FoodBanter.com

-   -   Top Secret Recipes and More! (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/166768-top-secret-recipes-more.html)

Sqwertz 11-01-2009 05:23 PM

Top Secret Recipes and More!

I thought I was paying a spammer $19.95 for these recipes, but they
charged my credit card for $1,995.00. So to get even, I'm sharing
them with the world for free(*).

http://sqwertzme.googlepages.com/home

Thai Recipes by Nick and Jun and Komal (these were free).

http://sqwertzme.googlepages.com/thaifood

The USDA Meat Specifications Manual:

http://sqwertzme.googlepages.com/usdaimps

Just some pages I forgot I had and can never remember where
I put them.

(*) Ask me about the Neiman-Markus cookie recipe!

-sw

Damsel in dis Dress[_6_] 11-01-2009 05:45 PM

Top Secret Recipes and More!

On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 10:23:26 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>I thought I was paying a spammer $19.95 for these recipes, but they
>charged my credit card for $1,995.00. So to get even, I'm sharing
>them with the world for free(*).
>
>http://sqwertzme.googlepages.com/home
>
>Thai Recipes by Nick and Jun and Komal (these were free).
>
>http://sqwertzme.googlepages.com/thaifood
>
>The USDA Meat Specifications Manual:
>
>http://sqwertzme.googlepages.com/usdaimps
>
>Just some pages I forgot I had and can never remember where
>I put them.
>
>(*) Ask me about the Neiman-Markus cookie recipe!

ROFLMAO!

Ophelia[_1_] 11-01-2009 05:46 PM

Top Secret Recipes and More!

Sqwertz wrote:
> I thought I was paying a spammer $19.95 for these recipes, but they
> charged my credit card for $1,995.00. So to get even, I'm sharing
> them with the world for free(*).
>
> http://sqwertzme.googlepages.com/home
>
> Thai Recipes by Nick and Jun and Komal (these were free).
>
> http://sqwertzme.googlepages.com/thaifood
>
> The USDA Meat Specifications Manual:
>
> http://sqwertzme.googlepages.com/usdaimps
>
> Just some pages I forgot I had and can never remember where
> I put them.
>
> (*) Ask me about the Neiman-Markus cookie recipe!

<G>

Dimitri 11-01-2009 07:47 PM

Top Secret Recipes and More!

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message

> The USDA Meat Specifications Manual:
>
> http://sqwertzme.googlepages.com/usdaimps

Don't forget to point out the number for the PRIME RIB Genius!

Dimitri

Sqwertz 11-01-2009 08:23 PM

Top Secret Recipes and More!

Dimitri > wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>>
>> The USDA Meat Specifications Manual:
>>
>> http://sqwertzme.googlepages.com/usdaimps

> Don't forget to point out the number for the PRIME RIB Genius!

109A. Heck, I've got that tattooed on my back just below my
shoulder blade.

Are you still mad because a dozen of us "ganged up" on you to prove
that "Prime Rib" does not mean it's USDA Prime? Even Sheldon agreed
you were wrong - and that's pretty bad when you know less than
Sheldon.

I know being wrong is a tough pill for you to swallow - It's called
narcissism. Deal with it.

-sw

Lynn from Fargo 11-01-2009 09:34 PM

Top Secret Recipes and More!

On Jan 11, 10:23*am, Sqwertz > wrote:
> I thought I was paying a spammer $19.95 for these recipes, but they
> charged my credit card for $1,995.00. *So to get even, I'm sharing
> them with the world for free(*).
>
> http://sqwertzme.googlepages.com/home
>
> Thai Recipes by Nick and Jun and Komal (these were free).
>
> http://sqwertzme.googlepages.com/thaifood
>
> The USDA Meat Specifications Manual:
>
> http://sqwertzme.googlepages.com/usdaimps
>
> Just some pages I forgot I had and can never remember where
> I put them.
>
> (*) Ask me about the Neiman-Markus cookie recipe!
>
> -sw

The Neiman-Marcus cookie story is an Urban Legend as is the Red Velvet
cake There IS a Red Velvet cake and it does contain an entire bottle
of red food coloring, but the story about the recipe costing a small
fortune is not true.
Lynn in Fargo
Those who will not stand up for something will fall for anything.

Kathleen[_4_] 11-01-2009 09:43 PM

Top Secret Recipes and More!

Lynn from Fargo wrote:

> The Neiman-Marcus cookie story is an Urban Legend as is the Red Velvet
> cake There IS a Red Velvet cake and it does contain an entire bottle
> of red food coloring, but the story about the recipe costing a small
> fortune is not true.

Golly! For real?

James Silverton[_2_] 11-01-2009 09:50 PM

Top Secret Recipes and More!

Kathleen wrote on Sun, 11 Jan 2009 14:43:02 -0600:

>> The Neiman-Marcus cookie story is an Urban Legend as is the
>> Red Velvet cake There IS a Red Velvet cake and it does
>> contain an entire bottle of red food coloring, but the story about
>> the recipe costing a small fortune is not true.

>Golly! For real?

You know, if Dante had thought about it, he'd have had a place in the
Inferno for debunkers of good apocryphal stories :-)

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Default User 11-01-2009 11:43 PM

Top Secret Recipes and More!

Lynn from Fargo wrote:

> On Jan 11, 10:23*am, Sqwertz > wrote:
> > I thought I was paying a spammer $19.95 for these recipes, but they
> > charged my credit card for $1,995.00. *So to get even, I'm sharing
> > them with the world for free(*).

> > (*) Ask me about the Neiman-Markus cookie recipe!

> The Neiman-Marcus cookie story is an Urban Legend as is the Red Velvet
> cake There IS a Red Velvet cake and it does contain an entire bottle
> of red food coloring, but the story about the recipe costing a small
> fortune is not true.

What! Really?!

Next you're going to say that Wertz didn't get charged $1995 for
recipes and made up this whole thing as a joke!!!!111

Brian

won't shut up.

merryb 12-01-2009 01:19 AM

Top Secret Recipes and More!

On Jan 11, 2:43*pm, "Default User" > wrote:
> Lynn from Fargo wrote:
> > On Jan 11, 10:23*am, Sqwertz > wrote:
> > > I thought I was paying a spammer $19.95 for these recipes, but they
> > > charged my credit card for $1,995.00. *So to get even, I'm sharing
> > > them with the world for free(*).
> > > (*) Ask me about the Neiman-Markus cookie recipe!

> > The Neiman-Marcus cookie story is an Urban Legend as is the Red Velvet
> > cake There IS a Red Velvet cake and it does contain an entire bottle
> > of red food coloring, but the story about the recipe costing a small
> > fortune is not true.

> What! Really?!
>
> Next you're going to say that Wertz didn't get charged $1995 for
> recipes and made up this whole thing as a joke!!!!111
>
> Brian
>
> --
> If televison's a babysitter, the Internet is a drunk librarian who
> won't shut up.
> -- Dorothy Gambrell (http://catandgirl.com)

Hey, I thought if it was the Internet, it was true...isn't there some
kind of rule to stop this ****ery?

Melba's Jammin' 12-01-2009 05:43 PM

Top Secret Recipes and More!

In article
Lynn from Fargo > wrote:

> On Jan 11, 10:23*am, Sqwertz > wrote:
>
> > (*) Ask me about the Neiman-Markus cookie recipe!
> >
> > -sw

> The Neiman-Marcus cookie story is an Urban Legend as is the Red Velvet
> cake There IS a Red Velvet cake and it does contain an entire bottle
> of red food coloring, but the story about the recipe costing a small
> fortune is not true.
> Lynn in Fargo
> Those who will not stand up for something will fall for anything.

Steve knows that, Lynn. He was funnin' us. :-) The little rascal!
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
<http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/amytaylor>

Kathleen[_4_] 12-01-2009 06:37 PM

Top Secret Recipes and More!

James Silverton wrote:

> Kathleen wrote on Sun, 11 Jan 2009 14:43:02 -0600:
>
>>> The Neiman-Marcus cookie story is an Urban Legend as is the
>>> Red Velvet cake There IS a Red Velvet cake and it does
>>> contain an entire bottle of red food coloring, but the story about
>>> the recipe costing a small fortune is not true.

>> Golly! For real?

> You know, if Dante had thought about it, he'd have had a place in the
> Inferno for debunkers of good apocryphal stories :-)

I used to work with a gal who believed every dumbassed urban legend
she'd ever heard. She came in all hot under the collar one morning and
announced that she'd just dumped every container of cleaning product in
her home down the drain because they said on Oprah that Proctor and
Gamble promoted satanism. And she had typed up a petition that she
wanted everybody to sign to boycott the company.

I asked her if she'd seen that episode of Oprah. (I knew she hadn't
because we'd have both been at work during its air time)

"Well, no, but my neighbor did and she told me about it."

"Huh. *She* saw it, or somebody told her about it?"

"Um. I'm not sure."

"When was this?"

"Just last week! The guy, the president of the company, said he could
do anything he wanted and people would just keep buying his stuff.
Well, I'm sure not!"

"You know, I read the paper. I read it every single day, you've seen me
on break and at lunch, right?"

"Yeah..."

"Well, it seems to me that something like that would be considered kinda
newsworthy..."

"Werrlll, no, maybe not."

"Margie. It makes the paper when Oprah changes her hairstyle."

"Ohhh, you just think you're soooo smart!"

"You bring me anything in writing that confirms this rumor and I will
pucker up and kiss your big white ass in front of the whole department."

"Well, I just will. You wait and see. You're gonna be sorry."

"How much do you figure it's going to cost to replace the dish soap,
bleach, laundry detergent, dishwasher detergent and fabric softener you
poured down the drain? Puts kind of a big ding in the old weekly
budget, I'd imagine. I bet Chip is going to be thrilled."

And I actually was sorry. Baiting morons is no sport at all, like
shooting fish in a barrel.

Virginia Tadrzynski 12-01-2009 07:03 PM

Top Secret Recipes and More!

"Kathleen" > wrote in message
> James Silverton wrote:

>>> Golly! For real?

>> You know, if Dante had thought about it, he'd have had a place in the
>> Inferno for debunkers of good apocryphal stories :-)
>>

> I used to work with a gal who believed every dumbassed urban legend she'd
> ever heard. She came in all hot under the collar one morning and
> announced that she'd just dumped every container of cleaning product in
> her home down the drain because they said on Oprah that Proctor and Gamble
> promoted satanism. And she had typed up a petition that she wanted
> everybody to sign to boycott the company.
>
> I asked her if she'd seen that episode of Oprah. (I knew she hadn't
> because we'd have both been at work during its air time)
>
> "Well, no, but my neighbor did and she told me about it."
>
> "Huh. *She* saw it, or somebody told her about it?"
>
> "Um. I'm not sure."
>
> "When was this?"
>
> "Just last week! The guy, the president of the company, said he could do
> anything he wanted and people would just keep buying his stuff. Well, I'm
> sure not!"
>
> "You know, I read the paper. I read it every single day, you've seen me
> on break and at lunch, right?"
>
> "Yeah..."
>
> "Well, it seems to me that something like that would be considered kinda
> newsworthy..."
>
> "Werrlll, no, maybe not."
>
> "Margie. It makes the paper when Oprah changes her hairstyle."
>
> "Ohhh, you just think you're soooo smart!"
>
> "You bring me anything in writing that confirms this rumor and I will
> pucker up and kiss your big white ass in front of the whole department."
>
> "Well, I just will. You wait and see. You're gonna be sorry."
>
> "How much do you figure it's going to cost to replace the dish soap,
> bleach, laundry detergent, dishwasher detergent and fabric softener you
> poured down the drain? Puts kind of a big ding in the old weekly budget,
> I'd imagine. I bet Chip is going to be thrilled."
>
> And I actually was sorry. Baiting morons is no sport at all, like
> shooting fish in a barrel.

But is it SOOOOOO MUCH FUN!
-ginny
(who has in the past and currently works with a fine crop of morons).......

Omelet[_7_] 12-01-2009 07:26 PM

Top Secret Recipes and More!

In article >,
Kathleen > wrote:

<snipped hilarious story for space>

> "How much do you figure it's going to cost to replace the dish soap,
> bleach, laundry detergent, dishwasher detergent and fabric softener you
> poured down the drain? Puts kind of a big ding in the old weekly
> budget, I'd imagine. I bet Chip is going to be thrilled."
>
> And I actually was sorry. Baiting morons is no sport at all, like
> shooting fish in a barrel.

Having a battle of wits with an unarmed person is so unfair. <giggles>
--
Peace! Om

"Any ship can be a minesweeper. Once." -- Anonymous

Dan Abel 12-01-2009 08:14 PM

Top Secret Recipes and More!

In article >,
Kathleen > wrote:

> I used to work with a gal who believed every dumbassed urban legend
> she'd ever heard. She came in all hot under the collar one morning and
> announced that she'd just dumped every container of cleaning product in
> her home down the drain because they said on Oprah that Proctor and
> Gamble promoted satanism. And she had typed up a petition that she
> wanted everybody to sign to boycott the company.
>
> I asked her if she'd seen that episode of Oprah. (I knew she hadn't
> because we'd have both been at work during its air time)
>
> "Well, no, but my neighbor did and she told me about it."
>
> "Huh. *She* saw it, or somebody told her about it?"
>
> "Um. I'm not sure."
>
> "When was this?"
>
> "Just last week! The guy, the president of the company, said he could
> do anything he wanted and people would just keep buying his stuff.
> Well, I'm sure not!"
>
> "You know, I read the paper. I read it every single day, you've seen me
> on break and at lunch, right?"
>
> "Yeah..."
>
> "Well, it seems to me that something like that would be considered kinda
> newsworthy..."
>
> "Werrlll, no, maybe not."
>
> "Margie. It makes the paper when Oprah changes her hairstyle."
>
> "Ohhh, you just think you're soooo smart!"
>
> "You bring me anything in writing that confirms this rumor and I will
> pucker up and kiss your big white ass in front of the whole department."
>
> "Well, I just will. You wait and see. You're gonna be sorry."
>
> "How much do you figure it's going to cost to replace the dish soap,
> bleach, laundry detergent, dishwasher detergent and fabric softener you
> poured down the drain? Puts kind of a big ding in the old weekly
> budget, I'd imagine. I bet Chip is going to be thrilled."
>
> And I actually was sorry. Baiting morons is no sport at all, like
> shooting fish in a barrel.

It's true! I read it! What's true? That people are spreading this
rumor, and have been since the 1980s. From Snopes:

http://www.snopes.com/business/alliance/procter.asp

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

blake murphy[_2_] 12-01-2009 08:19 PM

Top Secret Recipes and More!

On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 20:50:40 GMT, James Silverton wrote:

> Kathleen wrote on Sun, 11 Jan 2009 14:43:02 -0600:
>
>>> The Neiman-Marcus cookie story is an Urban Legend as is the
>>> Red Velvet cake There IS a Red Velvet cake and it does
>>> contain an entire bottle of red food coloring, but the story about
>>> the recipe costing a small fortune is not true.

>>Golly! For real?

> You know, if Dante had thought about it, he'd have had a place in the
> Inferno for debunkers of good apocryphal stories :-)

maybe so, but there is enough outlandish shit around without having to
resort to bogus outlandish shit.

your pal,
blake

George[_11_] 12-01-2009 09:57 PM

Top Secret Recipes and More!

Sqwertz wrote:
> I thought I was paying a spammer $19.95 for these recipes, but they
> charged my credit card for $1,995.00. So to get even, I'm sharing
> them with the world for free(*).
>
> http://sqwertzme.googlepages.com/home
>
> Thai Recipes by Nick and Jun and Komal (these were free).
>
> http://sqwertzme.googlepages.com/thaifood
>
> The USDA Meat Specifications Manual:
>
> http://sqwertzme.googlepages.com/usdaimps
>
> Just some pages I forgot I had and can never remember where
> I put them.
>
> (*) Ask me about the Neiman-Markus cookie recipe!
>
> -sw

I have to ask this, how did you get out of paying 2k for a cookbook?

Sqwertz 13-01-2009 04:06 AM

Top Secret Recipes and More!

blake murphy > wrote:

> maybe so, but there is enough outlandish shit around without having to
> resort to bogus outlandish shit.

Unfortunately most people don't know the difference.

This is why they need to tune into Usenet for a decade - to learn to
know the difference (and accept the things they cannot change).

Do you know how many lives RFC has saved?

Probably lots.

-sw

Sqwertz 13-01-2009 04:09 AM

Top Secret Recipes and More!

George > wrote:

> I have to ask this, how did you get out of paying 2k for a cookbook?

And to think I attended the University of Pittsburgh. Obviously not
for the same years George did!

Where is Kate Connaly, BTW?

-sw

jmcquown[_2_] 13-01-2009 03:03 PM

Top Secret Recipes and More!

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>I thought I was paying a spammer $19.95 for these recipes, but they
> charged my credit card for $1,995.00. So to get even, I'm sharing
> them with the world for free(*).

You must really be bored.

Ophelia[_1_] 13-01-2009 04:00 PM

Top Secret Recipes and More!

George[_11_] 13-01-2009 09:35 PM

Top Secret Recipes and More!

Sqwertz wrote:
> George > wrote:
>
>> I have to ask this, how did you get out of paying 2k for a cookbook?

> And to think I attended the University of Pittsburgh. Obviously not
> for the same years George did!
>
> Where is Kate Connaly, BTW?
>
> -sw

Depends, when did you graduate? And what major?

George[_11_] 16-01-2009 03:17 PM

Top Secret Recipes and More!

Sqwertz wrote:
> George > wrote:
>
>> Sqwertz wrote:

>>> And to think I attended the University of Pittsburgh. Obviously not
>>> for the same years George did!
>>>
>>> Where is Kate Connaly, BTW?

>> Depends, when did you graduate? And what major?

> I never said I graduated from there. Or event hat I attended there
> for very long. I took some microprocessor design classes there when
> I was still in high-school, and that was it.
>
> :-)
>
> -sw (formerly of North Hills for 16 years)

North Hills? No kidding? That's where live....

Dimitri 16-01-2009 08:08 PM

Top Secret Recipes and More!

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message

> I know being wrong is a tough pill for you to swallow - It's called
> narcissism. Deal with it.
>
> -sw

NO !

Dimitri

Sqwertz 17-01-2009 07:32 PM

Top Secret Recipes and More!

George > wrote:

> Sqwertz wrote:
>> George > wrote:

>>> Depends, when did you graduate? And what major?

>> I never said I graduated from there. Or event hat I attended there
>> for very long. I took some microprocessor design classes there when
>> I was still in high-school, and that was it.
>>
>> :-)
>>
>> -sw (formerly of North Hills for 16 years)

> North Hills? No kidding? That's where live....

145 Byron Road.

-sw

George[_11_] 20-01-2009 04:34 PM

Top Secret Recipes and More!

Sqwertz wrote:
> George > wrote:
>
>> Sqwertz wrote:

>>> I never said I graduated from there. Or event hat I attended there
>>> for very long. I took some microprocessor design classes there when
>>> I was still in high-school, and that was it.
>>>
>>> :-)
>>>
>>> -sw (formerly of North Hills for 16 years)

>> North Hills? No kidding? That's where live....

> 145 Byron Road.
>
> -sw

Over by Ross Park Mall? I'm right next to CCAC North.
Greetings from one North Hiller to another...:)
Are you still in the area?

Sqwertz 21-01-2009 04:17 AM

Top Secret Recipes and More!

George > wrote:

> Sqwertz wrote:
>> George > wrote:

>>> North Hills? No kidding? That's where live....

>> 145 Byron Road.

> Over by Ross Park Mall? I'm right next to CCAC North.
> Greetings from one North Hiller to another...:)
> Are you still in the area?

It wasn't Ross Park Mall back then - it was Schramms Farm. But yeah
- Ross Park Mall was just at the top of the hill behind our house.
I lived there from 1967-1984. Haven't been back for 2-3 years now.

ObFood: But I walys make sure I make a trip to Wholey's Fish Market
(now more than a fish market), Pittsburgh Maccaroni Company, etc...
and the rest of the Strip District.

-sw

George[_11_] 22-01-2009 11:08 PM

Top Secret Recipes and More!

Sqwertz wrote:
> George > wrote:
>
>> Sqwertz wrote:
>>> 145 Byron Road.

>> Over by Ross Park Mall? I'm right next to CCAC North.
>> Greetings from one North Hiller to another...:)
>> Are you still in the area?

> It wasn't Ross Park Mall back then - it was Schramms Farm. But yeah
> - Ross Park Mall was just at the top of the hill behind our house.
> I lived there from 1967-1984. Haven't been back for 2-3 years now.
>
> ObFood: But I walys make sure I make a trip to Wholey's Fish Market
> (now more than a fish market), Pittsburgh Maccaroni Company, etc...
> and the rest of the Strip District.
>
> -sw

I'm headed to the strip Saturday morning.... I'll hoist a fish sandwich
to you while I'm chowing down lunch at Wholey's...