Steve Calvin

Default Now this place serves a *burger*!

I've stopped at this place a few times while traveling through PA.
I've never tried one of their larger burgers but I saw one guy try to
finish the three pounder (unsuccessfully) but never saw anyone try and
tackle the six'er.

http://www.dennysbeerbarrelpub.com/menus.htm

--
Steve

Why don't they make mouse flavored cat food?

John Misrahi

Steve Calvin wrote in message >...
> I've stopped at this place a few times while traveling through PA.
>I've never tried one of their larger burgers but I saw one guy try to
>finish the three pounder (unsuccessfully) but never saw anyone try and
>tackle the six'er.
>
>http://www.dennysbeerbarrelpub.com/menus.htm
>
>--
>Steve

I hope they have a stomach pump and an ambulance out back! I enjoy a good
burger too, but that's just crazy!!

john

John Misrahi

Steve Calvin wrote in message >...
> I've stopped at this place a few times while traveling through PA.
>I've never tried one of their larger burgers but I saw one guy try to
>finish the three pounder (unsuccessfully) but never saw anyone try and
>tackle the six'er.
>
>http://www.dennysbeerbarrelpub.com/menus.htm
>
>--
>Steve

I hope they have a stomach pump and an ambulance out back! I enjoy a good
burger too, but that's just crazy!!

john

The Ranger

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 11:50:48 -0400, Steve Calvin >
wrote:
> I've stopped at this place a few times while
> traveling through PA. I've never tried one of
> their larger burgers but I saw one guy try to
> finish the three pounder (unsuccessfully) but
> never saw anyone try and tackle the six'er.
>
>http://www.dennysbeerbarrelpub.com/menus.htm

I can easily finish off the Challenger and Super Challenger but Ye
Olde 96'er would make even my cavernous gut quake.

I was checking out the menu and saw "celery dressing" (under chicken
wings). What's that?

The Ranger
The Ranger

wrote:
> I've stopped at this place a few times while
> traveling through PA. I've never tried one of
> their larger burgers but I saw one guy try to
> finish the three pounder (unsuccessfully) but
> never saw anyone try and tackle the six'er.
>
>http://www.dennysbeerbarrelpub.com/menus.htm

I can easily finish off the Challenger and Super Challenger but Ye
Olde 96'er would make even my cavernous gut quake.

I was checking out the menu and saw "celery dressing" (under chicken
wings). What's that?

The Ranger

The unsmoker

The Ranger wrote:

> I was checking out the menu and saw "celery dressing" (under chicken
> wings). What's that?

Chicken deodorant? ;-)
The unsmoker

The Ranger wrote:

> I was checking out the menu and saw "celery dressing" (under chicken
> wings). What's that?

Chicken deodorant? ;-)
Steve Calvin

The Ranger wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 11:50:48 -0400, Steve Calvin >
> wrote:
>
>> I've stopped at this place a few times while
>>traveling through PA. I've never tried one of
>>their larger burgers but I saw one guy try to
>>finish the three pounder (unsuccessfully) but
>>never saw anyone try and tackle the six'er.
>>
>>http://www.dennysbeerbarrelpub.com/menus.htm

> I can easily finish off the Challenger and Super Challenger but Ye
> Olde 96'er would make even my cavernous gut quake.
>
> I was checking out the menu and saw "celery dressing" (under chicken
> wings). What's that?
>
> The Ranger

Believe me, that 3 pounder is one hell-ofa-big sandwich. Not only 3
pounds of meat but also a same size roll, onions, cheese, tomato,
ketchup, mustard, mayo, and lettuce. Damned thing probably weighs in
close to 5 pounds total I'd guess and you have to finish it *all*

That poor guy that I saw try it is probably still in pain. ;-)

--
Steve

Love may be blind but marriage is a real eye-opener.

Steve Calvin

The Ranger wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 11:50:48 -0400, Steve Calvin >
> wrote:
>
>> I've stopped at this place a few times while
>>traveling through PA. I've never tried one of
>>their larger burgers but I saw one guy try to
>>finish the three pounder (unsuccessfully) but
>>never saw anyone try and tackle the six'er.
>>
>>http://www.dennysbeerbarrelpub.com/menus.htm

> I can easily finish off the Challenger and Super Challenger but Ye
> Olde 96'er would make even my cavernous gut quake.
>
> I was checking out the menu and saw "celery dressing" (under chicken
> wings). What's that?
>
> The Ranger

Believe me, that 3 pounder is one hell-ofa-big sandwich. Not only 3
pounds of meat but also a same size roll, onions, cheese, tomato,
ketchup, mustard, mayo, and lettuce. Damned thing probably weighs in
close to 5 pounds total I'd guess and you have to finish it *all*

That poor guy that I saw try it is probably still in pain. ;-)

--
Steve

Love may be blind but marriage is a real eye-opener.

J.J.

Our pal Steve Calvin > wrote:

> I've stopped at this place a few times while traveling through PA.
> I've never tried one of their larger burgers but I saw one guy try to
> finish the three pounder (unsuccessfully) but never saw anyone try and
> tackle the six'er.

> http://www.dennysbeerbarrelpub.com/menus.htm

I'm having some trouble accessing their site, but I assume it's
something like this:

http://www.tdn.com/articles/2003/06/...day/news01.txt

We were in Longbeach over the summer, but no one wanted to try to
eat a five pound hamburger...

--
J.J. in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~
"I rule you!" - Travis of the Cosmos, ATHF

J.J.

Our pal Steve Calvin > wrote:

> I've stopped at this place a few times while traveling through PA.
> I've never tried one of their larger burgers but I saw one guy try to
> finish the three pounder (unsuccessfully) but never saw anyone try and
> tackle the six'er.

> http://www.dennysbeerbarrelpub.com/menus.htm

I'm having some trouble accessing their site, but I assume it's
something like this:

http://www.tdn.com/articles/2003/06/...day/news01.txt

We were in Longbeach over the summer, but no one wanted to try to
eat a five pound hamburger...

--
J.J. in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~
"I rule you!" - Travis of the Cosmos, ATHF
(COLD to HOT for e-mail)
zuuum

That's absolutely gag menu merchandising.

"John Misrahi" > wrote in message

> Steve Calvin wrote in message >...
> > I've stopped at this place a few times while traveling through PA.
> >I've never tried one of their larger burgers but I saw one guy try to
> >finish the three pounder (unsuccessfully) but never saw anyone try and
> >tackle the six'er.
> >
> >http://www.dennysbeerbarrelpub.com/menus.htm
> >
> >--
> >Steve

> I hope they have a stomach pump and an ambulance out back! I enjoy a good
> burger too, but that's just crazy!!
>
> john

zuuum

That's absolutely gag menu merchandising.

"John Misrahi" > wrote in message

> Steve Calvin wrote in message >...
> > I've stopped at this place a few times while traveling through PA.
> >I've never tried one of their larger burgers but I saw one guy try to
> >finish the three pounder (unsuccessfully) but never saw anyone try and
> >tackle the six'er.
> >
> >http://www.dennysbeerbarrelpub.com/menus.htm
> >
> >--
> >Steve

> I hope they have a stomach pump and an ambulance out back! I enjoy a good
> burger too, but that's just crazy!!
>
> john

Steve Calvin

The Ranger wrote:

> I was checking out the menu and saw "celery dressing" (under chicken
> wings). What's that?

No clue. Never had it, sorry.

--
Steve

Love may be blind but marriage is a real eye-opener.

Steve Calvin

The Ranger wrote:

> I was checking out the menu and saw "celery dressing" (under chicken
> wings). What's that?

No clue. Never had it, sorry.

--
Steve

Love may be blind but marriage is a real eye-opener.

The Ranger

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 15:35:34 -0400, Steve Calvin
> wrote:
> The Ranger wrote:
> > On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 11:50:48 -0400, Steve Calvin > wrote:
> > > I've stopped at this place a few times while
> > > traveling through PA. I've never tried one of
> > > their larger burgers but I saw one guy try to
> > > finish the three pounder (unsuccessfully) but
> > > never saw anyone try and tackle the six'er.
> > >
> > > http://www.dennysbeerbarrelpub.com/menus.htm
> > >

> > I can easily finish off the Challenger and Super Challenger
> > but Ye Olde 96'er would make even my cavernous gut
> > quake.
> >
> > I was checking out the menu and saw "celery dressing"
> > (under chicken wings). What's that?
> >

> Believe me, that 3 pounder is one hell-ofa-big sandwich.
> Not only 3 pounds of meat but also a same size roll, onions,
> cheese, tomato, ketchup, mustard, mayo, and lettuce.
> Damned thing probably weighs in close to 5 pounds total
> I'd guess and you have to finish it *all*

A restaurant outside PRC[1]'s borders that knows a burger is served
with fixin's?! That's a novelty all by it's lonesome! Bunch'a
know-nothing, hockey-puck chewin', rubes lace all the states in
between!

> That poor guy that I saw try it is probably still in pain. ;-)

They said the same about me the day I ate two McClintock's Troughs.
<shrug>

The Ranger
[1] People's [DemoKratic] Republic of Californicated-a
The Ranger

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 15:35:34 -0400, Steve Calvin
> wrote:
> The Ranger wrote:
> > On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 11:50:48 -0400, Steve Calvin > wrote:
> > > I've stopped at this place a few times while
> > > traveling through PA. I've never tried one of
> > > their larger burgers but I saw one guy try to
> > > finish the three pounder (unsuccessfully) but
> > > never saw anyone try and tackle the six'er.
> > >
> > > http://www.dennysbeerbarrelpub.com/menus.htm
> > >

> > I can easily finish off the Challenger and Super Challenger
> > but Ye Olde 96'er would make even my cavernous gut
> > quake.
> >
> > I was checking out the menu and saw "celery dressing"
> > (under chicken wings). What's that?
> >

> Believe me, that 3 pounder is one hell-ofa-big sandwich.
> Not only 3 pounds of meat but also a same size roll, onions,
> cheese, tomato, ketchup, mustard, mayo, and lettuce.
> Damned thing probably weighs in close to 5 pounds total
> I'd guess and you have to finish it *all*

A restaurant outside PRC[1]'s borders that knows a burger is served
with fixin's?! That's a novelty all by it's lonesome! Bunch'a
know-nothing, hockey-puck chewin', rubes lace all the states in
between!

> That poor guy that I saw try it is probably still in pain. ;-)

They said the same about me the day I ate two McClintock's Troughs.
<shrug>

The Ranger
[1] People's [DemoKratic] Republic of Californicated-a
The Ranger

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 15:35:34 -0400, Steve Calvin
> wrote:
> The Ranger wrote:
> > On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 11:50:48 -0400, Steve Calvin > wrote:
> > > I've stopped at this place a few times while
> > > traveling through PA. I've never tried one of
> > > their larger burgers but I saw one guy try to
> > > finish the three pounder (unsuccessfully) but
> > > never saw anyone try and tackle the six'er.
> > >
> > > http://www.dennysbeerbarrelpub.com/menus.htm
> > >

> > I can easily finish off the Challenger and Super Challenger
> > but Ye Olde 96'er would make even my cavernous gut
> > quake.
> >
> > I was checking out the menu and saw "celery dressing"
> > (under chicken wings). What's that?
> >

> Believe me, that 3 pounder is one hell-ofa-big sandwich.
> Not only 3 pounds of meat but also a same size roll, onions,
> cheese, tomato, ketchup, mustard, mayo, and lettuce.
> Damned thing probably weighs in close to 5 pounds total
> I'd guess and you have to finish it *all*

A restaurant outside PRC[1]'s borders that knows a burger is served
with fixin's?! That's a novelty all by it's lonesome! Bunch'a
know-nothing, hockey-puck chewin', rubes lace all the states in
between!

> That poor guy that I saw try it is probably still in pain. ;-)

They said the same about me the day I ate two McClintock's Troughs.
<shrug>

The Ranger
[1] People's [DemoKratic] Republic of Californicated-a
Steve Calvin

J.J. wrote:

> Our pal Steve Calvin > wrote:
>

>>I've stopped at this place a few times while traveling through PA.
>>I've never tried one of their larger burgers but I saw one guy try to
>>finish the three pounder (unsuccessfully) but never saw anyone try and
>>tackle the six'er.

>>http://www.dennysbeerbarrelpub.com/menus.htm

> I'm having some trouble accessing their site, but I assume it's
> something like this:
>
> http://www.tdn.com/articles/2003/06/...day/news01.txt
>
> We were in Longbeach over the summer, but no one wanted to try to
> eat a five pound hamburger...

Yeah, it looks similar only somewhat larger. I'm having no problem
getting to the link but you have the general idea.

--
Steve

Love may be blind but marriage is a real eye-opener.

Steve Calvin

J.J. wrote:

> Our pal Steve Calvin > wrote:
>

>>I've stopped at this place a few times while traveling through PA.
>>I've never tried one of their larger burgers but I saw one guy try to
>>finish the three pounder (unsuccessfully) but never saw anyone try and
>>tackle the six'er.

>>http://www.dennysbeerbarrelpub.com/menus.htm

> I'm having some trouble accessing their site, but I assume it's
> something like this:
>
> http://www.tdn.com/articles/2003/06/...day/news01.txt
>
> We were in Longbeach over the summer, but no one wanted to try to
> eat a five pound hamburger...

Yeah, it looks similar only somewhat larger. I'm having no problem
getting to the link but you have the general idea.

--
Steve

Love may be blind but marriage is a real eye-opener.

Steve Calvin

J.J. wrote:

> Our pal Steve Calvin > wrote:
>

>>I've stopped at this place a few times while traveling through PA.
>>I've never tried one of their larger burgers but I saw one guy try to
>>finish the three pounder (unsuccessfully) but never saw anyone try and
>>tackle the six'er.

>>http://www.dennysbeerbarrelpub.com/menus.htm

> I'm having some trouble accessing their site, but I assume it's
> something like this:
>
> http://www.tdn.com/articles/2003/06/...day/news01.txt
>
> We were in Longbeach over the summer, but no one wanted to try to
> eat a five pound hamburger...

Yeah, it looks similar only somewhat larger. I'm having no problem
getting to the link but you have the general idea.

--
Steve

Love may be blind but marriage is a real eye-opener.

Steve Calvin

zuuum wrote:

> That's absolutely gag menu merchandising.

They have a "normal" menu as well and the food is actually pretty darn
good. (At least it was the last time I was there)

--
Steve

Love may be blind but marriage is a real eye-opener.

Steve Calvin

zuuum wrote:

> That's absolutely gag menu merchandising.

They have a "normal" menu as well and the food is actually pretty darn
good. (At least it was the last time I was there)

--
Steve

Love may be blind but marriage is a real eye-opener.

Steve Calvin

The Ranger wrote:

> They said the same about me the day I ate two McClintock's Troughs.
> <shrug>
>
> The Ranger
> [1] People's [DemoKratic] Republic of Californicated-a

If you get over this way give a shout, I'll meet ya there just to
watch. ;-)

--
Steve

Love may be blind but marriage is a real eye-opener.

Steve Calvin

The Ranger wrote:

> They said the same about me the day I ate two McClintock's Troughs.
> <shrug>
>
> The Ranger
> [1] People's [DemoKratic] Republic of Californicated-a

If you get over this way give a shout, I'll meet ya there just to
watch. ;-)

--
Steve

Love may be blind but marriage is a real eye-opener.

The Ranger

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 16:22:02 -0400, Steve Calvin
> wrote:
> The Ranger wrote:
> >
> > They said the same about me the day I ate two McClintock's Troughs.
> > <shrug>
> >

> If you get over this way give a shout, I'll meet ya there just to
> watch. ;-)

Count on it. The relatives still make great fun of my gahd-given
ability to pack food away in a leprechauns's body...

The Ranger
The Ranger

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 16:22:02 -0400, Steve Calvin
> wrote:
> The Ranger wrote:
> >
> > They said the same about me the day I ate two McClintock's Troughs.
> > <shrug>
> >

> If you get over this way give a shout, I'll meet ya there just to
> watch. ;-)

Count on it. The relatives still make great fun of my gahd-given
ability to pack food away in a leprechauns's body...

The Ranger
Jack Schidt®

"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
> I've stopped at this place a few times while traveling through PA.
> I've never tried one of their larger burgers but I saw one guy try to
> finish the three pounder (unsuccessfully) but never saw anyone try and
> tackle the six'er.
>
> http://www.dennysbeerbarrelpub.com/menus.htm
>
> --

Damn! I wouldn't have room for beer! Christ, you don't know the meaning of
heartbreak!

Jack Pielsuds

Jack Schidt®

"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
> I've stopped at this place a few times while traveling through PA.
> I've never tried one of their larger burgers but I saw one guy try to
> finish the three pounder (unsuccessfully) but never saw anyone try and
> tackle the six'er.
>
> http://www.dennysbeerbarrelpub.com/menus.htm
>
> --

Damn! I wouldn't have room for beer! Christ, you don't know the meaning of
heartbreak!

Jack Pielsuds

Mark Thorson

Alex Rast wrote:

> Three hour time limit? They're making it too easy. Speaking as one
> who just this Saturday had a 72-oz steak in well under an hour,
> 6 lbs in 3 hours sounds like no problemo.

Holy cow, Alex! Or should that be cows?
Just reading your posting is giving me gout! :-)

What do you do for a living?
Linebacker for the Seattle Seahawks?

Mark Thorson

Alex Rast wrote:

> Three hour time limit? They're making it too easy. Speaking as one
> who just this Saturday had a 72-oz steak in well under an hour,
> 6 lbs in 3 hours sounds like no problemo.

Holy cow, Alex! Or should that be cows?
Just reading your posting is giving me gout! :-)

What do you do for a living?
Linebacker for the Seattle Seahawks?

BJ42

Americana at it's finest !

"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
> I've stopped at this place a few times while traveling through PA.
> I've never tried one of their larger burgers but I saw one guy try to
> finish the three pounder (unsuccessfully) but never saw anyone try and
> tackle the six'er.
>
> http://www.dennysbeerbarrelpub.com/menus.htm
>
> --
> Steve
>
> Why don't they make mouse flavored cat food?

BJ42

Americana at it's finest !

"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
> I've stopped at this place a few times while traveling through PA.
> I've never tried one of their larger burgers but I saw one guy try to
> finish the three pounder (unsuccessfully) but never saw anyone try and
> tackle the six'er.
>
> http://www.dennysbeerbarrelpub.com/menus.htm
>
> --
> Steve
>
> Why don't they make mouse flavored cat food?

All-Bacon Burger Created By SoCal Burger Chain Slater's 50/50 Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds General Cooking 3 09-07-2012 12:33 AM
First Burger Join in Beirut - Lebanon (Classic Burger Joint)www.cbj.me lboodl Restaurants 0 05-04-2010 12:33 PM
World's most expensive ($200) Burger King burger Corey Richardson General Cooking 7 31-07-2008 12:53 PM
Serves him right Beach Runner Vegan 1 12-01-2006 03:54 PM
Chili Pie: Serves 6 Duckie ® Recipes 0 17-03-2004 09:06 PM