Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default pumpkins

We went to the pumpkin patch at a local church today. Max and Whit
needed some small pumpkins to take to school. We were planning on
coming back another day to choose big carving pumpkins for our house.
This pumpkin patch had some unusual, beautiful pumpkins. I was
intrigued by some colors and shapes that I had never seen before. We
had to buy a big white pumpkin covered with a lacy orange design. I
don't think we will carve it; we'll just leave it out for a harvest
decoration. They also had white pumpkins and dark gray pumpkins
which looked blue in the sunlight. I have never seen gourds with such
beautiful colors and shapes.

We still need to go back for big orange carving pumpkins. I am
thinking about what to do with some white and gray pumpkins -- maybe
paint them or cut some round windows in the flesh and light them with
white Christmas lights.

Tara