Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Pointed cabbage with butter beans and yellow bell pepper

Mats:

Water
Butter beans
Yellow bell pepper
Pointed cabbage
Heavy Cream (btw when I say heavy cream it is pure, organic, and not
ultra pasteurized, and no, Im not leftwing, I just like quality)
Oil/butter

Procedu

Soak the butter beans over night. (btw my butter beans are dried, not
canned)
Boil them 45 mins-1h.
Meanwhile (in the bat cave) slice your beloved pointed cabbage.
And the pretty yellow bell peppers... extra fine...

Heat your oil/butter in teh deep sautee pan with lid (or alu foil).
Add the cabbage...

When it is starting to take color, add water, not too much.. put on
the lid...
Now the beans are close to tender... check it please..

When the the water is almost gone, strain the water from the beans,
pour them into the cabbage along with the yellow bell pepper. Lid!
F**k! The cream, too.

Where were I? oh yeah, after 5-10 mins it is done, use that time to
fry your steak, chicken breast, pork chop, redfish fillet or whatever,
and enjoy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael Nielsen wrote:
> Mats:
>
> Water
> Butter beans
> Yellow bell pepper
> Pointed cabbage
> Heavy Cream (btw when I say heavy cream it is pure, organic, and not
> ultra pasteurized, and no, Im not leftwing, I just like quality)
> Oil/butter
>
> Procedu
>
> Soak the butter beans over night. (btw my butter beans are dried, not
> canned)
> Boil them 45 mins-1h.
> Meanwhile (in the bat cave) slice your beloved pointed cabbage.
> And the pretty yellow bell peppers... extra fine...
>
> Heat your oil/butter in teh deep sautee pan with lid (or alu foil).
> Add the cabbage...
>
> When it is starting to take color, add water, not too much.. put on
> the lid...
> Now the beans are close to tender... check it please..
>
> When the the water is almost gone, strain the water from the beans,
> pour them into the cabbage along with the yellow bell pepper. Lid!
> F**k! The cream, too.
>
> Where were I? oh yeah, after 5-10 mins it is done, use that time to
> fry your steak, chicken breast, pork chop, redfish fillet or whatever,
> and enjoy

Thanks for the recipe. I had lunch with my Mom on Friday, and we had
butter beans. They were fresh picked from the garden and she had just
shelled them. I never had butter beans with cabbage, peppers and cream
before. Sounds interesting.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael Nielsen wrote:
> Mats:
>
> Water
> Butter beans
> Yellow bell pepper
> Pointed cabbage

Okay, I give up. What is pointed cabbage?

Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 28, 11:32*am, Kate Connally > wrote:
> Michael Nielsen wrote:
> > Mats:

> > Water
> > Butter beans
> > Yellow bell pepper
> > Pointed cabbage

> Okay, I give up. *What is pointed cabbage?
>
> Kate

Believe it or not but there is a thing called "Google" and it really
does work.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chemo the Clown wrote:
> On Oct 28, 11:32 am, Kate Connally > wrote:
>> Michael Nielsen wrote:
>>> Mats:
>>> Water
>>> Butter beans
>>> Yellow bell pepper
>>> Pointed cabbage

>> Okay, I give up. What is pointed cabbage?
>>
>> Kate

> Believe it or not but there is a thing called "Google" and it really
> does work.

Wow! I had no idea! I thought it was just a myth!
Are you sure?

Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 14:34:24 -0400, Kate Connally wrote:

> Chemo the Clown wrote:
>>> Okay, I give up. What is pointed cabbage?
>>>
>>> Kate

>> Believe it or not but there is a thing called "Google" and it really
>> does work.

> Wow! I had no idea! I thought it was just a myth!
> Are you sure?
>
> Kate

it sure does!

<http://tinyurl.com/ybxtku9>