Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default What influences your food desires?

What influences your food desires?

Sight or smell? Or other?

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy > wrote:

> What influences your food desires?
>
> Sight or smell? Or other?
>
> Andy

Mostly MOOD!
--
Peace! Om

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 11, 12:49*pm, Omelet > wrote:
> In article >, Andy > wrote:
> > What influences your food desires?

> > Sight or smell? Or other?

> > Andy

> Mostly MOOD!
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> "Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." -- Dalai Lama

Yeah, absolutely mood.
Lynn in Fargo

Gifford's Corollary: Food = Love. Tell me what kind of food you crave,
and I'll tell you which kind of love you're missing.
Mashed Potatoes & Gravy and Banana Pudding = mom. Pasta Arrabiata
& Sxechuan anything = sex,
Eclairs & Shrimp deJonghe. . . ad nauseum!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet said...

> In article >, Andy > wrote:
>
>> What influences your food desires?
>>
>> Sight or smell? Or other?
>>
>> Andy

> Mostly MOOD!

Om,

What about a food you've never had?? I guess I should've been more
specific.

Mood = comfort, we all know that!

Best,

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lynn from Fargo said...

> Pasta Arrabiata & Sxechuan anything = sex,

I'll have LOTS of what Lynn from Fargo is having!!!

And then Lynn! <smootch>

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

blAndy blabbled:

> What influences your food desires?
>
> Sight or smell? Or other?

In your particular case, blAndy, it's most probably how much booze you
consume in any given day...

:-)

--
Best
Greg

" I find Greg Morrow lowbrow, witless, and obnoxious. For him to claim that
we are some
kind of comedy team turns my stomach."
- "cybercat" to me on rec.food.cooking

Posted to rec.food.cooking

blAndy mutters:

> Omelet said...
>
> > In article >, Andy > wrote:
> >
> >> What influences your food desires?
> >>
> >> Sight or smell? Or other?
> >>
> >> Andy

> > Mostly MOOD!

> Om,
>
> What about a food you've never had?? I guess I should've been more
> specific.

Is your cocktail hour an "hour" or simply a whole 24 - hour stretch...???

> Mood = comfort, we all know that!

Though blAndy may be in the "mood" for love that is in no way a "comfort" to
the rest of us...!!!

;-P

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

blAndy leered:

> Lynn from Fargo said...
>
> > Pasta Arrabiata & Sxechuan anything = sex,

> I'll have LOTS of what Lynn from Fargo is having!!!
>
> And then Lynn! <smootch>

Nope, Lynn is IIRC of the Jewish persuasion and you not being circumcised
and all...

:-(

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy > wrote:

> Omelet said...
>
> > In article >, Andy > wrote:
> >
> >> What influences your food desires?
> >>
> >> Sight or smell? Or other?
> >>
> >> Andy

> > Mostly MOOD!

> Om,
>
> What about a food you've never had?? I guess I should've been more
> specific.
>
> Mood = comfort, we all know that!
>
> Best,
>
> Andy

Food I've never had? It should look and smell good, but curiosity might
prompt me if I know what the ingredients are.

I was not so picky back in college. That's how I was introduced to deep
fried calf fries. <g>
--
Peace! Om

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 11, 3:54*pm, Omelet > wrote:
> In article >, Andy > wrote:
> > Omelet said...

> > > Mostly MOOD!

> > Om,

> > What about a food you've never had?? I guess I should've been more
> > specific.

> > Mood = comfort, we all know that!

> > Best,

> > Andy

> Food I've never had? It should look and smell good, but curiosity might
> prompt me if I know what the ingredients are.
>
> I was not so picky back in college. That's how I was introduced to deep
> fried calf fries. <g>
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> "Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." -- Dalai Lama- Hide quoted text -

College? That explains it...it was probably at a kegger, right?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> What influences your food desires?
>
> Sight or smell? Or other?
>
> Andy

Sometimes reading about food on news groups!!! Or reading a
recipe. I guess sight more than smell. Usually.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
merryb > wrote:

> On Nov 11, 3:54*pm, Omelet > wrote:
> > In article >, Andy > wrote:
> > > Omelet said...

> > > Om,

> > > What about a food you've never had?? I guess I should've been more
> > > specific.

> > > Mood = comfort, we all know that!

> > > Best,

> > > Andy

> > Food I've never had? It should look and smell good, but curiosity might
> > prompt me if I know what the ingredients are.
> >
> > I was not so picky back in college. That's how I was introduced to deep
> > fried calf fries. <g>

> College? That explains it...it was probably at a kegger, right?

Yep!

End of semester party. ;-)
--
Peace! Om

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" > wrote in message ...
> What influences your food desires?
>
> Sight or smell? Or other?
>
> Andy

Imagination

Smell is a strong influence when it is available. Even Burger King can
smell good when you are hungry and downwind.

In the market, sight is more of an influence as the food on display has
little to no odor. The sight of a nice steak or roast in the meat case and
the visualization of what it will look like ready to eat is good.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 20:24:52 -0500, "Jean B." > wrote:

>Andy wrote:
>> What influences your food desires?
>>
>> Sight or smell? Or other?
>>
>> Andy

>Sometimes reading about food on news groups!!! Or reading a
>recipe. I guess sight more than smell. Usually.

I'm with you. Reading a recipe can do it for me. The other options
work too. I'm a food pushover.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dimitri said...

> "Andy" > wrote in message ...
>> What influences your food desires?
>>
>> Sight or smell? Or other?
>>
>> Andy

> SEX
>
> Dimitri

Heh heh heh heh heh!

Strawberries or chocolate or whipped cream or oysters or...?

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default What influences your food desires? (attn Chatty Cathy)

"Andy" > wrote in message ...
> Dimitri said...
>

>> "Andy" > wrote in message
>>> What influences your food desires?
>>>
>>> Sight or smell? Or other?
>>>
>>> Andy

>> SEX
>>
>> Dimitri

> Heh heh heh heh heh!
>
> Strawberries or chocolate or whipped cream or oysters or...?
>
> Andy

It doesn't matter the food, good sex makes me hungry - (OK armature
psychologists have fun)
Come to think of it even mediocre sex does the same.

Good sex is a very sensual experience and so is good food.

If your food is not sensual you have my sympathy.

Watch this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1zHzbgZ3ys

I rest my case.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dimitri said...

> "Andy" > wrote in message news:Xns9B552EE59DF75CotD@

85.214.105.209...
>> Dimitri said...

>>> SEX
>>>
>>> Dimitri

>> Heh heh heh heh heh!
>>
>> Strawberries or chocolate or whipped cream or oysters or...?
>>
>> Andy

> It doesn't matter the food, good sex makes me hungry - (OK armature
> psychologists have fun)
> Come to think of it even mediocre sex does the same.
>
> Good sex is a very sensual experience and so is good food.
>
> If your food is not sensual you have my sympathy.
>
> Watch this.
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1zHzbgZ3ys
>
> I rest my case.
>
> Dimitri

LOVE the dame!!!

Thanks,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" > wrote in message ...

>> It doesn't matter the food, good sex makes me hungry - (OK armature
>> psychologists have fun)
>> Come to think of it even mediocre sex does the same.
>>
>> Good sex is a very sensual experience and so is good food.
>>
>> If your food is not sensual you have my sympathy.
>>
>> Watch this.
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1zHzbgZ3ys
>>
>> I rest my case.
>>
>> Dimitri

> LOVE the dame!!!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andy

I agree - somehow Whipped Cream & cleavage come to mind.

;-)

Dimitri
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 11, 1:46*pm, Andy > wrote:
> What influences your food desires?
>
> Sight or smell? Or other?
>
> Andy

definitely mood. If I'm very busy with something interesting, I'll
forget to eat until I start to get dizzy.
Pity there are so few interesting things in my life<G>

maxine in ri