Michael Odom

Default Looking for "cooking" book authors/writers

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 15:53:30 -0400, "CNY Latino newspaper"
> wrote:

>Hi:
>
>As the publisher of the only Hispanic oriented newspaper in the Central New
>York area (http://www.CNYLatino.com), and member of the Syracuse Latino
>Caucus, I was asked to be one of the organizers for this year's Hispanic
>Heritage Month's events in Syracuse, New York. The theme for this year will
>be "Hispanic Food", and we are preparing several events that are related or
>have to do with "Latino Cuisine".
>
>Among many other activities we are preparing to celebrate this occasion, we
>are also providing a series of "cooking demonstrations" in downtown
>Syracuse, every Friday during this month (Sept. 17 & 24, and Oct. 1 & 8).
>Five (5) local Hispanic restaurants were invited to provide individual
>presentations of selected Latino dishes, and some other local celebrities
>(including the mayor and other politicians) will be present as part of the
>"demonstrators".
>
>The purpose of this note is to kindly request for a complementary copy (or
>two) of any "cooking" related book you might have available in your
>repertory. I am using this newsgroup to see if I could contact any "cooking
>related" book author, and see if I could obtain a copy of his or her
>publication. As part of the promotion we are doing for the Hispanic Heritage
>Month activities, we would like to "donate" a copy of any of this donated
>material, to a lucky member of the audience. Additionally, if you desire, we
>can also provide with order forms and purchasing information during these
>events, hopefully offering a special (optional) discount, as commemoration
>of the Hispanic Heritage Month. Of course, proper acknowledgement of your
>contribution, and public recognition of your work will be widely and clearly
>announced.
>
>If this contribution is possible, please send offered material to our
>facilities located at:
>
>CNY Latino newspaper
>1529 Woodmancy Road
>Tully, New York 13159-9791
>
>Please, let me know as soon as possible if you could help us with this
>contribution, and with any other "Comida Latina" related assistance.
>
>Sincerely yours;
>

>Hugo Acosta

I wonder if there's anybody here who can comply with this request.
Are there any genuine Latino recipes in the RFC Cook.Book? I don't
recall right now.

modom

"Dallas is a rich man with a death wish in his eyes."
-- Jimmie Dale Gilmore
Michael Odom

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 15:53:30 -0400, "CNY Latino newspaper"
> wrote:

>Hi:
>
>As the publisher of the only Hispanic oriented newspaper in the Central New
>York area (http://www.CNYLatino.com), and member of the Syracuse Latino
>Caucus, I was asked to be one of the organizers for this year's Hispanic
>Heritage Month's events in Syracuse, New York. The theme for this year will
>be "Hispanic Food", and we are preparing several events that are related or
>have to do with "Latino Cuisine".
>
>Among many other activities we are preparing to celebrate this occasion, we
>are also providing a series of "cooking demonstrations" in downtown
>Syracuse, every Friday during this month (Sept. 17 & 24, and Oct. 1 & 8).
>Five (5) local Hispanic restaurants were invited to provide individual
>presentations of selected Latino dishes, and some other local celebrities
>(including the mayor and other politicians) will be present as part of the
>"demonstrators".
>
>The purpose of this note is to kindly request for a complementary copy (or
>two) of any "cooking" related book you might have available in your
>repertory. I am using this newsgroup to see if I could contact any "cooking
>related" book author, and see if I could obtain a copy of his or her
>publication. As part of the promotion we are doing for the Hispanic Heritage
>Month activities, we would like to "donate" a copy of any of this donated
>material, to a lucky member of the audience. Additionally, if you desire, we
>can also provide with order forms and purchasing information during these
>events, hopefully offering a special (optional) discount, as commemoration
>of the Hispanic Heritage Month. Of course, proper acknowledgement of your
>contribution, and public recognition of your work will be widely and clearly
>announced.
>
>If this contribution is possible, please send offered material to our
>facilities located at:
>
>CNY Latino newspaper
>1529 Woodmancy Road
>Tully, New York 13159-9791
>
>Please, let me know as soon as possible if you could help us with this
>contribution, and with any other "Comida Latina" related assistance.
>
>Sincerely yours;
>

>Hugo Acosta

I wonder if there's anybody here who can comply with this request.
Are there any genuine Latino recipes in the RFC Cook.Book? I don't
recall right now.

modom

"Dallas is a rich man with a death wish in his eyes."
-- Jimmie Dale Gilmore

Ping: BBQ spare authors Kent[_5_] Barbecue 2 01-08-2011 06:13 PM
Food Writers Barry(UK) General Cooking 6 26-04-2007 04:03 AM
cooking website seeking writers on a volunteer basis [email protected] Barbecue 0 13-10-2006 10:27 PM
to-day's resurrected past thread authors: Adam Funk Barbecue 0 25-09-2006 09:23 PM
Any book writers..? CNY Latino newspaper Mexican Cooking 0 06-09-2004 08:40 PM