Default Butter-Almond Stollen

We were given a loaf of Butter-Almond Stollen as a Christmas gift from a
very dear German friend. Is this to be eaten "as is," do you put butter on
it or some type of sauce? Thanks for your help.

Roman J. Rohleder

> schrieb:

>We were given a loaf of Butter-Almond Stollen as a Christmas gift from a
>very dear German friend. Is this to be eaten "as is," do you put butter on
>it or some type of sauce? Thanks for your help.

As is, plain with coffee or tea. If it still is too dry and not mellow
enough, put it in a enclosed metal box for another week.

Gruss, Roman
PENMART01

> fgravelle wrote:
>
>We were given a loaf of Butter-Almond Stollen as a Christmas gift from a
>very dear German friend. Is this to be eaten "as is," do you put butter on
>it or some type of sauce? Thanks for your help.

Stollen is generally sliced and eaten as is.... some like the slices slightly
toasted.

http://www.recipecottage.com/german/...n-stollen.html

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

Wayne Boatwright

:

> We were given a loaf of Butter-Almond Stollen as a Christmas gift from
> a very dear German friend. Is this to be eaten "as is," do you put
> butter on it or some type of sauce? Thanks for your help.

Many would eat it "as is" with tea or coffee. Personally, I prefer it
sliced, lightly toasted, and spread lightly with unsalted butter. I
wouldn't add a sauce or cream cheese, or anything else for that matter.

Wayne

Victor Sack

> wrote:

> We were given a loaf of Butter-Almond Stollen as a Christmas gift from a
> very dear German friend. Is this to be eaten "as is," do you put butter on
> it or some type of sauce? Thanks for your help.

Eat your Butter-Mandel-Stollen 'as is', accompanied by coffee, tea or
cocoa.

Victor
Charles Gifford

"Victor Sack" > wrote in message

> > We were given a loaf of Butter-Almond Stollen as a Christmas gift from a
> > very dear German friend. Is this to be eaten "as is," do you put butter

on
> > it or some type of sauce? Thanks for your help.

> Eat your Butter-Mandel-Stollen 'as is', accompanied by coffee, tea or
> cocoa.
>
> Victor

Not good with Schumacher Alt eh?

Charlie

Victor Sack

Charles Gifford > wrote:

> "Victor Sack" > wrote in message
> >
> > Eat your Butter-Mandel-Stollen 'as is', accompanied by coffee, tea or
> > cocoa.

> Not good with Schumacher Alt eh?

Uh, oh... *everything* is good with Schumacher Alt!

Victor