FoodBanter.com

-   -   If I don't wake up tomorrow (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/174249-if-i-dont-wake.html)

Felice 07-07-2009 12:59 AM

If I don't wake up tomorrow

it will have been worth it.

Chunked leftover spoonbread in a wide soup bowl, shredded leftover fried
chicken on top of that, and then a gravy of frying pan drippings and
scrapings and a combination of homemade chicken stock and half-and-half.

It was a truly disgusting thing to do and I offer no apologies.

Felice

Jean B.[_1_] 07-07-2009 01:22 AM

If I don't wake up tomorrow

Felice wrote:
> it will have been worth it.
>
> Chunked leftover spoonbread in a wide soup bowl, shredded leftover fried
> chicken on top of that, and then a gravy of frying pan drippings and
> scrapings and a combination of homemade chicken stock and half-and-half.
>
> It was a truly disgusting thing to do and I offer no apologies.
>
> Felice

LOL! One has to do such things occasionally. Maybe not good for
one's body, but good for one's soul. My daughter is going away
for a week. I am plotting and planning. She thinks she will
control me from afar--and has written a lengthy list, mostly of
what I should not eat!

--
Jean B.

Gloria P 07-07-2009 01:25 AM

If I don't wake up tomorrow

Felice wrote:
> it will have been worth it.
>
> Chunked leftover spoonbread in a wide soup bowl, shredded leftover fried
> chicken on top of that, and then a gravy of frying pan drippings and
> scrapings and a combination of homemade chicken stock and half-and-half.
>
> It was a truly disgusting thing to do and I offer no apologies.

Delicious, huh?

gloria p

PeterL[_17_] 07-07-2009 01:36 AM

If I don't wake up tomorrow

"Felice" > wrote in -
september.org:

> it will have been worth it.
>
> Chunked leftover spoonbread in a wide soup bowl, shredded leftover fried
> chicken on top of that, and then a gravy of frying pan drippings and
> scrapings and a combination of homemade chicken stock and half-and-half.
>
> It was a truly disgusting thing to do and I offer no apologies.
>
> Felice

Well, it is a full moon at the moment ;-P

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

"As viscous as motor oil swirled in a swamp, redolent of burnt bell peppers
nested in by incontinent mice and a finish reminiscent of the dregs of a
stale can of Coca-Cola that someone has been using as an ashtray. Not a bad
drink, though."
Excerpt from "The Moose Turd Wine Tasting" by T. A. Nonymous

Melba's Jammin' 07-07-2009 03:42 AM

If I don't wake up tomorrow

In article >,
"Felice" > wrote:

> it will have been worth it.
>
> Chunked leftover spoonbread in a wide soup bowl, shredded leftover fried
> chicken on top of that, and then a gravy of frying pan drippings and
> scrapings and a combination of homemade chicken stock and half-and-half.
>
> It was a truly disgusting thing to do and I offer no apologies.
>
> Felice

Go, Fleece!!

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller - good news 4-6-2009

blake murphy[_2_] 07-07-2009 07:25 PM

If I don't wake up tomorrow

On Mon, 6 Jul 2009 19:59:50 -0400, Felice wrote:

> it will have been worth it.
>
> Chunked leftover spoonbread in a wide soup bowl, shredded leftover fried
> chicken on top of that, and then a gravy of frying pan drippings and
> scrapings and a combination of homemade chicken stock and half-and-half.
>
> It was a truly disgusting thing to do and I offer no apologies.
>
> Felice

offering no apologies can be the key to a long and happy life.

your pal,
blake

James Silverton[_2_] 07-07-2009 07:33 PM

If I don't wake up tomorrow

blake wrote on Tue, 07 Jul 2009 18:25:16 GMT:

>> it will have been worth it.
>>
>> Chunked leftover spoonbread in a wide soup bowl, shredded
>> leftover fried chicken on top of that, and then a gravy of
>> frying pan drippings and scrapings and a combination of
>> homemade chicken stock and half-and-half.
>>
>> It was a truly disgusting thing to do and I offer no
>> apologies.
>>
>> Felice

> offering no apologies can be the key to a long and happy life.

On the other hand Blake, aoplogizing afterwards is easier than asking
for permission :-)

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

blake murphy[_2_] 07-07-2009 07:37 PM

If I don't wake up tomorrow

On Mon, 06 Jul 2009 20:22:05 -0400, Jean B. wrote:

> Felice wrote:
>> it will have been worth it.
>>
>> Chunked leftover spoonbread in a wide soup bowl, shredded leftover fried
>> chicken on top of that, and then a gravy of frying pan drippings and
>> scrapings and a combination of homemade chicken stock and half-and-half.
>>
>> It was a truly disgusting thing to do and I offer no apologies.
>>
>> Felice
>>

> LOL! One has to do such things occasionally. Maybe not good for
> one's body, but good for one's soul. My daughter is going away
> for a week. I am plotting and planning. She thinks she will
> control me from afar--and has written a lengthy list, mostly of
> what I should not eat!

i thought mothers were the ones who tried to control their daughters. (of
course the success rate there is notably low as well, thank god.)

your pal,
blake

cybercat 07-07-2009 08:00 PM

If I don't wake up tomorrow

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 6 Jul 2009 19:59:50 -0400, Felice wrote:
>
>> it will have been worth it.
>>
>> Chunked leftover spoonbread in a wide soup bowl, shredded leftover fried
>> chicken on top of that, and then a gravy of frying pan drippings and
>> scrapings and a combination of homemade chicken stock and half-and-half.
>>
>> It was a truly disgusting thing to do and I offer no apologies.
>>
>> Felice

> offering no apologies can be the key to a long and happy life.

oh yeah

Felice 07-07-2009 09:07 PM

If I don't wake up tomorrow

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 6 Jul 2009 19:59:50 -0400, Felice wrote:
>
>> it will have been worth it.
>>
>> Chunked leftover spoonbread in a wide soup bowl, shredded leftover fried
>> chicken on top of that, and then a gravy of frying pan drippings and
>> scrapings and a combination of homemade chicken stock and half-and-half.
>>
>> It was a truly disgusting thing to do and I offer no apologies.
>>
>> Felice

> offering no apologies can be the key to a long and happy life.
>
> your pal,
> blake

Good thinking, BTW, I did wake up this morning.

Felice

Felice 07-07-2009 09:08 PM

If I don't wake up tomorrow

"James Silverton" > wrote in message
> blake wrote on Tue, 07 Jul 2009 18:25:16 GMT:
>
>>> it will have been worth it.
>>>
>>> Chunked leftover spoonbread in a wide soup bowl, shredded
>>> leftover fried chicken on top of that, and then a gravy of
>>> frying pan drippings and scrapings and a combination of
>>> homemade chicken stock and half-and-half.
>>>
>>> It was a truly disgusting thing to do and I offer no
>>> apologies.
>>>
>>> Felice

>> offering no apologies can be the key to a long and happy life.

> On the other hand Blake, aoplogizing afterwards is easier than asking for
> permission :-)

And some of us choose to do neither!

Felice

maxine 07-07-2009 09:48 PM

If I don't wake up tomorrow

On Jul 6, 7:59*pm, "Felice" > wrote:
> it will have been worth it.
>
> Chunked leftover spoonbread in a wide soup bowl, shredded leftover fried
> chicken on top of that, and then a gravy of frying pan drippings and
> scrapings and a combination of homemade chicken stock and half-and-half.
>
> It was a truly disgusting thing to do and I offer no apologies.
>
> Felice

One needs to cater to one's tastebuds now and then. Otherwise, they
complain and insist you eat really evil stuff.

maxine in ri

maxine 07-07-2009 09:50 PM

If I don't wake up tomorrow

On Jul 7, 2:37*pm, blake murphy > wrote:
> On Mon, 06 Jul 2009 20:22:05 -0400, Jean B. wrote:
> > Felice wrote:
> >> it will have been worth it.

> >> Chunked leftover spoonbread in a wide soup bowl, shredded leftover fried
> >> chicken on top of that, and then a gravy of frying pan drippings and
> >> scrapings and a combination of homemade chicken stock and half-and-half.

> >> It was a truly disgusting thing to do and I offer no apologies.

> >> Felice

> > LOL! *One has to do such things occasionally. *Maybe not good for
> > one's body, but good for one's soul. *My daughter is going away
> > for a week. *I am plotting and planning. *She thinks she will
> > control me from afar--and has written a lengthy list, mostly of
> > what I should not eat!

> i thought mothers were the ones who tried to control their daughters. *(of
> course the success rate there is notably low as well, thank god.)
>
> your pal,
> blake

You've never had a daughter. Or a teen. They would be thrilled if
they could convince the parental units to dress in burkas and put duct
tape over their mouths and plug up their ears.

'rents are sooooo embarrassing!
;-)
maxine in ri

merryb 07-07-2009 09:51 PM

If I don't wake up tomorrow

On Jul 6, 4:59*pm, "Felice" > wrote:
> it will have been worth it.
>
> Chunked leftover spoonbread in a wide soup bowl, shredded leftover fried
> chicken on top of that, and then a gravy of frying pan drippings and
> scrapings and a combination of homemade chicken stock and half-and-half.
>
> It was a truly disgusting thing to do and I offer no apologies.
>
> Felice

Don't feel too bad- one of my Mom's favorite dishes is chicken &
dumplings, with noodles added and served over mashed potatoes!

cybercat 07-07-2009 10:04 PM

If I don't wake up tomorrow

"Felice" > wrote in message

>>> offering no apologies can be the key to a long and happy life.

>> On the other hand Blake, aoplogizing afterwards is easier than asking for
>> permission :-)

> And some of us choose to do neither!

Yes!

blake murphy[_2_] 08-07-2009 04:44 PM

If I don't wake up tomorrow

On Tue, 07 Jul 2009 18:33:01 GMT, James Silverton wrote:

> blake wrote on Tue, 07 Jul 2009 18:25:16 GMT:
>
>>> it will have been worth it.
>>>
>>> Chunked leftover spoonbread in a wide soup bowl, shredded
>>> leftover fried chicken on top of that, and then a gravy of
>>> frying pan drippings and scrapings and a combination of
>>> homemade chicken stock and half-and-half.
>>>
>>> It was a truly disgusting thing to do and I offer no
>>> apologies.
>>>
>>> Felice

>> offering no apologies can be the key to a long and happy life.

> On the other hand Blake, aoplogizing afterwards is easier than asking
> for permission :-)

you devious *******!

your pal,
blake

blake murphy[_2_] 08-07-2009 04:47 PM

If I don't wake up tomorrow

On Tue, 7 Jul 2009 13:48:12 -0700 (PDT), maxine wrote:

> On Jul 6, 7:59*pm, "Felice" > wrote:
>> it will have been worth it.
>>
>> Chunked leftover spoonbread in a wide soup bowl, shredded leftover fried
>> chicken on top of that, and then a gravy of frying pan drippings and
>> scrapings and a combination of homemade chicken stock and half-and-half.
>>
>> It was a truly disgusting thing to do and I offer no apologies.
>>
>> Felice

> One needs to cater to one's tastebuds now and then. Otherwise, they
> complain and insist you eat really evil stuff.
>
> maxine in ri

or worse, get angry drop out of your head completely.

your pal,
blake