Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default New Haven, CT: Pizza & Burgsers?

New Haven, CT: Pizza & Burgers?

From Food Paradise: Pizza and Burgers

Louis Lunch (burgers)
Pepe's (pizza)
Sally's (pizza)

All look outstanding!!!!

Something is happening up in New Haven, Connecticut!!!

Who's been???

Why wasn't I told?!?!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default New Haven, CT: Pizza & Burgers?

Andy said...

[edit subject title typo]

> New Haven, CT: Pizza & Burgers?
>
> From Food Paradise: Pizza and Burgers
>
> Louis Lunch (burgers)
> Pepe's (pizza)
> Sally's (pizza)
>
> All look outstanding!!!!
>
> Something is happening up in New Haven, Connecticut!!!
>
> Who's been???
>
> Why wasn't I told?!?!
>
> Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" > wrote in message ...
> New Haven, CT: Pizza & Burgers?
>
> From Food Paradise: Pizza and Burgers
>
> Louis Lunch (burgers)
> Pepe's (pizza)
> Sally's (pizza)
>
> All look outstanding!!!!
>
> Something is happening up in New Haven, Connecticut!!!
>
> Who's been???
>
> Why wasn't I told?!?!
>
> Andy

I've been to Pepe's a dozen years back and it was good. Last time I was in
New Haven was to buy a new Borsalino cap at Delmonico's
http://www.delmonicohatter.com/ Best place this side of NYC to buy a hat.

Afterwards, we drove by Pepe's and the line was outside on a chilly, rainy,
day. Stopped at another restaurant up the street for an OK, but not
memorable lunch.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> New Haven, CT: Pizza & Burgers?
>
> From Food Paradise: Pizza and Burgers
>
> Louis Lunch (burgers)
> Pepe's (pizza)
> Sally's (pizza)
>
> All look outstanding!!!!
>
> Something is happening up in New Haven, Connecticut!!!

Large Italian ancestry population. Used to fly up there every year with
some friends for the Italian festival. Also used to visit there for
dining when traveling a little further up the road to Waterbury.

> Who's been???
>
> Why wasn't I told?!?!
>
> Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 17:58:01 -0500, George >
wrote:

>Andy wrote:
>> New Haven, CT: Pizza & Burgers?

>> Pepe's (pizza)

>> Something is happening up in New Haven, Connecticut!!!
>>

>Large Italian ancestry population.

Pepe's is one of the pizzerias that Peter Reinhardt visited when he
was working on his book, American Pie. It is a noted pizzeria..and in
the book American Pie, a Pepe's style pizza is one of the recipes.

Christine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney said...

> On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 17:58:01 -0500, George >
> wrote:
>
>>Andy wrote:
>>> New Haven, CT: Pizza & Burgers?

>>> Pepe's (pizza)

>>> Something is happening up in New Haven, Connecticut!!!
>>>

>>Large Italian ancestry population.

> Pepe's is one of the pizzerias that Peter Reinhardt visited when he
> was working on his book, American Pie. It is a noted pizzeria..and in
> the book American Pie, a Pepe's style pizza is one of the recipes.
>
> Christine

Christine,

Funny thing from the TV program is both Pepe's and Sally's are the same
family with the same pizza recipe and coal fired ovens!

Kinda/sorta absurd, being less than a block apart!

Best,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" > wrote in message ...
> New Haven, CT: Pizza & Burgers?
>
> From Food Paradise: Pizza and Burgers
>
> Louis Lunch (burgers)
> Pepe's (pizza)
> Sally's (pizza)
>
> All look outstanding!!!!
>
> Something is happening up in New Haven, Connecticut!!!
>
> Who's been???
>
> Why wasn't I told?!?!
>
> Andy

Louis' Lunch claims to be the birthplace of the hamburger.

http://www.louislunch.com

Burgers are served on white toast. Period. An no ketchup. So don't bring
Stan with you when you go!

http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Writ...=402&RefID=402

Check out the toaster and the vertical cast iron broilers! I want one of
those!

Merry Christmas!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Paco said...

> "Andy" > wrote in message
>> New Haven, CT: Pizza & Burgers?
>>
>> From Food Paradise: Pizza and Burgers
>>
>> Louis Lunch (burgers)
>> Pepe's (pizza)
>> Sally's (pizza)
>>
>> All look outstanding!!!!
>>
>> Something is happening up in New Haven, Connecticut!!!
>>
>> Who's been???
>>
>> Why wasn't I told?!?!
>>
>> Andy

> Louis' Lunch claims to be the birthplace of the hamburger.
>
> http://www.louislunch.com
>
> Burgers are served on white toast. Period. An no ketchup. So don't
> bring Stan with you when you go!
>
> http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Writ...=402&RefID=402
>
> Check out the toaster and the vertical cast iron broilers! I want one
> of those!
>
> Merry Christmas!

Paco,

Merry Christmas!

Tis the day to break out waffles and apply a severe amount of ice creams,
strawberries, chocolate syrup, whip cream and stuff, for breakfast. Kids
can have hot cocoa. Adults may add Baileys Irish Cream to their coffee at
their option!

Best,

Santa Claus
[Taking the rest of the day off]
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy said...

> Christine Dabney said...
>
>> On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 17:58:01 -0500, George >
>> wrote:

>>>Large Italian ancestry population.

>> Pepe's is one of the pizzerias that Peter Reinhardt visited when he
>> was working on his book, American Pie. It is a noted pizzeria..and in
>> the book American Pie, a Pepe's style pizza is one of the recipes.
>>
>> Christine

> Christine,
>
> Funny thing from the TV program is both Pepe's and Sally's are the same
> family with the same pizza recipe and coal fired ovens!
>
> Kinda/sorta absurd, being less than a block apart!
>
> Best,
>
> Andy

The Mrs. likes Pepe's. Sends me out for pick-up! Ya think they'd
DELIVER!?!?

Best,

Santa Claus