Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Braised Chicken and Bok Choy

Braised Chicken and Bok Choy

2 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 cup chicken, stock
2 lb. skinless chicken, thighs, or, drumsticks
1 tbsp granulated sugar
1/4 cup soya sauce
3 green onion, thinly, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
6 thin slices gingerroot, or, 1/4 tsp, ground, ginger
1/4 tsp cinnamon
pinch each ground cloves, and, pepper
6 cups coarsely chopped bok choy, (6 to 8 stalks bok choy), or, baby, bok choy,
about 1 lb
2 tsp cornstarch

Directions:

1. In shallow Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken, in batches
if necessary. Spoon off fat.
2. Add stock, soy sauce, sugar, two-thirds of the onions, the garlic, ginger,
cinnamon, cloves and pepper; bring to boil. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat
for 25 minutes or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced.
3. Increase heat to high and return chicken mixture to boil. Stir in bok choy; cook for
2 minutes. Dissolve cornstarch in 2 tsp water; add to pan and cook, stirring, for 1
minute or until thickened and bok choy is tender-crisp. Serve sprinkled with remaining
green onions.

--

The beet goes on -Alan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 19, 1:15*pm, hahabogus > wrote:
> Braised Chicken and Bok Choy
>
> * * *2 tbsp vegetable oil
> * * *1/2 cup chicken, stock
> * * *2 lb. skinless chicken, thighs, or, drumsticks
> * * *1 tbsp granulated sugar
> * * *1/4 cup soya sauce
> * * *3 green onion, thinly, sliced
> * * *2 cloves garlic, minced
> * * *6 thin slices gingerroot, or, 1/4 tsp, ground, ginger
> * * *1/4 tsp cinnamon
> * * *pinch each ground cloves, and, pepper
> * * *6 cups coarsely chopped bok choy, (6 to 8 stalks bok choy), or, baby, bok choy,
> about 1 lb
> * * *2 tsp cornstarch
>
> Directions:
>
> * *1. In shallow Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken, in batches
> if necessary. Spoon off fat.
> * *2. Add stock, soy sauce, sugar, two-thirds of the onions, the garlic, ginger,
> cinnamon, cloves and pepper; bring to boil. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat
> for 25 minutes or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced.
> * *3. Increase heat to high and return chicken mixture to boil. Stir in bok choy; cook for
> 2 minutes. Dissolve cornstarch in 2 tsp water; add to pan and cook, stirring, for 1
> minute or until thickened and bok choy is tender-crisp. Serve sprinkled with remaining
> green onions.
>
> --
>
> The beet goes on

Ugh beets

On the other hand this recipe looks rather good. Thanks
John Kane Kingston ON Canada
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
hahabogus > wrote:

> Braised Chicken and Bok Choy
>
> 2 tbsp vegetable oil
> 1/2 cup chicken, stock
> 2 lb. skinless chicken, thighs, or, drumsticks
> 1 tbsp granulated sugar
> 1/4 cup soya sauce
> 3 green onion, thinly, sliced
> 2 cloves garlic, minced
> 6 thin slices gingerroot, or, 1/4 tsp, ground, ginger
> 1/4 tsp cinnamon
> pinch each ground cloves, and, pepper
> 6 cups coarsely chopped bok choy, (6 to 8 stalks bok choy), or, baby,
> bok choy,
> about 1 lb
> 2 tsp cornstarch
>

> Directions:
>

> 1. In shallow Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken,
> in batches
> if necessary. Spoon off fat.
> 2. Add stock, soy sauce, sugar, two-thirds of the onions, the garlic,
> ginger,
> cinnamon, cloves and pepper; bring to boil. Cover and simmer over medium-low
> heat
> for 25 minutes or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced.
> 3. Increase heat to high and return chicken mixture to boil. Stir in bok
> choy; cook for
> 2 minutes. Dissolve cornstarch in 2 tsp water; add to pan and cook, stirring,
> for 1
> minute or until thickened and bok choy is tender-crisp. Serve sprinkled with
> remaining
> green onions.

Nice recipe.

Can I post it on the new Yahoogroups list? Pretty please?
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.

Beer Braised Chicken Joseph Littleshoes General Cooking 1 17-05-2006 01:23 AM
REC: CHICKEN, SHIITAKE AND BOK CHOY SOUP Jennifer Diabetic 0 05-04-2006 02:10 AM
Chicken Braised in Beer Tim Recipes 0 09-08-2005 10:49 PM
Braised Chicken Tim Recipes 0 24-03-2005 12:32 PM