FoodBanter.com

-   -   Carambola/"star fruit" should be avoided by people suffering kidneyproblems (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/173419-carambola-star-fruit-should.html)

zeez[_2_] 11-06-2009 08:47 PM

Carambola/"star fruit" should be avoided by people suffering kidneyproblems

http://www.snopes.com/food/warnings/starfruit.asp

A Mate 14-06-2009 07:09 AM

Carambola/"star fruit" should be avoided by people suffering kidney problems

Bloody Hell! It's true - partially. Pity - I rather liked them.

The Real Bev[_3_] 14-06-2009 10:08 PM

A Mate wrote:

> Bloody Hell! It's true - partially. Pity - I rather liked them.

I bought one once. Decorative and about as flavorful as kiwi, which is also
decorative.

--
Cheers, Bev
"We're so far beyond ****ed we couldn't even catch a bus