Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Eggplant

I have a bunch of mushy eggplant that we froze from last years crop.
Any ideas on what I can make with it? Soup? I can't seem to find much.
Thanks
MJ
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
>I have a bunch of mushy eggplant that we froze from last years crop.
> Any ideas on what I can make with it? Soup? I can't seem to find much.

Don't freeze eggplant! Toss this stuff and get some fresh.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

George Shirley wrote:

> Personally I've never been able to freeze just eggplant without it
> degrading badly when thawed. I have successfully frozen moussaka,
> ratatouille, and caponata and thawed with good success.

See <http://www.uga.edu/nchfp/how/freeze/eggplant.html>

Victor
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Victor Sack wrote:
> George Shirley wrote:
>
>> Personally I've never been able to freeze just eggplant without it
>> degrading badly when thawed. I have successfully frozen moussaka,
>> ratatouille, and caponata and thawed with good success.

> See <http://www.uga.edu/nchfp/how/freeze/eggplant.html>
>
> Victor

Been there, done that, they still come from the freezer mushy and not so
tasty.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
>I have a bunch of mushy eggplant that we froze from last years crop.
> Any ideas on what I can make with it? Soup? I can't seem to find much.

Puree with EVOO, put in fancy schmancy little jars, and market it as an
edible bust enhancing creme.

I bet it can be used for an eggplant caponata.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 18, 2:22*pm, "brooklyn1" > wrote:
> > wrote in message

> >I have a bunch of mushy eggplant that we froze from last years crop.
> > Any ideas on what I can make with it? Soup? I can't seem to find much.

> Puree with EVOO, put in fancy schmancy little jars, and market it as an
> edible bust enhancing creme.
>
> I bet it can be used for an eggplant caponata.

To all of you that honestly tried to be helpful, thank you. Enough
said.
MJ
Posted to rec.food.cooking

MJ wrote:

> I have a bunch of mushy eggplant that we froze from last years crop.
> Any ideas on what I can make with it? Soup? I can't seem to find much.
> Thanks

As already mentioned, it would be fine for baba ghanoush. I made an
eggplant-cinnamon ice cream for Memorial Day in which the eggplant was
puréed; mushy eggplant would be fine for that as well.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 18:24:12 -0700, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:

>I made an
>eggplant-cinnamon ice cream for Memorial Day in which the eggplant was
>puréed; mushy eggplant would be fine for that as well.

OK, you win! Now you have to post the recipe.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lin Lin is offline

sf wrote:

> OK, you win! Now you have to post the recipe.

It was dee-lish. You never would have guessed it had eggplant in it.

--Lin
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 23:28:10 -0700, Lin >
wrote:

>sf wrote:
>
>> OK, you win! Now you have to post the recipe.

>It was dee-lish. You never would have guessed it had eggplant in it.

Combining dinner and dessert is a real time saver too! LOL