FoodBanter.com

-   -   What to eat after oral surgery? (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/1851-what-eat-after-oral.html)

Wayne Boatwright 07-11-2003 06:20 AM

What to eat after oral surgery?

Tomorrow I'm having several teeth extracted, affecting both sides of my
mouth. Apart from the obvious, milk shakes...puddings...soups, etc., what
would be a good choice of foods that don't require much if any chewing?

Recipes welcome, too!

TIA

Wayne

Seth Goodman 07-11-2003 06:24 AM

What to eat after oral surgery?

In article >,
Wayne Boatwright > wrote:

> Tomorrow I'm having several teeth extracted, affecting both sides of my
> mouth. Apart from the obvious, milk shakes...puddings...soups, etc., what
> would be a good choice of foods that don't require much if any chewing?

Pancakes!

--
Seth Goodman

Janet Bostwick 07-11-2003 06:28 AM

What to eat after oral surgery?

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
. ..
> Tomorrow I'm having several teeth extracted, affecting both sides of my
> mouth. Apart from the obvious, milk shakes...puddings...soups, etc., what
> would be a good choice of foods that don't require much if any chewing?
>
> Recipes welcome, too!
>
> TIA
>
> Wayne

Be careful of extremes of temperature--ouchy! Scrambled eggs, oatmeal,
tapioca, rice pilaf.
Janet

ScratchMonkey 07-11-2003 06:56 AM

What to eat after oral surgery?

Wayne Boatwright > wrote in
:

> Tomorrow I'm having several teeth extracted, affecting both sides of
> my mouth. Apart from the obvious, milk shakes...puddings...soups,
> etc., what would be a good choice of foods that don't require much if
> any chewing?

Cottage cheese.
Mac & Cheese (or any pasta dish with no hard ingredients).
PB&J, no crust, soft bread.

[email protected] 07-11-2003 07:16 AM

What to eat after oral surgery?

On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 05:20:15 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>Tomorrow I'm having several teeth extracted, affecting both sides of my
>mouth. Apart from the obvious, milk shakes...puddings...soups, etc., what
>would be a good choice of foods that don't require much if any chewing?
>
>Recipes welcome, too!
>
>TIA
>
>Wayne

Aw jeeze, man, you have my deepest sympathies. As a guy who once
broke a tooth on sushi and who has had four root canals and one
retrofill (I'm a posterboy at the Univ of Pitt dental school), I can
sympathize with your plight.

I made soup for D when oral sugery had her down last time.

Here's one I made up and posted a while back.

>4 medium red potatoes, diced
>3 poblano chiles, seeded, cored, roasted, and diced
>3 shallots, diced
>4-5 cloves garlic, minced
>Chicken stock (enough of it)
>3 tablespoons olive oil (or more)
>1 cup half and half (or more)
>salt and pepper

>In a large pot, sweat the shallots in oil, add the potatoes and cook a
>few minutes, letting some of them just begin to brown. Add the
>garlic, being careful not to burn it. Add chicken stock to the pot
>and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Core the poblanos and
>roast them on a gas burner till the skins char. Put them in a plastic
>bag and let them steam while the potatoes cook. After the peppers
>have cooled, peel off the charred skins and dice. Add them to the
>soup. Check the potatoes for doneness, and add the half and half.
>Return to a simmer. Salt and pepper to taste.

This is another post from my wife's time under the oral surgeon's
knife:

>I made a nice cream of asparagus soup for Donna after her root canal.
>There's no recipe, but it involved poaching aparagus in stock (misc
>veg, as I recall) and blending before adding cream (yogurt would work)
>and some soft blanched asparagus spears for garnish.

Be well. Your mouth heals faster than almost any other part of your
body. Or so I'm told.

modom

Chris Lemon 07-11-2003 08:07 AM

What to eat after oral surgery?

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message

> Tomorrow I'm having several teeth extracted, affecting both sides of
> my mouth. Apart from the obvious, milk shakes...puddings...soups,
> etc., what would be a good choice of foods that don't require much if
> any chewing?

When I had my wisdoms out, I pretty much survived on Nalley's canned Chicken
& Noodle Dinner, augmented with instant mashed potatoes. :) Not food for the
first day (actually the first day you prolly won't want anything remotely
extreme in temperature), but in a day or so you'll be ready.

(I don't wanna hear it, folks. He's gonna be in no shape to cook, and
besides, I _like_ instant potatoes! :))

Do make sure you get a cleaning syringe, though, because amazing amounts of
food get stuck in the little holes that the teeth once occupied...you'll be
cleaning and saying "when did I eat an entire roast beef?" :)
--
Chris Lemon

http://fredsmythe.com
EFNet: FredSmyth

Z GIRL 07-11-2003 12:30 PM

What to eat after oral surgery?

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
. ..
> Tomorrow I'm having several teeth extracted, affecting both sides of my
> mouth. Apart from the obvious, milk shakes...puddings...soups, etc., what
> would be a good choice of foods that don't require much if any chewing?
>
> Recipes welcome, too!
>
> TIA
>
> Wayne

You wont be able to eat the first day. Liquids only and not through a straw
and No smoking, if you smoke. Some food choices are rice, mashed potatoes,
eggs, grits/cream of wheat and of course, Ice cream. Take small bites as
your mouth will be sore. Get a lot of rest after and best wishes to you
Wayne ;-)

peace,
Barbara

PENMART01 07-11-2003 02:54 PM

Wayne Boatwright writes:

>Tomorrow I'm having several teeth extracted, affecting both sides of my
>mouth. Apart from the obvious, milk shakes...puddings...soups, etc., what
>would be a good choice of foods that don't require much if any chewing?

More important than chewing is to refrain from sucking... really, no soda
straws.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

Peter Aitken 07-11-2003 03:29 PM

What to eat after oral surgery?

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
. ..
> Tomorrow I'm having several teeth extracted, affecting both sides of my
> mouth. Apart from the obvious, milk shakes...puddings...soups, etc., what
> would be a good choice of foods that don't require much if any chewing?
>
> Recipes welcome, too!
>
> TIA
>
> Wayne

Have you considered asking your dentist to do one side now and the other
side in a week or 2? In any case, some suggestions:

- Mashed spuds
- Polenta
- Souffles
- Omelets

--
Peter Aitken

A.T. Hagan 07-11-2003 03:36 PM

What to eat after oral surgery?

On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 05:20:15 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>Tomorrow I'm having several teeth extracted, affecting both sides of my
>mouth. Apart from the obvious, milk shakes...puddings...soups, etc., what
>would be a good choice of foods that don't require much if any chewing?
>
>Recipes welcome, too!
>
>TIA
>
>Wayne

Some years ago I had a particularly difficult wisdom tooth extraction.
I probably won't remember everything, but for the week or so it took
to heal up enough to eat solid foods again I ate:

Oatmeal, grits, soups without really large chunky bits, chowders the
same, mashed potatoes, potted meat (the last time I ever ate that),
noodles (swallowed whole), mashed winter squash, thoroughly cooked
summer squash, melted cheese (this one proved difficult), broth, fruit
smoothies with yogurt or powdered milk, yogurt, and kefir.

There's more that I'm sure I'm forgetting it. I used it as an excuse
to try a lot of things.

......Alan.

--
Curiosity killed the cat -
lack of it is killing mankind.

Dimitri 07-11-2003 04:06 PM

What to eat after oral surgery?

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
. ..
> Tomorrow I'm having several teeth extracted, affecting both sides of my
> mouth. Apart from the obvious, milk shakes...puddings...soups, etc., what
> would be a good choice of foods that don't require much if any chewing?
>
> Recipes welcome, too!
>
> TIA
>
> Wayne

Any hearty canned soup you like even the chunky ones - they are so
overcooked all the vegetables turn to mush anyway.

Milk toast
Tea and toast
French Toast - no crust made from thick bread
Scrambled eggs
Cottage cheese
Make tuna or chicken salad in a food processor
Jell-O
Chilled consume with lemon (very nice and semi gelatinous and the cool feels
good)

Good Luck

Dimitri

[email protected] 07-11-2003 04:06 PM

Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
> Tomorrow I'm having several teeth extracted, affecting both sides of my
> mouth. Apart from the obvious, milk shakes...puddings...soups, etc., what
> would be a good choice of foods that don't require much if any chewing?

Eat a hearty meal before the surgery. After I had dental surgery years ago, I found
the best thing was to place a tea bag on my tongue and hold it gently against the
sutures. Tea leaves have a healing property and they help the blood coagulate more
effectively. This idea was given to me by the doctor who did the surgery. Before you
undergo the surgery, you should certainly talk about your dietary needs with the
oral surgeon to see what he or she recommends.

[email protected] 07-11-2003 04:55 PM

wrote:
> Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
>> Tomorrow I'm having several teeth extracted, affecting both sides of my
>> mouth. Apart from the obvious, milk shakes...puddings...soups, etc., what
>> would be a good choice of foods that don't require much if any chewing?

> Eat a hearty meal before the surgery. After I had dental surgery years ago, I found
> the best thing was to place a tea bag on my tongue and hold it gently against the
> sutures. Tea leaves have a healing property and they help the blood coagulate more
> effectively. This idea was given to me by the doctor who did the surgery. Before you
> undergo the surgery, you should certainly talk about your dietary needs with the
> oral surgeon to see what he or she recommends.

Actually, if you're going under anesthesia, eating before surgery is
something your oral surgeon will ask you not to do. Again, talk with
your doctor to see what his or her recommendations are before you
do anything else.

j*ni p. 07-11-2003 06:49 PM

What to eat after oral surgery?

Hark! I heard Wayne Boatwright > say:

> Tomorrow I'm having several teeth extracted, affecting both sides of my
> mouth. Apart from the obvious, milk shakes...puddings...soups, etc., what
> would be a good choice of foods that don't require much if any chewing?

Scrambled eggs!! Hubby had me making them like crazy, it was the
one thing that tasted good to him and was easy to eat. I didn't eat
much the day after I had my wisdom teeth out, as general anesthesia
usually makes me barfy for at 12-24 hours...

--
j*ni p. ~ mom, gamer, novice cook ~
...fish heads, fish heads, eat them up, yum!

PENMART01 07-11-2003 07:09 PM

(j*ni p.) writes:

>Scrambled eggs!! Hubby had me making them like crazy

Whassamatter, he's a cripple, or a friggin' wuss whut can't scramble his own
eggs... spoilt brat, sheesh... hmm, maybe you're the friggin' wuss.

levelwave 07-11-2003 07:34 PM

PENMART01 wrote:

> Whassamatter, he's a cripple, or a friggin' wuss whut can't scramble his own
> eggs... spoilt brat, sheesh... hmm, maybe you're the friggin' wuss.

jealousy

\Jeal"ous*y\, n.; pl. Jealousies. [ F. jalousie. See Jealous, and cf.
Jalousie.] The quality of being jealous; earnest concern or solicitude;
painful apprehension of rivalship in cases nearly affecting one's
happiness;

It's starting to show... more so than you might think...

~john!

PENMART01 07-11-2003 07:50 PM

Jealous of a ****ing wuss... you are one sicko low IQ *******.

levelwave 07-11-2003 08:08 PM

PENMART01 wrote:

> Jealous of a ****ing wuss... you are one sicko low IQ *******.

Jealous only of the fact that she mentioned having a husband... You can
say what you want Sheldon, but I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that
you are lonely... and it angers you...

~john!

ps - you better double check that comma for me...

Amela59 07-11-2003 10:42 PM

What to eat after oral surgery?

Chicken soup with mashed carrots and matzah balls. (I make the kind that
floats, not sinks) The matzah balls make you feel full and nurished as well.
My son lived on that after having 4 impacted wisdom teeth pulled.

A.T. Hagan 07-11-2003 11:05 PM

What to eat after oral surgery?

On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 14:08:00 -0500, levelwave >
wrote:

>PENMART01 wrote:
>
>> Jealous of a ****ing wuss... you are one sicko low IQ *******.

>Jealous only of the fact that she mentioned having a husband... You can
>say what you want Sheldon, but I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that
>you are lonely... and it angers you...
>
>~john!

I think you may be on to something here.

......Alan.

Nexis 07-11-2003 11:09 PM

What to eat after oral surgery?

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
. ..
> Tomorrow I'm having several teeth extracted, affecting both sides of my
> mouth. Apart from the obvious, milk shakes...puddings...soups, etc., what
> would be a good choice of foods that don't require much if any chewing?
>
> Recipes welcome, too!
>
> TIA
>
> Wayne

One day I was at Chuck E Cheese for a birthday party. Someone handed me a
slice of that stuff they refer to as pizza, and, because my bg was running
low, I accepted. I bit into it and began chewing when I felt a sharp pain in
my mouth. There was a piece of metal in the "sausage" and it had broken my
tooth. I went in and had the tooth extracted, along with a coupla wisdom
teeth.
My absolute favorite things to eat afterward?
-Mashed potatoes with gravy (my mom even minced up tiny bits of roast, so I
could have some in the gravy, it was delish!)
-Tapioca
-Mandarin oranges (no chewing necessary, just smash against the roof of your
mouth! lol)
-Chicken soup (I had the broth, and the veggies, very little noodles)
-French Onion soup

A couple of words of advice: Watch out for foods that are too spicy, salty,
hot, cold, or acidic.
Be careful not to get food lodges in those spots where your teeth used to
be.
Take a Motrin 30 min before eating if you're having any pain.

kimberly

Nexis 07-11-2003 11:10 PM

"Z GIRL" > wrote in message

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> . ..
> > Tomorrow I'm having several teeth extracted, affecting both sides of my
> > mouth. Apart from the obvious, milk shakes...puddings...soups, etc.,

what
> > would be a good choice of foods that don't require much if any chewing?
> >
> > Recipes welcome, too!
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Wayne

> You wont be able to eat the first day. Liquids only and not through a

straw
> and No smoking, if you smoke. Some food choices are rice, mashed

potatoes,
> eggs, grits/cream of wheat and of course, Ice cream. Take small bites as
> your mouth will be sore. Get a lot of rest after and best wishes to you
> Wayne ;-)
>
> peace,
> Barbara

One caveat....rice is one food that gets stuck pretty easily where the tooth
used to be, so be careful!

kimberly

Nexis 07-11-2003 11:11 PM

"PENMART01" > wrote in message
> Wayne Boatwright writes:
> >
> >Tomorrow I'm having several teeth extracted, affecting both sides of my
> >mouth. Apart from the obvious, milk shakes...puddings...soups, etc.,

what
> >would be a good choice of foods that don't require much if any chewing?

> More important than chewing is to refrain from sucking... really, no soda
> straws.

I remember them tell me that as well....but why is that?
kimberly

j*ni p. 07-11-2003 11:13 PM

What to eat after oral surgery?

Hark! I heard "Nexis" > say:
> "PENMART01" > wrote in message
> > Wayne Boatwright writes:

> > >Tomorrow I'm having several teeth extracted, affecting both sides of my
> > >mouth. Apart from the obvious, milk shakes...puddings...soups, etc.,

> what
> > >would be a good choice of foods that don't require much if any chewing?

> > More important than chewing is to refrain from sucking... really, no soda
> > straws.

> I remember them tell me that as well....but why is that?
> kimberly

IIRC (it's been a few years), the suction can cause the blood clots
in the empty tooth socket to come out. This causes a condition called
"dry" sockets -- happened to Hubby, mucho pain... :-(

Wayne Boatwright 07-11-2003 11:23 PM

A BIG thank you to you all: was: What to eat after oral surgery?

Well, It's over! Back from the dentist late morning. Into the bed while
still numb and somewhat sedated from Vicodin. Awakened 4 hours later for
another dose of Vicodin. Wow, people must have really suffered without
painkillers! Yes, I know...Vicodin (hydrocodone) is addictive. I have an
intentionally limited supply. <G>

The first day...tepid drinks, broth, liquid Jell-O (ewww) and mild
sal****er solutions. Tomorrow, milkshakes and on to your more liquid and
softer suggestions. That, according to the dentist, for the first 48
hours.

I knew I could count on r.f.c.!!! I now have a long list of great ideas
that you put together for me that I can use for the following days. It's
quite a help, not to mentioin your commiseration!

I hid the straws...thanks to those who mentioned that, as did the dentist.
Any suction increases the possibility of bleeding. Since I'm prone to "dry
socket", the dentist sutured each socked closed and that should help.

Once again, thanks so much. I really appreciate all your help!

Wayne

j*ni p. 07-11-2003 11:36 PM

A BIG thank you to you all: was: What to eat after oral surgery?

Hark! I heard Wayne Boatwright > say:

<snip>

> Once again, thanks so much. I really appreciate all your help!

Hope you're back to eating real foods ASAP!

Nancy Young 07-11-2003 11:41 PM

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> The first day...tepid drinks, broth, liquid Jell-O (ewww) and mild
> sal****er solutions. Tomorrow, milkshakes and on to your more liquid and
> softer suggestions. That, according to the dentist, for the first 48
> hours.

I was thinking you should get some of those Boost or Ensure drinks,
they have more nutrition. I keep them around for breakfast when I
can't face breakfast food but I'm hungry.

nancy

Wayne Boatwright 08-11-2003 12:35 AM

A BIG thank you to you all: was: What to eat after oral surgery?

Nancy Young > wrote in
:

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
>> The first day...tepid drinks, broth, liquid Jell-O (ewww) and mild
>> sal****er solutions. Tomorrow, milkshakes and on to your more liquid
>> and softer suggestions. That, according to the dentist, for the
>> first 48 hours.

> I was thinking you should get some of those Boost or Ensure drinks,
> they have more nutrition. I keep them around for breakfast when I
> can't face breakfast food but I'm hungry.
>
> nancy

Nancy, that's a great idea! At least it's complete nutrition. (Secretly,
I'd much prefer a malt!)

Wayne

Nancy Young 08-11-2003 12:45 AM

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> Nancy Young > wrote in

> > I was thinking you should get some of those Boost or Ensure drinks,
> > they have more nutrition. I keep them around for breakfast when I
> > can't face breakfast food but I'm hungry.

> Nancy, that's a great idea! At least it's complete nutrition. (Secretly,
> I'd much prefer a malt!)

(laugh) Well, I get the Boost High Protein chocolate flavor, and
I have to say, no complaints here, it's not like taking medicine.
Just during your recuperation (and best of luck with that), it
might be a good idea.

nancy

Alex Rast 08-11-2003 12:52 AM

What to eat after oral surgery?

at Fri, 07 Nov 2003 05:20:15 GMT in
(Wayne Boatwright) wrote :

>Tomorrow I'm having several teeth extracted...
>what would be a good choice of foods that don't require much if any
>chewing?

Oxtail soup. Lots of protein (good for gum recovery), very soothing, high
nutritional content.

--
Alex Rast

Wayne Boatwright 08-11-2003 01:04 AM

A BIG thank you to you all: was: What to eat after oral surgery?

Nancy Young > wrote in
:

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>
>> Nancy Young > wrote in

>> > I was thinking you should get some of those Boost or Ensure drinks,
>> > they have more nutrition. I keep them around for breakfast when I
>> > can't face breakfast food but I'm hungry.

>> Nancy, that's a great idea! At least it's complete nutrition.
>> (Secretly, I'd much prefer a malt!)

> (laugh) Well, I get the Boost High Protein chocolate flavor, and
> I have to say, no complaints here, it's not like taking medicine.
> Just during your recuperation (and best of luck with that), it
> might be a good idea.
>
> nancy

Point well taken. I will probably buy something like that tomorrow when I
"shop for my mouth", <G>

Wayne

Wayne Boatwright 08-11-2003 01:04 AM

What to eat after oral surgery?

(Alex Rast) wrote in
:

(Wayne Boatwright) wrote :

>>Tomorrow I'm having several teeth extracted...
>>what would be a good choice of foods that don't require much if any
>>chewing?

> Oxtail soup. Lots of protein (good for gum recovery), very soothing,
> high nutritional content.

Alex, that sounds delicious and I haven't had it in ages. Wish I actually
felt up to making it. Well, maybe on Sunday.

Wayne

Dave Smith 08-11-2003 01:16 AM

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> Alex, that sounds delicious and I haven't had it in ages. Wish I actually
> felt up to making it. Well, maybe on Sunday.

Mmmmm...... Oxtails, one of the great braised treats. Ox Tail stew is one of
the things that my wife is especially god at preparing. When we were first
married (3 decades ago) ox tails were dirt cheap. She used to prepare a batch
of oxtail stew the night before and let them sit (refrigerated) until the next
day and then re-heat them for dinner. They are incredible. Unfortunately, ox
tails like beef short ribs, are now quite expensive per serving, and I find it
hard to spend that kind of money on meat that takes so long to prepare.

Nexis 08-11-2003 01:21 AM

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
> > The first day...tepid drinks, broth, liquid Jell-O (ewww) and mild
> > sal****er solutions. Tomorrow, milkshakes and on to your more liquid

and
> > softer suggestions. That, according to the dentist, for the first 48
> > hours.

> I was thinking you should get some of those Boost or Ensure drinks,
> they have more nutrition. I keep them around for breakfast when I
> can't face breakfast food but I'm hungry.
>
> nancy

What a great idea Nancy...I'm surprised no one else thought of that too! I
can relate to that feeling too...not wanting to face food in the morning.

kimberly

Siobhan Perricone 08-11-2003 01:36 AM

A BIG thank you to you all: was: What to eat after oral surgery?

On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 22:23:14 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>Well, It's over! Back from the dentist late morning. Into the bed while
>still numb and somewhat sedated from Vicodin. Awakened 4 hours later for
>another dose of Vicodin. Wow, people must have really suffered without
>painkillers! Yes, I know...Vicodin (hydrocodone) is addictive. I have an
>intentionally limited supply. <G>

Just remember to eat even if you don't feel like it, sometimes painkillers
can cause nausea if you don't eat while on them. Had that happen to me
after my gall bladder surgery. It's NO FUN. :)

--
Siobhan Perricone
"Who would have thought that a bad Austrian artist who's obsessed with the human physical ideal could assemble such a rabid political following?"

Mpoconnor7 08-11-2003 02:11 AM

What to eat after oral surgery?

When I had my impacted wisdom teeth removed via oral surgery, I was on a diet
of corned beef hash and tuna fish for a week.

Michael O'Connor - Modern Renaissance Man

"The likelihood of one individual being correct increases in a direct
proportion to the intensity with which others try to prove him wrong"
James Mason from the movie "Heaven Can Wait".

Wayne Boatwright 08-11-2003 02:15 AM

A BIG thank you to you all: was: What to eat after oral surgery?

Siobhan Perricone > wrote in
:

> On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 22:23:14 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:
>
>>Well, It's over! Back from the dentist late morning. Into the bed
>>while still numb and somewhat sedated from Vicodin. Awakened 4 hours
>>later for another dose of Vicodin. Wow, people must have really
>>suffered without painkillers! Yes, I know...Vicodin (hydrocodone) is
>>addictive. I have an intentionally limited supply. <G>

> Just remember to eat even if you don't feel like it, sometimes
> painkillers can cause nausea if you don't eat while on them. Had that
> happen to me after my gall bladder surgery. It's NO FUN. :)

Thanks, Siobhan... Very good point. Luckily, medications never seem to
upset my stomach and I will definitely eat if hungry. My only guage is how
much it hurts! <G>

Wayne Boatwright 08-11-2003 02:18 AM

What to eat after oral surgery?

ojunk (Mpoconnor7) wrote in
:

> When I had my impacted wisdom teeth removed via oral surgery, I was on
> a diet of corned beef hash and tuna fish for a week.
>
> Michael O'Connor - Modern Renaissance Man
>
> "The likelihood of one individual being correct increases in a direct
> proportion to the intensity with which others try to prove him wrong"
> James Mason from the movie "Heaven Can Wait".

Wow, Michael... I don't even aspire to food with that much texture. I
think most of what I eat will have to be smooth.

Wayne

Steve Calvin 08-11-2003 02:19 AM

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> ojunk (Mpoconnor7) wrote in
> :
>

>>When I had my impacted wisdom teeth removed via oral surgery, I was on
>>a diet of corned beef hash and tuna fish for a week.
>>
>>Michael O'Connor - Modern Renaissance Man
>>
>>"The likelihood of one individual being correct increases in a direct
>>proportion to the intensity with which others try to prove him wrong"
>>James Mason from the movie "Heaven Can Wait".
>>

> Wow, Michael... I don't even aspire to food with that much texture. I
> think most of what I eat will have to be smooth.
>
> Wayne

I'd highly recommend Chevis (once you get off of the meds). Works
wonders on the leftover pain *plus* it's an antiseptic. ;-)

Just kidding. I'd stick with nancy's idea plus the mashed potatoes,
soups, etc.

Been there, done that. This too shall pass.

--
Steve

If you look like your passport picture, you probably need the trip.

PENMART01 08-11-2003 02:44 AM

http://www.gillettevenus.com/home.asp