Henri De Tolouse-Latrec

Default Brains

I am searching for a good recipe for breaded calf brains.

Now really think about the poor assholes from Fear Factor
that have been eating all those Brains!!!

*.* all the doo da day

Henri De Tolouse-Latrec wrote:

> I am searching for a good recipe for breaded calf brains.
>
> Now really think about the poor assholes from Fear Factor
> that have been eating all those Brains!!!
>
> *.* all the doo da day

One calf brain
one (or two) beaten eggs
milk
bread crumbs
salt and pepper to taste

Remove membrane (pia madre), cube brains in 3/4 to 1 inch cubes. Soak in milk
for about an hour.

Drain well, pat dry. Season egg and bread crumbs very lightly with salt and
pepper. Dip in egg then in bread crumbs then back in egg and bread crumbs.

Fry in a mild flavored oil until the breading gets lightly golden. Drain well.
Serve immediately.

The taste of brains is very delicate. Do not oversalt. You may want to omit
the salt and pepper and leave it to the eater to season at the time of eating.

My mother used to do these whenever she could get a fresh brain. Our butcher
knew to let her know when he was going to butcher a cow. She would buy the
brains plus a cut we knew as "chocozuela" which ended and included the
kneecap. This was in Cuba.

Hmmm... I haven't had it for almost 20 years. It is wonderful.

Bert
pavane

> wrote in message
>
> My mother used to do these whenever she could get a fresh brain.

Yes, mine had similar problems.

pavane