Robin

Default Need recipe for large bag of mixed vegetables

Pot luck dinner tonight - my contribution is the vegetable side dish. I
have a large bag of mixed vegetables from Costco (yellow squash,
carrots, broccoli florets, cauliflower). What somewhat simple but good
and interesting dish can I make with this?

--
"Be kind, because everyone you meet is fighting a desperate battle." Philo of Alexandria. Do not email if posting a response. TO EMAIL, REPLACE X WITH 4
Julia Altshuler

Robin wrote:
> Pot luck dinner tonight - my contribution is the vegetable side dish. I
> have a large bag of mixed vegetables from Costco (yellow squash,
> carrots, broccoli florets, cauliflower). What somewhat simple but good
> and interesting dish can I make with this?

Steam them and drizzle hollandaise on top.

Bake them all into a quiche.

Marinate in olive oil, wine vinegar and Italian herbs.

--Lia

JANIC412

> Pot luck dinner tonight - my contribution is the vegetable side dish. I
> have a large bag of mixed vegetables from Costco (yellow squash,
> carrots, broccoli florets, cauliflower). What somewhat simple but good
> and interesting dish can I make with this?

Here is one that will streach for a crowd, just add the celery and onions:

Curried Vegetables

6 cups of the vegetables you have from the bag (I use fresh cauliflower,
carrots and broccoli)
1 cup sliced celery
1/2 cup chopped onion

Cook all of the vegetables just a few minutes, keep them crispy, then prepare
the sauce.

Sauce
1 can cream of chicken soup (I know)LOL, but this is good.
1/3 cup real mayonnaise
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2-1 tsp. curry powder depending of how much curry you like
1/4 tsp. ground corriander
1/8 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 cup shredded chaddar cheese
1/2 cup bread crumbs
2 TBS. butter, melted

Combine soup and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl, mixing well. Fold in the
cooked vegetables making sure to coat them with the sauce mixture. Spoon into
an oven proof casserole dish. Combine the cheese, bread crumba and butter,
sprinkle over the vegetables. Bake uncovered 350º for 30-35 minutes of until
heated through. Jan