Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Red Meat Consumption vs. White Meat Consumption

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 13:25:25 -0700 (PDT), Dave >
wrote:

>There are several mechanisms by which meat may be associated with
>death, the authors note. Cancer-causing compounds are formed during
>high-temperature cooking of meat. Meat also is a major source of
>saturated fat, which has been associated with breast and colorectal
>cancer. In addition, lower meat intake has been linked to a reduction
>in risk factors for heart disease, including lower blood pressure and
>cholesterol levels.

Or it could be that those who choose to eat more white meat are more
health-conscientious and take better care of themselves in other
aspects of life and that's why they live longer.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 23, 4:04*pm, brushfire > wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 13:25:25 -0700 (PDT), Dave >
> wrote:
>
> >There are several mechanisms by which meat may be associated with
> >death, the authors note. Cancer-causing compounds are formed during
> >high-temperature cooking of meat. Meat also is a major source of
> >saturated fat, which has been associated with breast and colorectal
> >cancer. In addition, lower meat intake has been linked to a reduction
> >in risk factors for heart disease, including lower blood pressure and
> >cholesterol levels.

> Or it could be that those who choose to eat more white meat are more
> health-conscientious and take better care of themselves in other
> aspects of life and that's why they live longer.

That's the best explanation I've seen yet for that difference. Those
who are eating turkey burgers are generally much more receptive to
healthy-habits than their red meat counterparts. Good thinkin'
Brushfire!

D.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave" > wrote in message
On Mar 23, 4:04 pm, brushfire > wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 13:25:25 -0700 (PDT), Dave >
> wrote:
>
> >There are several mechanisms by which meat may be associated with
> >death, the authors note. Cancer-causing compounds are formed during
> >high-temperature cooking of meat. Meat also is a major source of
> >saturated fat, which has been associated with breast and colorectal
> >cancer. In addition, lower meat intake has been linked to a reduction
> >in risk factors for heart disease, including lower blood pressure and
> >cholesterol levels.

> Or it could be that those who choose to eat more white meat are more
> health-conscientious and take better care of themselves in other
> aspects of life and that's why they live longer.

That's the best explanation I've seen yet for that difference. Those
who are eating turkey burgers are generally much more receptive to
healthy-habits than their red meat counterparts. Good thinkin'
Brushfire!

D.

But!...................

If I gotta eat that tasteless shit in order to live longer, I think I would
rather die a little sooner and enjoy my life.

Go suck on your worthless blog.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pugsley > wrote:

> If I gotta eat that tasteless shit in order to live longer, I think I would
> rather die a little sooner and enjoy my life.
>
> Go suck on your worthless blog.

My sentiments exactly. I'll die of "natural causes" sooner than
most, I'd bet. But at least I'm eating good!

Where you been, BOB?

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave the blogspot spammer wrote:

> On Mar 23, 4:04 pm, brushfire > wrote:
> >
> > Or it could be that those who choose to eat more white meat are more
> > health-conscientious and take better care of themselves in other
> > aspects of life and that's why they live longer.

> That's the best explanation I've seen yet for that difference. Those
> who are eating turkey burgers are generally much more receptive to
> healthy-habits than their red meat counterparts. Good thinkin'
> Brushfire!

To you, but that's because you're a spammer with very little
understanding of nutrition or health issues. To you, health
and nutrition are just a drum to beat to drive traffic to your
commercial blogspot web site. A much more likely explanation
is that very few poultry products are cured with nitrates or
nitrites. Most of cured meats are red meat or predominately
red meat. Cured meats produce N-nitroso compounds such as
nitrosamines and nitrosamides which are powerful carcinogens.
Formerly, it was thought that high-temperature cooking was
necessary to form these compounds in cured meat, but now it's
known they will form when the meat enters the intestines no
matter how the meat was cooked.