Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default White truffle found in central Italy worth $ 44.500 (€ 35.000)!

A truffle weighing over a kilogramme has been found in the southern
Italian region of Molise and looks set to set this year's Italian
record at auction.
The white truffle, weighing in at 1.05 kg, was bought from a young
local truffle hunter for 15,000 euros. The dealer who bought it,
Ernesto De Iorio, told reporters he had three interested parties
willing to pay some 35,000 euros for it.
De Iorio was coy as to their identity, saying only: ''I hope it goes
to the president of the United States''.
Experts say 35,000 euros will be hard to beat in a lean truffle
season.

Berlusconi comments "I'd like to buy this white truffle for Obama, but
I won't since I am no racist" ;-)

Picture and more info on my blog aadimolise.blogspot.com.
p.s. I love feedback!

Michele