j*ni p.

Default A Question for Seattlites

Have any of you ever been to this:

http://seattlecooks.com/

One of my friends wants us to take her there for her birthday, rather
than out for dinner. Looks fun, just curious if maybe anyone had checked
it out before...

--
j*ni p. ~ mom, gamer, novice cook ~
...fish heads, fish heads, eat them up, yum!
Dick Thompson

I went a couple years ago (my son had an exhibit, so we got free tickets).
Lots of exhibits for high-end appliances, cookware, specialty foods and lots
of cooking demonstrations. We went on the last afternoon and gots lots of
items at a huge discount or free. I enjoyed it.
Dick

j*ni p. wrote in message ...
>Have any of you ever been to this:
>
>http://seattlecooks.com/
>
>One of my friends wants us to take her there for her birthday, rather
>than out for dinner. Looks fun, just curious if maybe anyone had checked
>it out before...
>

>--
>j*ni p. ~ mom, gamer, novice cook ~
> ...fish heads, fish heads, eat them up, yum!

alzelt

j*ni p. wrote:

> Have any of you ever been to this:
>
> http://seattlecooks.com/
>
> One of my friends wants us to take her there for her birthday, rather
> than out for dinner. Looks fun, just curious if maybe anyone had checked
> it out before...

This will be the third year that they have held it. We have been to both
previous ones. It is a very good show, and getting better each year.
Stop by Borders books and you can get the tix there. $2 off per tix.

Plenty of top flite chefs demoing, sample goodies, wine tastings, lots
of food booths to buy stuff, along with plenty of info re types of food.
Larry's usually sponsors a section with several booths for them and
their suppliers. Good prices and deals.

I strongly recommned going to it. While there are plenty of snacks to
fill up your friend, not the same as out to dinner. Why not go to the
show (at the Convention Center) and then take her to Le Pichet for dinner.
--
Alan

"If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion, and
avoid the people, you might better stay home."
--James Michener

j*ni p.

Hark! I heard alzelt > say:
> j*ni p. wrote:
>
> > Have any of you ever been to this:
> >
> > http://seattlecooks.com/
> >
> > One of my friends wants us to take her there for her birthday, rather
> > than out for dinner. Looks fun, just curious if maybe anyone had checked
> > it out before...

<snip>

> Plenty of top flite chefs demoing, sample goodies, wine tastings, lots
> of food booths to buy stuff, along with plenty of info re types of food.
> Larry's usually sponsors a section with several booths for them and
> their suppliers. Good prices and deals.

Sounds great, looks like we'll be going on the 15th. Thanks for the
experienced info, Alan -- I had a feeling you'd probably been there.

> I strongly recommned going to it. While there are plenty of snacks to
> fill up your friend, not the same as out to dinner. Why not go to the
> show (at the Convention Center) and then take her to Le Pichet for dinner.

I'd never heard of Le Pichet, so I Googled and checked it out he

http://seattle.citysearch.com/profile/11349353/

It sounds lovely. I'll suggest it to the others, but one of our party
is a single mom on a tight budget, so we may just stick to the show
and maybe a cheap bite afterward if anyone is still hungry. I'd offer
to treat, but that would hurt her feelings.

OTOH, I think I know where Hubby will be taking me on our next trip
to the big city... ;-)

--
j*ni p. ~ mom, gamer, novice cook ~
...fish heads, fish heads, eat them up, yum!
j.j.

Default Seattle Cooks Show (Was A Question for Seattlites)

Hark! I heard (hey, that's me!) say:

> Have any of you ever been to this:

http://seattlecooks.com/

> One of my friends wants us to take her there for her birthday, rather
> than out for dinner. Looks fun, just curious if maybe anyone had checked
> it out before...

I should have followed up to this last week, but I got busy and
forgot. Anyway, my two friends and I did go, and we had a *great*
time! So many different tastes -- it was amazing! I got to try two
things I'd never had befo black truffle (in oil form, dribbled
over a creamy soup. It was pretty strong and kept repeating on me,
not so good) and saffron (in a nice sauce over beef cubes, yum!).
I'm usually not brave enough to experiment, so having small bits
of new things to try was great for me. We're definitely going
again next year...

--
j.j. ~ mom, gamer, novice cook ~
...fish heads, fish heads, eat them up, yum!

levelwave

j.j. wrote:

> black truffle

So what exactly does a Truffle taste like anyway?... Was it Mushroomy?...

~john!

....bananas always come back to say hello

Cindy Fuller

In article >,
(j.j.) wrote:

> Hark! I heard
(hey, that's me!) say:

> > Have any of you ever been to this:

http://seattlecooks.com/

> > One of my friends wants us to take her there for her birthday, rather
> > than out for dinner. Looks fun, just curious if maybe anyone had checked
> > it out before...

> I should have followed up to this last week, but I got busy and
> forgot. Anyway, my two friends and I did go, and we had a *great*
> time! So many different tastes -- it was amazing! I got to try two
> things I'd never had befo black truffle (in oil form, dribbled
> over a creamy soup. It was pretty strong and kept repeating on me,
> not so good) and saffron (in a nice sauce over beef cubes, yum!).
> I'm usually not brave enough to experiment, so having small bits
> of new things to try was great for me. We're definitely going
> again next year...

As SO said on seattle.eats, we were underwhelmed. Did the show really
need 3 stalls hawking Wearever "waterless" cookware? Some of the
samples were pretty tasty, but we'll pass next year. I can't justify
paying $12 a head plus parking to go.

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Change the sprinkle to a spring to email me
j.j.

Hark! I heard Cindy Fuller > say:
> In article >,
> (j.j.) wrote:

http://seattlecooks.com/

<snip>

> > Anyway, my two friends and I did go, and we had a *great*
> > time! So many different tastes -- it was amazing! I got to try two
> > things I'd never had befo black truffle (in oil form, dribbled
> > over a creamy soup. It was pretty strong and kept repeating on me,
> > not so good) and saffron (in a nice sauce over beef cubes, yum!).
> > I'm usually not brave enough to experiment, so having small bits
> > of new things to try was great for me. We're definitely going
> > again next year...

> As SO said on seattle.eats, we were underwhelmed.

I don't read seattle.eats; no reason, just trying to keep my Usenet
time down. Anyway, I'm sorry you guys didn't have a good time.

> Did the show really
> need 3 stalls hawking Wearever "waterless" cookware?

Were there 3? I only saw 2, and I thought *that* was overkill.

> Some of the
> samples were pretty tasty, but we'll pass next year. I can't justify
> paying $12 a head plus parking to go.

I guess the price didn't bother me so much because it was a gift for
a friend, and we also got free tickets to the "Christmas in Seattle"
show next door, which saved us $8.00 each.

One thing I did forget about was the traffic jam afterward! I used
to live and work in Seattle, so it didn't stress me out, but my friends
were *very* glad I was driving...

--
j.j. ~ mom, gamer, novice cook ~
...fish heads, fish heads, eat them up, yum!