves.

One, a Samsung, came with a new travel trailer and the other I had to buy to
replace the one in my kitchen that crapped out.
Turned out only one microwave, a specific GE model, would fit the kitchen
space where the old one came out - unless I bought one of the little dinky
reheater types.

So as it turns out......the Samsung has a turntable but has a definite
hotspot; the GE does not have a turntable and has no noticeable hotspot(s).
I don't know much about the mechanics of microwave ovens but I suspect the
GE may have a device that that rotates the wave generator ??

Anyway ....... it seems the presence of a turntable does not guarantee
performance. If you buy from a reputable dealer you should always be able
to return an unsatisfactory oven.

Edwin Pawlowski

>> How important is a turn table?

Heating water it makes no difference. Cooking a tray of something, or
heating a lasagna pan, it is helpful. Some brands use other methods to
deflect and even out the waves.

Edwin Pawlowski

>> How important is a turn table?

Heating water it makes no difference. Cooking a tray of something, or
heating a lasagna pan, it is helpful. Some brands use other methods to
deflect and even out the waves.

Vox Humana

"BeeCee" > wrote in message

> > How important is a turn table?

> I know this probably won't help you but is an interesting observation
> nonetheless.
>
> In 2002 I had occasion to acquire 2 new microwaves.
>
> One, a Samsung, came with a new travel trailer and the other I had to buy

> replace the one in my kitchen that crapped out.
> Turned out only one microwave, a specific GE model, would fit the kitchen
> space where the old one came out - unless I bought one of the little dinky
> reheater types.
>
> So as it turns out......the Samsung has a turntable but has a definite
> hotspot; the GE does not have a turntable and has no noticeable

hotspot(s).
> I don't know much about the mechanics of microwave ovens but I suspect the
> GE may have a device that that rotates the wave generator ??
>
> Anyway ....... it seems the presence of a turntable does not guarantee
> performance. If you buy from a reputable dealer you should always be able
> to return an unsatisfactory oven.

I had to replace my GE over-the-range microwave. I got a Sharp
Microwave/convection oven. The new unit has a turntable. The old GE didn't
heat as evenly as the new Sharp oven. I think the turntable is a plus. The
OP can always buy a turntable to use in his new oven.
http://www.happycookers.com/wc.dll/p...ge/1-9505.html

Vox Humana

"BeeCee" > wrote in message

> > How important is a turn table?

> I know this probably won't help you but is an interesting observation
> nonetheless.
>
> In 2002 I had occasion to acquire 2 new microwaves.
>
> One, a Samsung, came with a new travel trailer and the other I had to buy

> replace the one in my kitchen that crapped out.
> Turned out only one microwave, a specific GE model, would fit the kitchen
> space where the old one came out - unless I bought one of the little dinky
> reheater types.
>
> So as it turns out......the Samsung has a turntable but has a definite
> hotspot; the GE does not have a turntable and has no noticeable

hotspot(s).
> I don't know much about the mechanics of microwave ovens but I suspect the
> GE may have a device that that rotates the wave generator ??
>
> Anyway ....... it seems the presence of a turntable does not guarantee
> performance. If you buy from a reputable dealer you should always be able
> to return an unsatisfactory oven.

I had to replace my GE over-the-range microwave. I got a Sharp
Microwave/convection oven. The new unit has a turntable. The old GE didn't
heat as evenly as the new Sharp oven. I think the turntable is a plus. The
OP can always buy a turntable to use in his new oven.
http://www.happycookers.com/wc.dll/p...ge/1-9505.html

Vox Humana

"buildmorelines" > wrote in message
om...
> My microwave shorted and died and will be in the repair show for a
> while. I need another microwave anyways (need 2 at the same time). I
> dont want a $40 toy (600 watt) microwave from wallmart. I want a 1200
> watt or higher (2500 watt would be my functional limit, but even
> higher is ok I guess), and I want a 240v (high voltage) model with a
> home-like feel (telephone style number pad, window in door). I am sick
> of waiting 4-5 mins for a cup of water for tea to boil, I want it done
> in 10-40 secs, plus almost all my recipies and foods and cooking is
> done around a microwave, I rarly use a gas range.
>
> I have looked at the commercial Amanas and Panasonic Commercial
> Microwaves, I can live with them (strange number pad layout, small-ish
> and cube-ish inside), except they dont have a turntable. I dont know
> how important that is, but I've always bought turntable domestic
> microwaves before, and there is uneven cooking when I turn the
> turntable off. So can someone answer my questions.
>
> How important is a turn table?
> Do the high wattage (1600+) commercials need a turn table to cook
> evenly?
> Are there any high wattage commercials that have a turn table?
> Any other recomendations for me?

DCS makes as 1200 watt oven with a turntable:
http://store.yahoo.com/theappliancep...builinmic.html

zxcvbob

BeeCee wrote:

>>How important is a turn table?

> I know this probably won't help you but is an interesting observation
> nonetheless.
>
> In 2002 I had occasion to acquire 2 new microwaves.
>
> One, a Samsung, came with a new travel trailer [snip]

That's just ridiculous. They *gave* you a travel trailer when you
bought a microwave oven?

I'm shopping at the wrong stores.

Bob

zxcvbob

BeeCee wrote:

>>How important is a turn table?

> I know this probably won't help you but is an interesting observation
> nonetheless.
>
> In 2002 I had occasion to acquire 2 new microwaves.
>
> One, a Samsung, came with a new travel trailer [snip]

That's just ridiculous. They *gave* you a travel trailer when you
bought a microwave oven?

I'm shopping at the wrong stores.

Bob
Wayne

Last year we bought a 1350 watt Panasonic "mid-size" unit at WalMart for
around $90. It has a power control feature called "Inverter Turbo" which
controls the cooking by varying the level of output, *not* by cycling on
and off. It cooks quickly and evenly, and it has what I consider
convenient controls. Yes, it also has a turntable.

Panasonic makes several models using this technology. It's explained he

http://www.panasonic.com/consumer_el...rter_story.asp

--
Wayne in Phoenix

unmunge as w-e-b

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.

BeeCee

"zxcvbob" > wrote in message
> BeeCee wrote:
>
> >>How important is a turn table?

> > I know this probably won't help you but is an interesting observation
> > nonetheless.
> >
> > In 2002 I had occasion to acquire 2 new microwaves.
> >
> > One, a Samsung, came with a new travel trailer [snip]

> That's just ridiculous. They *gave* you a travel trailer when you
> bought a microwave oven?

That might explain the $22,000 bill for the microwave - ya think??

BeeCee

Bob (this one)

zxcvbob wrote:

> BeeCee wrote:
>
>>> How important is a turn table?

>> I know this probably won't help you but is an interesting observation
>> nonetheless.
>>
>> In 2002 I had occasion to acquire 2 new microwaves.
>>
>> One, a Samsung, came with a new travel trailer [snip]

> That's just ridiculous. They *gave* you a travel trailer when you
> bought a microwave oven?
>
> I'm shopping at the wrong stores.

Yeah. They lose money on each sale but make up for it in volume.
Sheesh. Anybody knows that.

Pastorio

Bob (this one)

zxcvbob wrote:

> BeeCee wrote:
>
>>> How important is a turn table?

>> I know this probably won't help you but is an interesting observation
>> nonetheless.
>>
>> In 2002 I had occasion to acquire 2 new microwaves.
>>
>> One, a Samsung, came with a new travel trailer [snip]

> That's just ridiculous. They *gave* you a travel trailer when you
> bought a microwave oven?
>
> I'm shopping at the wrong stores.

Yeah. They lose money on each sale but make up for it in volume.
Sheesh. Anybody knows that.

Pastorio

PENMART01

>"BeeCee" writes:
>

>> How important is a turn table?

>I know this probably won't help you but is an interesting observation
>nonetheless.
>
>In 2002 I had occasion to acquire 2 new microwaves.
>
>One, a Samsung, came with a new travel trailer and the other I had to buy to
>replace the one in my kitchen that crapped out.
>Turned out only one microwave, a specific GE model, would fit the kitchen
>space where the old one came out - unless I bought one of the little dinky
>reheater types.
>
>So as it turns out......the Samsung has a turntable but has a definite
>hotspot; the GE does not have a turntable and has no noticeable hotspot(s).
>I don't know much about the mechanics of microwave ovens but I suspect the
>GE may have a device that that rotates the wave generator ??

Yep.

The device that produces microwaves is called a "magnetron". GE microwave
ovens do not incorporate a turntable because their system uses a magnetron with
a rotating magnetic field, very similar to how modern x-ray tubes operate for
achieving a homogeneous beam. I believe GE refers to their method as a
"stirrer", at least they used to. I much prefer GE microwave ovens, the
turntables interfere with the size/configuration of cookware that can be used
and of course contain *dead space*. I can use a glass rectangular caserole
that just barely fits into my GE microwave oven cavity and it cooks perfectly
evenly throughout, right into the very corners... no hot spots, no cold
spots... and no turntable mechanism to bust, and my GE is 25 years old. When
it finally goes, and it doesn't seem to be any time soon, I will get another
GE.

M-W

mag·ne·tron

noun
Etymology: blend of magnet and -tron
Date: 1924
: a diode vacuum tube in which the flow of electrons is controlled by an
externally applied magnetic field to generate power at microwave frequencies
---

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
PENMART01

>"BeeCee" writes:
>

>> How important is a turn table?

>I know this probably won't help you but is an interesting observation
>nonetheless.
>
>In 2002 I had occasion to acquire 2 new microwaves.
>
>One, a Samsung, came with a new travel trailer and the other I had to buy to
>replace the one in my kitchen that crapped out.
>Turned out only one microwave, a specific GE model, would fit the kitchen
>space where the old one came out - unless I bought one of the little dinky
>reheater types.
>
>So as it turns out......the Samsung has a turntable but has a definite
>hotspot; the GE does not have a turntable and has no noticeable hotspot(s).
>I don't know much about the mechanics of microwave ovens but I suspect the
>GE may have a device that that rotates the wave generator ??

Yep.

The device that produces microwaves is called a "magnetron". GE microwave
ovens do not incorporate a turntable because their system uses a magnetron with
a rotating magnetic field, very similar to how modern x-ray tubes operate for
achieving a homogeneous beam. I believe GE refers to their method as a
"stirrer", at least they used to. I much prefer GE microwave ovens, the
turntables interfere with the size/configuration of cookware that can be used
and of course contain *dead space*. I can use a glass rectangular caserole
that just barely fits into my GE microwave oven cavity and it cooks perfectly
evenly throughout, right into the very corners... no hot spots, no cold
spots... and no turntable mechanism to bust, and my GE is 25 years old. When
it finally goes, and it doesn't seem to be any time soon, I will get another
GE.

M-W

mag·ne·tron

noun
Etymology: blend of magnet and -tron

Steve Calvin

PENMART01 wrote:

>>"BeeCee" writes:
>>

>>>How important is a turn table?

>>I know this probably won't help you but is an interesting observation
>>nonetheless.
>>
>>In 2002 I had occasion to acquire 2 new microwaves.
>>
>>One, a Samsung, came with a new travel trailer and the other I had to buy to
>>replace the one in my kitchen that crapped out.
>>Turned out only one microwave, a specific GE model, would fit the kitchen
>>space where the old one came out - unless I bought one of the little dinky
>>reheater types.
>>
>>So as it turns out......the Samsung has a turntable but has a definite
>>hotspot; the GE does not have a turntable and has no noticeable hotspot(s).
>>I don't know much about the mechanics of microwave ovens but I suspect the
>>GE may have a device that that rotates the wave generator ??

> Yep.
>
> The device that produces microwaves is called a "magnetron". GE microwave
> ovens do not incorporate a turntable because their system uses a magnetron with
> a rotating magnetic field, very similar to how modern x-ray tubes operate for

Yup. We have a GE Profile combo micro/convection. No hotspots and no
turntable taking up space on the bottom.

--
Steve

Why don't they make mouse flavored cat food?

Steve Calvin

PENMART01 wrote:

>>"BeeCee" writes:
>>

>>>How important is a turn table?

>>I know this probably won't help you but is an interesting observation
>>nonetheless.
>>
>>In 2002 I had occasion to acquire 2 new microwaves.
>>
>>One, a Samsung, came with a new travel trailer and the other I had to buy to
>>replace the one in my kitchen that crapped out.
>>Turned out only one microwave, a specific GE model, would fit the kitchen
>>space where the old one came out - unless I bought one of the little dinky
>>reheater types.
>>
>>So as it turns out......the Samsung has a turntable but has a definite
>>hotspot; the GE does not have a turntable and has no noticeable hotspot(s).
>>I don't know much about the mechanics of microwave ovens but I suspect the
>>GE may have a device that that rotates the wave generator ??

> Yep.
>
> The device that produces microwaves is called a "magnetron". GE microwave
> ovens do not incorporate a turntable because their system uses a magnetron with
> a rotating magnetic field, very similar to how modern x-ray tubes operate for

Yup. We have a GE Profile combo micro/convection. No hotspots and no
turntable taking up space on the bottom.

--
Steve

Why don't they make mouse flavored cat food?

Vox Humana

"Bob (this one)" > wrote in message
> zxcvbob wrote:

> >> I know this probably won't help you but is an interesting observation
> >> nonetheless.
> >>
> >> In 2002 I had occasion to acquire 2 new microwaves.
> >>
> >> One, a Samsung, came with a new travel trailer [snip]

> > That's just ridiculous. They *gave* you a travel trailer when you
> > bought a microwave oven?
> >
> > I'm shopping at the wrong stores.

> Yeah. They lose money on each sale but make up for it in volume.
> Sheesh. Anybody knows that.

I don't know.......... How may people have room for a travel trailer in
their kitchen?

walamalacalucy

(buildmorelines) wrote in message . com>...
> My microwave shorted and died and will be in the repair show for a
> while. I need another microwave anyways (need 2 at the same time). I
> dont want a $40 toy (600 watt) microwave from wallmart. I want a 1200
> watt or higher (2500 watt would be my functional limit, but even
> higher is ok I guess), and I want a 240v (high voltage) model with a
> home-like feel (telephone style number pad, window in door). I am sick
> of waiting 4-5 mins for a cup of water for tea to boil, I want it done
> in 10-40 secs, plus almost all my recipies and foods and cooking is
> done around a microwave, I rarly use a gas range.
>
> I have looked at the commercial Amanas and Panasonic Commercial
> Microwaves, I can live with them (strange number pad layout, small-ish
> and cube-ish inside), except they dont have a turntable. I dont know
> how important that is, but I've always bought turntable domestic
> microwaves before, and there is uneven cooking when I turn the
> turntable off. So can someone answer my questions.
>
> How important is a turn table?
> Do the high wattage (1600+) commercials need a turn table to cook
> evenly?
> Are there any high wattage commercials that have a turn table?
> Any other recomendations for me?

my very first microwave which lasted almost 20 years (the removal
men dropped it) did not have a turntable but it did have a very large
cavity making it easy to put a large dish of whatever in it, and there
were no cold or hot spots just even distribution all over. underneath
the ceramic base was a "turntable" of sorts, so although not seen
there was one in the machine.Alas i cannot find one like it now so i
have to put up with a much smaller one with a turntable that limits
the size of what i can cook/defrost etc.
walamalacalucy

(buildmorelines) wrote in message . com>...
> My microwave shorted and died and will be in the repair show for a
> while. I need another microwave anyways (need 2 at the same time). I
> dont want a $40 toy (600 watt) microwave from wallmart. I want a 1200
> watt or higher (2500 watt would be my functional limit, but even
> higher is ok I guess), and I want a 240v (high voltage) model with a
> home-like feel (telephone style number pad, window in door). I am sick
> of waiting 4-5 mins for a cup of water for tea to boil, I want it done
> in 10-40 secs, plus almost all my recipies and foods and cooking is
> done around a microwave, I rarly use a gas range.
>
> I have looked at the commercial Amanas and Panasonic Commercial
> Microwaves, I can live with them (strange number pad layout, small-ish
> and cube-ish inside), except they dont have a turntable. I dont know
> how important that is, but I've always bought turntable domestic
> microwaves before, and there is uneven cooking when I turn the
> turntable off. So can someone answer my questions.
>
> How important is a turn table?
> Do the high wattage (1600+) commercials need a turn table to cook
> evenly?
> Are there any high wattage commercials that have a turn table?
> Any other recomendations for me?

my very first microwave which lasted almost 20 years (the removal
men dropped it) did not have a turntable but it did have a very large
cavity making it easy to put a large dish of whatever in it, and there
were no cold or hot spots just even distribution all over. underneath
the ceramic base was a "turntable" of sorts, so although not seen
there was one in the machine.Alas i cannot find one like it now so i
have to put up with a much smaller one with a turntable that limits
the size of what i can cook/defrost etc.
Vox Humana

wrote:

> >I had to replace my GE over-the-range microwave. I got a Sharp
> >Microwave/convection oven. The new unit has a turntable. The old GE

didn't
> >heat as evenly as the new Sharp oven. I think the turntable is a plus.

> Which model? ? I had one of these in the past, but when I needed a

replacement
> couldn't find one. I really liked the convection part.

This is the one I got. It is the best appliance I have ever owned. I
seldom use the oven in my range now that I have this:
http://www.sharpusa.com/products/Mod...58,766,00.html

Vox Humana