Posted to rec.food.cooking

Posted to rec.food.cooking

too many violin players. I really hate
violins.)

Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default "From the Top" at Carnegie Hall

On Jun 15, 12:53*pm, Kate Connally > wrote:

> I catch this show from time to time.
> It's really good. *(Except when there's
> too many violin players. *I really hate
> violins.)
>
> Kate

I hate clowns that play violins.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kate Connally" > wrote in message

> I catch this show from time to time.
> It's really good. (Except when there's
> too many violin players. I really hate
> violins.)
>
> Kate

If I had any musical talent or ability, the violin would be my instrument of
choice. It can have such a sweet sound and can be gentle, subtle, vibrant,
exciting. Sometimes all of those and more in one piece.

From the Top is a fun show. Good to see some of the young talent.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 16:55:36 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski" >
wrote:

>"Kate Connally" > wrote in message
>>
>> I catch this show from time to time.
>> It's really good. (Except when there's
>> too many violin players. I really hate
>> violins.)
>>
>> Kate

>If I had any musical talent or ability, the violin would be my instrument of
>choice. It can have such a sweet sound and can be gentle, subtle, vibrant,
>exciting. Sometimes all of those and more in one piece.
>
>From the Top is a fun show. Good to see some of the young talent.

I am always happy to hear it on the radio- Saturday morning. The kids
are so earnest but you know they are very special. I think the MC is
very good and probably makes the radio show, for me.

I too love the violin and combined with the piano, I am a really happy
listener. (I have our Honolulu NPR streaming as I type. Life is too
good!)

aloha,
Cea

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chemo the Clown wrote:
> On Jun 15, 12:53 pm, Kate Connally > wrote:
>
>> I catch this show from time to time.
>> It's really good. (Except when there's
>> too many violin players. I really hate
>> violins.)
>>
>> Kate

> I hate clowns that play violins.

Don't take this personally but I really hate clowns, also.
Clowns, violins, violin-playing clowns, clown-playing violins.
And sometimes I'm not all that fond of the cello.

Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> "Kate Connally" > wrote in message
>> I catch this show from time to time.
>> It's really good. (Except when there's
>> too many violin players. I really hate
>> violins.)
>>
>> Kate

> If I had any musical talent or ability, the violin would be my instrument of
> choice.

Mine if the piano. I play it but not very well. But it's my
favorite instrument. Chopin is my favorite composer.

> It can have such a sweet sound and can be gentle, subtle, vibrant,
> exciting. Sometimes all of those and more in one piece.

Well, it *can* be that, but rarely is in my experience. It's
okay in an orchestra, but violin solos can be horribly screechy
things, and usually are. I have heard violin solos that were
pretty nice, but the vast majority make me want to pierce my
eardrums, although if I turned up the sound and listened long
enough I'm sure they would do it for me! ;-) I have a very low
tolerance for high pitched sounds. I about go berserk when I'm
behind a bus and they have those screechy brakes. It sounds like
a mad violinist plays a Stravinsky violin solo! ;-)