Jacquie

Default REQ...Faux Potato Salad

I saw "C" Told us about using Cauliflower for mashed potatoes. It reminded
me that years ago, I had a friend who's mom owned a weight reducing
place(kind of like Jenny Craig) Anyways she had a recipe for Faux potato
salad made with Cauliflower....does anybody happen to have that recipe they
could share?
Thanks
Jacquie

Carnivore269

"Jacquie" > wrote in message link.net>...
> I saw "C" Told us about using Cauliflower for mashed potatoes. It reminded
> me that years ago, I had a friend who's mom owned a weight reducing
> place(kind of like Jenny Craig) Anyways she had a recipe for Faux potato
> salad made with Cauliflower....does anybody happen to have that recipe they
> could share?
> Thanks
> Jacquie

Ooh I'd like to see that too. :-)
The holidays cometh, and I'd still like to stay low carb on the basics...

I plan to play with veggie and cheese fondue for Christmas.

C.
PENMART01

Carnivore writes:

>"Jacquie" wrote:
>> I saw "C" Told us about using Cauliflower for mashed potatoes. It reminded
>> me that years ago, I had a friend who's mom owned a weight reducing
>> place(kind of like Jenny Craig) Anyways she had a recipe for Faux potato
>> salad made with Cauliflower....does anybody happen to have that recipe they
>> could share?

>Ooh I'd like to see that too. :-)

No way anyone will mistake this for potato salad, 'cept for yoose taste-in-ass
types.

Call it what it is... this is definitely a *cauliflower* salad, and a friggin'
fercocktah cauliflower salad at that:
http://atkins.com/food/recipes/all/C...ato_Salad.html

Much better...

CAULIFLOWER SALAD WITH OLIVES AND CAPERS

1 head cauliflower, cut into 1-inch flowerets (about 6 cups)
a 3-ounce jar pimiento-stuffed olives, drained and chopped (about
3/4 cup)
3 celery ribs, sliced thin diagonally
1/4 cup chopped drained peperoncini (pickled Tuscan peppers)
2 tablespoons drained capers
1/2 cup drained caper berries

For vinaigrette
3 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
6 flat anchovy fillets, or to taste

In a large saucepan of boiling salted water cook cauliflower until just tender,
about 4 minutes. In a colander drain cauliflower and rinse under cold water to
stop cooking. Drain cauliflower well and in a large bowl toss with olives,
celery, peperoncini, capers, and caper berries.

Make vinaigrette:
In a blender blend vinaigrette ingredients until combined well.

Add vinaigrette to salad, tossing well, and season with salt and pepper. Salad
will improve in flavor if kept, covered and chilled, at least 1 day and up to
3. Bring salad to room temperature before serving
---

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

Lila3

>I saw "C" Told us about using Cauliflower for mashed potatoes. It reminded
>me that years ago, I had a friend who's mom owned a weight reducing
>place(kind of like Jenny Craig) Anyways she had a recipe for Faux potato
>salad made with Cauliflower....does anybody happen to have that recipe they
>could share?
>Thanks
>Jacquie

I make this all the time and it is great. I read about it on the low carb web
site.
....just cook cauliflower til tender, not soft and then make it just like you
would regular potato salad. I use mayo, onions, hard boiled eggs, celery salt
and pepper. The eggs make the difference and you can add anything else you like
in your potato salad. Lila