Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Kid-friendly punch

Hi all,

We are giving a housewarming next month, which will have a buffet to
make life easier.

I thought I'd have two punch bowls (also to make life easier). One
alcoholic and one non. I have the alcoholic one (peach white sangria)
set, but am feeling uninspired as to a "virgin" one.

I often like a raspberry sherbet one, but this time I want the punch
to be more neutral-colored to minimize stains to the carpet.

Any ideas? Help is appreciated as always.

Thanks,
Kris
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kris" > wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> We are giving a housewarming next month, which will have a buffet to
> make life easier.
>
> I thought I'd have two punch bowls (also to make life easier). One
> alcoholic and one non. I have the alcoholic one (peach white sangria)
> set, but am feeling uninspired as to a "virgin" one.
>
> I often like a raspberry sherbet one, but this time I want the punch
> to be more neutral-colored to minimize stains to the carpet.
>
> Any ideas? Help is appreciated as always.
>
> Thanks,
> Kris

I have a lot of recipes. Any preferences as far as flavor?

Dimitri

# 1

6 pkgs. lemon-lime Kool-Aid
1 lg. can pineapple juice
1 lg. can grapefruit juice
2 (12 oz.) cans frozen lemonade
5 c. sugar
1 qt. ginger ale
12 qts. water

Mix together. Serves 75. Use straight Kool-Aid for the ice ring, if
desired.

# 2

2 qts. (8 oz.) apple cider, chilled
6 oz. can lemonade concentrate
28 oz. bottle ginger ale, chilled

In large pitcher or punch bowl combine cider and lemonade. Stir to
dissolve. Add ginger ale. Garnish with apple or lemon slices. 24 (1/2
cup) servings.

# 3

2 (2 liter) Sprite
2 lg. (48 oz.) apple juice
1 lg. white grape juice

Freeze apple juice and refrigerate the rest. Pour grape juice and Sprite
over apple juice 2 hours before serving time. This will make 2 punch bowls.
Mix 1/2 at a time.

# 4

1 qt. pineapple juice
1 qt. lemonade
1 qt. orange juice
1 liter Gingerale

Mix all the juice together, chill. Just before serving add the Gingerale
and serve cold. Makes 1 gallon.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kris wrote:

> I thought I'd have two punch bowls (also to make life easier). One
> alcoholic and one non. I have the alcoholic one (peach white sangria)
> set, but am feeling uninspired as to a "virgin" one.
>
> I often like a raspberry sherbet one, but this time I want the punch
> to be more neutral-colored to minimize stains to the carpet.
>
> Any ideas? Help is appreciated as always.

A pretty lemonaid made with real lemon juice (rather than those horrible
powder mixes) and float a nice ice ring in the punch bowl made with
strawberries and lemon slices.
Goomba
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kris wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We are giving a housewarming next month, which will have a buffet to
> make life easier.
>
> I thought I'd have two punch bowls (also to make life easier). One
> alcoholic and one non. I have the alcoholic one (peach white sangria)
> set, but am feeling uninspired as to a "virgin" one.
>
> I often like a raspberry sherbet one, but this time I want the punch
> to be more neutral-colored to minimize stains to the carpet.
>
> Any ideas? Help is appreciated as always.
>
> Thanks,
> Kris

For something completely different, I have a chocolate punch recipe. Don't have it with
me, but I'll post it tonight.

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 17, 9:46*am, "Dimitri" > wrote:
> "Kris" > wrote in message

> > Hi all,

> > We are giving a housewarming next month, which will have a buffet to
> > make life easier.

> > I thought I'd have two punch bowls (also to make life easier). One
> > alcoholic and one non. I have the alcoholic one (peach white sangria)
> > set, but am feeling uninspired as to a "virgin" one.

> > I often like a raspberry sherbet one, but this time I want the punch
> > to be more neutral-colored to minimize stains to the carpet.

> > Any ideas? Help is appreciated as always.

> > Thanks,
> > Kris

> I have a lot of recipes. *Any preferences as far as flavor?
>
> Dimitri
>
> # 1
>
> *6 pkgs. lemon-lime Kool-Aid
> 1 lg. can pineapple juice
> 1 lg. can grapefruit juice
> 2 (12 oz.) cans frozen lemonade
> 5 c. sugar
> 1 qt. ginger ale
> 12 qts. water
>
> *Mix together. Serves 75. *Use straight Kool-Aid for the ice ring, if
> desired.
>
> # 2
>
> *2 qts. (8 oz.) apple cider, chilled
> 6 oz. can lemonade concentrate
> 28 oz. bottle ginger ale, chilled
>
> *In large pitcher or punch bowl combine cider and lemonade. *Stir to
> dissolve. *Add ginger ale. *Garnish with apple or lemon slices. *24 (1/2
> cup) servings.
>
> # 3
>
> *2 (2 liter) Sprite
> 2 lg. (48 oz.) apple juice
> 1 lg. white grape juice
>
> *Freeze apple juice and refrigerate the rest. *Pour grape juice and Sprite
> over apple juice 2 hours before serving time. *This will make 2 punch bowls.
> Mix 1/2 at a time.
>
> # 4
>
> *1 qt. pineapple juice
> 1 qt. lemonade
> 1 qt. orange juice
> 1 liter Gingerale
>
> *Mix all the juice together, chill. * Just before serving add the Gingerale
> and serve cold. *Makes 1 gallon.
>
> Dimitri- Hide quoted text -

Hey thanks, we are having Christmas without alcohol this year so your
recipes will stand me in good stead.

Regards
Bevan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bevan" > wrote in message
On Dec 17, 9:46 am, "Dimitri" > wrote:
> "Kris" > wrote in message

<snip>

Hey thanks, we are having Christmas without alcohol this year so your
recipes will stand me in good stead.

Regards
Bevan

These were light colored, I have many many more if you don't mind color.

I also have a lot of Hot punch recipes.

Let me know.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> Hi all,
>
> We are giving a housewarming next month, which will have a buffet to
> make life easier.
>
> I thought I'd have two punch bowls (also to make life easier). One
> alcoholic and one non. I have the alcoholic one (peach white sangria)
> set, but am feeling uninspired as to a "virgin" one.
>
> I often like a raspberry sherbet one, but this time I want the punch
> to be more neutral-colored to minimize stains to the carpet.
>
> Any ideas? Help is appreciated as always.
>
> Thanks,
> Kris

I made this for a wedding. Everyone seemed to enjoyed it. Admittedly some
of the ingredients seem strange, but it's good.

Chris

* Exported from MasterCook *

Mike's Grandmother's Punch

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 30 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Beverage Company

6 ounces lemon gelatin powder -- or red
2 cups sugar
1 cup hot water
1 quart water
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 can pineapple juice -- 48 ounces
1 can Orange or Red High C -- 48 ounces
2 bottles Sprite -- 2 liter size
1 ounce almond extract

Combine Jello and sugar with hot water. Add 1 quart water to mixture after
dissolving.

Combine lemon juice, pineapple juice, high C, and 1 bottle of sprite.

Mixture together all ingredients (with the exception of 1 bottle of Sprite).

Freeze 1 week ahead. Set out 1 hour before serving.

Add reserved bottle of sprite - chop, mix (with heavy duty mixture).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : Lemon-lime soda, 7-Up or Ginger Ale can be substituted for the
Sprite.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kris" > wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> We are giving a housewarming next month, which will have a buffet to
> make life easier.
>
> I thought I'd have two punch bowls (also to make life easier). One
> alcoholic and one non. I have the alcoholic one (peach white sangria)
> set, but am feeling uninspired as to a "virgin" one.
>
> I often like a raspberry sherbet one, but this time I want the punch
> to be more neutral-colored to minimize stains to the carpet.
>
> Any ideas? Help is appreciated as always.
>
> Thanks,
> Kris

I've been using this punch recipe for years (it's from the Better Homes &
Gardens New Cookbook). Kids (and adults!) love it, and I always plan on
making at least two batches.

GOLDEN GLOW PUNCH

1 (3 oz.) pkg. orange flavored gelatin
1 (6 oz.) can frozen pineapple orange juice concentrate
4 c. apple juice
1 pt. (12 oz.) bottle (3 1/2 c.) gingerale, chilled

Dissolve gelatin in 1 cup boiling water. Stir in pineapple-orange juice
concentrate. Add apple juice and 3 cups cold water; stir to mix well.
Carefully pour in gingerale and stir gently to mix. Makes about 25 (4
ounce) servings.

Karen

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Two simple favorites are lemonade and ginger ale, or pineapple juice and
ginger ale. You can dress it up with an ice ring with strawberries frozen
into it and not risk red stuff all over the place.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default REC: Mocha Punch ( Kid-friendly punch)

zxcvbob wrote:
> Kris wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> We are giving a housewarming next month, which will have a buffet to
>> make life easier.
>>
>> I thought I'd have two punch bowls (also to make life easier). One
>> alcoholic and one non. I have the alcoholic one (peach white sangria)
>> set, but am feeling uninspired as to a "virgin" one.
>>
>> I often like a raspberry sherbet one, but this time I want the punch
>> to be more neutral-colored to minimize stains to the carpet.
>>
>> Any ideas? Help is appreciated as always.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Kris

> For something completely different, I have a chocolate punch recipe.
> Don't have it with me, but I'll post it tonight.
>
> Bob

I got this recipe from my pastor's wife. We served it at DD's
graduation party.

Mocha Punch

2 c. hot water
1 3/4 c. sugar
2 oz. instant coffee
1 gallon milk
1 can Hershey's syrup, large (15 oz?)
1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream

Bring water and sugar almost to a boil, stirring until dissolved. Add
instant coffee; stir and cover. Let steep until cool. (do this much
the night before) Refrigerate. Add milk and chocolate syrup. Pour in
punch bowl. Add little spoonfuls of ice cream just before serving.
Makes 50 servings.

* * *

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Karen in NC" > wrote in message

> GOLDEN GLOW PUNCH
>
> 1 (3 oz.) pkg. orange flavored gelatin
> 1 (6 oz.) can frozen pineapple orange juice concentrate
> 4 c. apple juice
> 1 pt. (12 oz.) bottle (3 1/2 c.) gingerale, chilled
>
> Dissolve gelatin in 1 cup boiling water. Stir in pineapple-orange juice
> concentrate. Add apple juice and 3 cups cold water; stir to mix well.
> Carefully pour in gingerale and stir gently to mix. Makes about 25 (4
> ounce) servings.
>
> Karen

Clarifying one point he This was an older recipe which referred to the 1
pt., 12-oz. (28 oz.) bottle of gingerale. You can use an entire 2-liter
bottle of gingerale instead; the few extra ounces won't make any difference
in the final product.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kris wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We are giving a housewarming next month, which will have a buffet to
> make life easier.
>
> I thought I'd have two punch bowls (also to make life easier). One
> alcoholic and one non. I have the alcoholic one (peach white sangria)
> set, but am feeling uninspired as to a "virgin" one.
>
> I often like a raspberry sherbet one, but this time I want the punch
> to be more neutral-colored to minimize stains to the carpet.
>
> Any ideas? Help is appreciated as always.
>
> Thanks,
> Kris

Neutral colored? Some combination of:

white grape juice
ginger ale or seltzer/sparkling water
lemon or pineapple sherbet

At a party this weekend, they had a tasty punch made of:
cranberry juice
orange juice
ginger ale

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 16, 5:39*pm, Kris > wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We are giving a housewarming next month, which will have a buffet to
> make life easier.
>
> I thought I'd have two punch bowls (also to make life easier). One
> alcoholic and one non. I have the alcoholic one (peach white sangria)
> set, but am feeling uninspired as to a "virgin" one.
>
> I often like a raspberry sherbet one, but this time I want the punch
> to be more neutral-colored to minimize stains to the carpet.
>
> Any ideas? Help is appreciated as always.
>
> Thanks,
> Kris

Wow - lots of great choices. I appreciate such speedy ideas. My carpet
and I thank you!!

Kris
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kris" > wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> We are giving a housewarming next month, which will have a buffet to
> make life easier.
>
> I thought I'd have two punch bowls (also to make life easier). One
> alcoholic and one non. I have the alcoholic one (peach white sangria)
> set, but am feeling uninspired as to a "virgin" one.
>
> I often like a raspberry sherbet one, but this time I want the punch
> to be more neutral-colored to minimize stains to the carpet.
>
> Any ideas? Help is appreciated as always.
>
> Thanks,
> Kris

My mother used to make punch with orange sherbet, Hawaiian Punch and ginger
ale. Now that I think about it, it's not very carpet friendly. But I'm not
sure we had carpet... might have been hardwood. Hmmm, doesn't sound very
hardwood friendly, either. lol

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 16, 5:46*pm, "Dimitri" > wrote:
> "Kris" > wrote in message

> > Hi all,

> > We are giving a housewarming next month, which will have a buffet to
> > make life easier.

> > I thought I'd have two punch bowls (also to make life easier). One
> > alcoholic and one non. I have the alcoholic one (peach white sangria)
> > set, but am feeling uninspired as to a "virgin" one.

> > I often like a raspberry sherbet one, but this time I want the punch
> > to be more neutral-colored to minimize stains to the carpet.

> > Any ideas? Help is appreciated as always.

> > Thanks,
> > Kris

> I have a lot of recipes. *Any preferences as far as flavor?
>
> Dimitri
>
> # 1
>
> *6 pkgs. lemon-lime Kool-Aid
> 1 lg. can pineapple juice
> 1 lg. can grapefruit juice
> 2 (12 oz.) cans frozen lemonade
> 5 c. sugar
> 1 qt. ginger ale
> 12 qts. water
>
> *Mix together. Serves 75. *Use straight Kool-Aid for the ice ring, if
> desired.
>
> # 2
>
> *2 qts. (8 oz.) apple cider, chilled
> 6 oz. can lemonade concentrate
> 28 oz. bottle ginger ale, chilled
>
> *In large pitcher or punch bowl combine cider and lemonade. *Stir to
> dissolve. *Add ginger ale. *Garnish with apple or lemon slices. *24 (1/2
> cup) servings.
>
> # 3
>
> *2 (2 liter) Sprite
> 2 lg. (48 oz.) apple juice
> 1 lg. white grape juice
>
> *Freeze apple juice and refrigerate the rest. *Pour grape juice and Sprite
> over apple juice 2 hours before serving time. *This will make 2 punch bowls.
> Mix 1/2 at a time.
>
> # 4
>
> *1 qt. pineapple juice
> 1 qt. lemonade
> 1 qt. orange juice
> 1 liter Gingerale
>
> *Mix all the juice together, chill. * Just before serving add the Gingerale
> and serve cold. *Makes 1 gallon.
>
> Dimitri- Hide quoted text -

These all sound super - have you tried them all? Which one is your
favorite?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Karen in NC" > wrote in message

> "Karen in NC" > wrote in message
>>
>> GOLDEN GLOW PUNCH
>>
>> 1 (3 oz.) pkg. orange flavored gelatin
>> 1 (6 oz.) can frozen pineapple orange juice concentrate
>> 4 c. apple juice
>> 1 pt. (12 oz.) bottle (3 1/2 c.) gingerale, chilled
>>
>> Dissolve gelatin in 1 cup boiling water. Stir in pineapple-orange juice
>> concentrate. Add apple juice and 3 cups cold water; stir to mix well.
>> Carefully pour in gingerale and stir gently to mix. Makes about 25 (4
>> ounce) servings.
>>
>> Karen

> Clarifying one point he This was an older recipe which referred to the
> 1 pt., 12-oz. (28 oz.) bottle of gingerale. You can use an entire 2-liter
> bottle of gingerale instead; the few extra ounces won't make any
> difference in the final product.

My brain is fried...I meant to say "1-liter bottle"... Sorry for any
confusion.

Karen

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 01:52:33 -0500, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

>"Kris" > wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>>
>> We are giving a housewarming next month, which will have a buffet to
>> make life easier.
>>
>> I thought I'd have two punch bowls (also to make life easier). One
>> alcoholic and one non. I have the alcoholic one (peach white sangria)
>> set, but am feeling uninspired as to a "virgin" one.
>>
>> I often like a raspberry sherbet one, but this time I want the punch
>> to be more neutral-colored to minimize stains to the carpet.
>>
>> Any ideas? Help is appreciated as always.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Kris

>My mother used to make punch with orange sherbet, Hawaiian Punch and ginger
>ale. Now that I think about it, it's not very carpet friendly. But I'm not
>sure we had carpet... might have been hardwood. Hmmm, doesn't sound very
>hardwood friendly, either. lol
>
>Jill

My SIL made punch with sherbet and 7Up - same thing.
She also did it with champagne for adults.

Mae West

Did Anybody Get Friendly? Andy[_15_] General Cooking 9 08-06-2009 02:39 PM
PL just a friendly... sandy General Cooking 0 18-01-2009 09:19 AM
Fun friendly and Much more Stuff [email protected] General Cooking 0 03-09-2007 12:00 AM
Friendly Reminder Andy General Cooking 3 09-02-2007 07:41 PM
Friendly Raw Veg Nick Vegan 0 13-10-2004 04:52 PM