J.J. [aka j*ni]

Default Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay Biscuits

I found this recipe a few weeks ago (probably posted here in
rfc), and made them last night with a roasted chicken:

http://recipes.robbiehaf.com/R/89.htm

Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay Biscuits

Serves : 8
Prep. Time : 0:15

2 cups Bisquick baking mix
2/3 cup milk - low fat okay
1/2 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese - low fat okay
1/4 cup butter OR margarine - melted
1/4 tsp. garlic powder

-Combine Bisquick®, milk, and cheddar and beat with a wooden spoon
for about 30 seconds.
-Spoon on to greased cookie sheet. Smooth tops down with spoon.
-Bake in 450 degree oven for 8-10 minutes.
-Combine butter and garlic powder and pour over hot biscuits.

We liked them quite a bit, and they are a lot like the ones from
Red Lobster, but I thought they were just a bit dry. I'm thinking
about bumping the milk up to 3/4 cup -- thoughts?

I don't normally go for imposter recipes, but the biscuits are
the only thing I liked about Red Lobster...

--
J.J. ~ mom, gamer, novice cook ~
...fish heads, fish heads, eat them up, yum!
Vox Humana

"J.J. [aka j*ni]" > wrote in message
> I found this recipe a few weeks ago (probably posted here in
> rfc), and made them last night with a roasted chicken:
>
> http://recipes.robbiehaf.com/R/89.htm
>
> Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay Biscuits
>
> Serves : 8
> Prep. Time : 0:15
>
> 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
> 2/3 cup milk - low fat okay
> 1/2 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese - low fat okay
> 1/4 cup butter OR margarine - melted
> 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
>
> -Combine Bisquick®, milk, and cheddar and beat with a wooden spoon
> for about 30 seconds.
> -Spoon on to greased cookie sheet. Smooth tops down with spoon.
> -Bake in 450 degree oven for 8-10 minutes.
> -Combine butter and garlic powder and pour over hot biscuits.
>
> We liked them quite a bit, and they are a lot like the ones from
> Red Lobster, but I thought they were just a bit dry. I'm thinking
> about bumping the milk up to 3/4 cup -- thoughts?

I would go with the 3/4 cup of milk. They should be sort of wet after
mixing.

J.J. [aka j*ni]

Hark! I heard "Vox Humana" > say:
> "J.J. [aka j*ni]" > wrote in message

<snip recipe>

> > We liked them quite a bit, and they are a lot like the ones from
> > Red Lobster, but I thought they were just a bit dry. I'm thinking
> > about bumping the milk up to 3/4 cup -- thoughts?

> I would go with the 3/4 cup of milk. They should be sort of wet after
> mixing.

Okay, I'll give that a try next time. Hubby isn't a big biscuit fan,
so I won't be making them often...