Posted to uk.food+drink.misc,rec.food.cooking

Default USA v GB foods - Swine flu

On Tue, 5 May 2009 15:16:04 -0700 (PDT), Giusi > wrote:

>Tonight we are celebrating Cinco di Mayo with Mexican food.

Hopefully you'll be celibrating with Mexican flu next week.

Posted to uk.food+drink.misc,rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 06 May 2009 14:40:55 +0100, Randolph Finlayson
> wrote:

>On Tue, 5 May 2009 15:16:04 -0700 (PDT), Giusi > wrote:
>
>>Tonight we are celebrating Cinco di Mayo with Mexican food.

>Hopefully you'll be celibrating with Mexican flu next week.

Actually the average American and Canadian don't really have to worry
much about the Mexican flu. Because we are generally vaccinated for
everything, we usually get over it in a few days, where the Mexicans
because of their poor health care become extremely sick, anumber die
( usually the very young, the aged or infirmed) .
Posted to uk.food+drink.misc,rec.food.cooking

On May 6, 9:40 am, Randolph Finlayson > wrote:
> On Tue, 5 May 2009 15:16:04 -0700 (PDT), Giusi > wrote:
> >Tonight we are celebrating Cinco di Mayo with Mexican food.

> Hopefully you'll be celibrating with Mexican flu next week.

How kind of you to be concerned.
Posted to uk.food+drink.misc,rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 6 May 2009 07:31:54 -0700 (PDT), Giusi
> wrote:

>On May 6, 9:40 am, Randolph Finlayson > wrote:
>> On Tue, 5 May 2009 15:16:04 -0700 (PDT), Giusi > wrote:
>> >Tonight we are celebrating Cinco di Mayo with Mexican food.

>> Hopefully you'll be celibrating with Mexican flu next week.

>How kind of you to be concerned.

Why reply? It's one of Mike Reid's sockpuppets probably.

Posted to uk.food+drink.misc,rec.food.cooking

In message
>,
Giusi > writes
>On May 6, 9:40 am, Randolph Finlayson > wrote:
>> On Tue, 5 May 2009 15:16:04 -0700 (PDT), Giusi
> wrote:
>> >Tonight we are celebrating Cinco di Mayo with Mexican food.

>> Hopefully you'll be celibrating with Mexican flu next week.

>How kind of you to be concerned.

Ah! I see what you mean. It is a troll. If you don't get its posts,
or at present as you are on Google, if you don't take the trouble to
reply, it may just get bored and go away.
--
June Hughes
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Randolph Finlayson" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 5 May 2009 15:16:04 -0700 (PDT), Giusi >
> wrote:
>
>>Tonight we are celebrating Cinco di Mayo with Mexican food.

> Hopefully you'll be celibrating with Mexican flu next week.

First of all, stop cross-posting bullshit. "Swine Flu" is no different from
any other mutating strain of flu. Good lord, we haven't been able to
vaccinate against a shifting virus, ever, which is why flu shots are so
inneffective. Every year there is a different strain of flu. What's the
big fugging deal about "swine flu"? Media madness, that's what. And it's
not spread by eating pork or from eating vegetables imported from Mexico.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"jmcquown" > wrote:

> "Randolph Finlayson" > wrote in message
> > On Tue, 5 May 2009 15:16:04 -0700 (PDT), Giusi >
> > wrote:
> >
> >>Tonight we are celebrating Cinco di Mayo with Mexican food.

> > Hopefully you'll be celibrating with Mexican flu next week.
> >

> First of all, stop cross-posting bullshit. "Swine Flu" is no different from
> any other mutating strain of flu. Good lord, we haven't been able to
> vaccinate against a shifting virus, ever, which is why flu shots are so
> inneffective. Every year there is a different strain of flu. What's the
> big fugging deal about "swine flu"? Media madness, that's what. And it's
> not spread by eating pork or from eating vegetables imported from Mexico.
>
> Jill

The most sensible post I've seen on this subject yet. Well done Jill. :-)
<applause>

Closing the schools around here did an IMMENSE amount of damage,
especially since the day cares followed suit. It directly affected my
own workplace.
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"jmcquown" > wrote:

> "Randolph Finlayson" > wrote in message

[garbage snipped]

> First of all, stop cross-posting bullshit.

Excellent idea.

> "Swine Flu" is no different from
> any other mutating strain of flu.

I don't think that's known at this time. There is significant concern
by the people in charge of worrying about this, that it might turn out
to be something different. It could be a major problem. Since they
don't know yet, it might just fizzle out.

http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/general_info.htm

> Good lord, we haven't been able to
> vaccinate against a shifting virus, ever, which is why flu shots are so
> inneffective. Every year there is a different strain of flu.

There are two kinds of flu, A and B. The annual flu shot protects
against both of them. However, they both mutate, and the vaccine has to
be produced so far in advance, that they often guess wrong on what is
going to spread.

> What's the
> big fugging deal about "swine flu"? Media madness, that's what. And it's
> not spread by eating pork or from eating vegetables imported from Mexico.

At first I thought it was "media madness" also. I'm not so sure now.
Still, it may turn out to be a false alarm. Although it is called
"swine" flu, you can only get it from a living pig that currently has
the flu, and not from eating pork, as you say. Most people will get it
from other people who are sick.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Swine flu [email protected] General Cooking 20 30-05-2009 12:39 AM
Swine flu captain! General Cooking 6 15-05-2009 01:43 AM
Swine flu nospam[_4_] General Cooking 0 01-05-2009 10:29 AM
Swine flu Ed Pawlowski General Cooking 2 01-05-2009 06:41 AM
*Swine Flu* Frank Myers General Cooking 2 27-04-2009 02:32 PM