John

Default Saute vs ???

Hi, I have a question about Saute. What is the
difference between sauting on the stove for say
3 minutes pre-side verses cooking 1 minute per-side
and then putting the pan in the oven high heat for 4 minutes for
a piece of steak or chicken for example. Does one do
something different then the other?

I'm new at this. I've tried both and not seen much
of a difference. The only thing I've seen is the sauted
version has more crusty bits and the other has a clean
broiled look.

Thanks,
John
Bob (this one)

John wrote:

> Hi, I have a question about Saute. What is the
> difference between sauting on the stove for say
> 3 minutes pre-side verses cooking 1 minute per-side
> and then putting the pan in the oven high heat for 4 minutes for
> a piece of steak or chicken for example. Does one do
> something different then the other?
>
> I'm new at this. I've tried both and not seen much
> of a difference. The only thing I've seen is the sauted
> version has more crusty bits and the other has a clean
> broiled look.

Seems that you answered the question.

Pastorio

Bob (this one)

John wrote:

> Hi, I have a question about Saute. What is the
> difference between sauting on the stove for say
> 3 minutes pre-side verses cooking 1 minute per-side
> and then putting the pan in the oven high heat for 4 minutes for
> a piece of steak or chicken for example. Does one do
> something different then the other?
>
> I'm new at this. I've tried both and not seen much
> of a difference. The only thing I've seen is the sauted
> version has more crusty bits and the other has a clean
> broiled look.

Seems that you answered the question.

Pastorio

The oven provides even equal heat all around cooking the meat evenly.
Bob
"John" > wrote in message
m...
> Hi, I have a question about Saute. What is the
> difference between sauting on the stove for say
> 3 minutes pre-side verses cooking 1 minute per-side
> and then putting the pan in the oven high heat for 4 minutes for
> a piece of steak or chicken for example. Does one do
> something different then the other?
>
> I'm new at this. I've tried both and not seen much
> of a difference. The only thing I've seen is the sauted
> version has more crusty bits and the other has a clean
> broiled look.
>
> Thanks,
> John

The oven provides even equal heat all around cooking the meat evenly.
Bob
m...