Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default How do I cook nice Mexican style beans?!

any suggestion?hope u guys reply thx.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 17, 9:43*pm, "
> wrote:
> any suggestion?hope u guys reply thx.

Eric with Clap asked,

Open a can, dump some pork & beans in a pot, heat, and eat.

Good grief. Do you know how to do a search using Google??
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> any suggestion?hope u guys reply thx.

Take drained Pinto beans boiled in water till tender, heat in a pan and mash
with a potato masher,as the beans thicken add lard, & salt.

That's it.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2008-12-18, Dimitri > wrote:

> Take drained Pinto beans boiled in water till tender, heat in a pan and mash
> with a potato masher,as the beans thicken add lard, & salt.
>
> That's it.

Those are basically frijoles refritos. There are also plain ol' frijoles
(which are not always pinto beans) and frijoles negros. All are
Mexican-style beans and all are prepared differently. I won't get into the
Mexican jumping bean, which is not a food.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Dimitri" > wrote:

> > wrote in message
> > any suggestion?hope u guys reply thx.

> Take drained Pinto beans boiled in water till tender, heat in a pan and mash
> with a potato masher,as the beans thicken add lard, & salt.
>
> That's it.
>
> Dimitri

Don't forget the Cumin... Just a pinch!
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dimitri wrote:

> > wrote in message
>> any suggestion?hope u guys reply thx.

> Take drained Pinto beans boiled in water till tender, heat in a pan and
> mash with a potato masher,as the beans thicken add lard, & salt.
>
> That's it.
>
> Dimitri

No garlic? Chili or cayenne powder?

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 18, 8:48*am, elaich > wrote:
> itsjoannotjoann > wrote in news:41b8ae8e-fa81-
> :
>
> > Open a can, dump some pork & beans in a pot, heat, and eat.

> Obviously, you don't know what "Mexican style" beans are.
>
> > Good grief. *Do you know how to do a search using Google??

> Why don't we just change the name of the group to that, and nobody will
> ever ask a question here again.
>
> It was obvious to me that the Op wanted personal suggestions.
>
> If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.
>
> I just looked at your headers. That explains a lot.

My headers don't mean jack shit and if you were 1/10 as smart as you
*think* you are you'd know they don't mean squat.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 18, 1:21*pm, Dan Abel > wrote:
> In article >, elaich > wrote:
> > itsjoannotjoann > wrote in news:41b8ae8e-fa81-
> > :

> > > Open a can, dump some pork & beans in a pot, heat, and eat.

> > Obviously, you don't know what "Mexican style" beans are.

> I don't either. *Could you explain it to us?
>
> > It was obvious to me that the Op wanted personal suggestions.

> Yes, but about what?
>
> > If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

> Usually I do that. *Sometimes I just can't hold back, though.
>
> There have been a lot of questions on this group:
>
> Do you have any recipes from Europe?
>
> How do you make a sandwich?
>
> How do you make American potatoes?
>
> > I just looked at your headers. That explains a lot.

> You lost me there.
>

> Dan Abel

Dan, I think we lost Eric and whiney elaich from the get-go. I love
it when the righteous want to ream everybody a new asshole when a
tongue in cheek post is made. Notice how elaich rushed in with a
wonderful step-by-step, tried and true recipe for ol' Eric??? It must
be an invisible recipe using invisible beans.

<eye roll>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
itsjoannotjoann > wrote:

> On Dec 18, 8:48*am, elaich > wrote:
> > itsjoannotjoann > wrote in news:41b8ae8e-fa81-
> > :
> >
> > > Open a can, dump some pork & beans in a pot, heat, and eat.

> > Obviously, you don't know what "Mexican style" beans are.

> > I just looked at your headers. That explains a lot.

> My headers don't mean jack shit and if you were 1/10 as smart as you
> *think* you are you'd know they don't mean squat.

Looks like the thread is over. Old Eric is a one shot deal. He made 16
posts on newsgroups, one per group. All but three started off "Earn
more money!!!".

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 19, 10:35*pm, Dan Abel > wrote:
> In article
> >,
>
> *itsjoannotjoann > wrote:
> > On Dec 18, 8:48*am, elaich > wrote:
> > > itsjoannotjoann > wrote in news:41b8ae8e-fa81-
> > > :

> > > Obviously, you don't know what "Mexican style" beans are.
> > > I just looked at your headers. That explains a lot.

> > My headers don't mean jack shit and if you were 1/10 as smart as you
> > *think* you are you'd know they don't mean squat.

> Looks like the thread is over. *Old Eric is a one shot deal. *He made 16
> posts on newsgroups, one per group. *All but three started off "Earn
> more money!!!".

Oh shoot, and I bought a can of pork and beans for he and elaich to
share. So sad.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gloria P" > wrote in message
> Dimitri wrote:
>>
>> > wrote in message
>>> any suggestion?hope u guys reply thx.

>> Take drained Pinto beans boiled in water till tender, heat in a pan and
>> mash with a potato masher,as the beans thicken add lard, & salt.
>>
>> That's it.
>>
>> Dimitri

> No garlic? Chili or cayenne powder?
>
> gloria p

What ever you want to add is OK by me, A little minced onion will add some
flavor as well.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

itsjoannotjoann > wrote in news:d9675672-a236-
:

> My headers don't mean jack shit and if you were 1/10 as smart as you
> *think* you are you'd know they don't mean squat.

webtv. Somewhere between Neanderthals and AOLers in the evolutionary chain.
Posted to rec.food.cooking