Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Popcorn

I am popping corn in the microwave without any oil.
Then top it with "I can't Believe it is not butter" and lemon pepper
seasoning
On a scale of 1 to 10, is it a healthy snack?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu 18 Sep 2008 09:18:03p, metspitzer told us...

> I am popping corn in the microwave without any oil.
> Then top it with "I can't Believe it is not butter" and lemon pepper
> seasoning
> On a scale of 1 to 10, is it a healthy snack?

I don't think it will kill you.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Thursday, 09(IX)/18(XVIII)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Veteran's Day
7wks 4dys 2hrs 35mins
Be careful, the last person using this
keyboard had a terminal disease.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
5.247...
> On Thu 18 Sep 2008 09:18:03p, metspitzer told us...
>
>> I am popping corn in the microwave without any oil.
>> Then top it with "I can't Believe it is not butter" and lemon pepper
>> seasoning
>> On a scale of 1 to 10, is it a healthy snack?
>>

> I don't think it will kill you.

Popcorn doesn't kill people, I do.

TFM®

Posted to rec.food.cooking

metspitzer wrote:
> I am popping corn in the microwave without any oil.
> Then top it with "I can't Believe it is not butter" and lemon pepper
> seasoning
> On a scale of 1 to 10, is it a healthy snack?

Depends. Are you more worried about heart disease or diverticulitis?

--Lia

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"TFM®" wrote

> Popcorn doesn't kill people, I do.

Hehe thought you were mostly a smoker cooker!
Humm, that could go two ways!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 07:07:08 -0400, TFM® wrote:

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> 5.247...
>> On Thu 18 Sep 2008 09:18:03p, metspitzer told us...
>>
>>> I am popping corn in the microwave without any oil.
>>> Then top it with "I can't Believe it is not butter" and lemon pepper
>>> seasoning
>>> On a scale of 1 to 10, is it a healthy snack?
>>>

>> I don't think it will kill you.

> Popcorn doesn't kill people, I do.
>
> TFM®

well, you're falling down on the job. i have a lengthy list.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

metspitzer wrote:

> I am popping corn in the microwave without any oil.
> Then top it with "I can't Believe it is not butter" and lemon pepper
> seasoning
> On a scale of 1 to 10, is it a healthy snack?

"Healthy" depends on the quantity you eat... otherwise the word you
want is *healthful*.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"metspitzer" > wrote in message
>I am popping corn in the microwave without any oil.
> Then top it with "I can't Believe it is not butter" and lemon pepper
> seasoning
> On a scale of 1 to 10, is it a healthy snack?

Depends on how much of that margarine product you put on your popcorn. I
Can't Believe It's Not Butter contains both hydrogenated and partially
hydrogenated fats, so has transfats. Latest nutrition theory is that
transfats are worse for you than saturated fats. You'd be better off eating
the popcorn plain. Of course, it'll taste like styrofoam but it'll be more
healthful :-)

TammyM

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sheldon" > wrote in message
> metspitzer wrote:
>>
>> I am popping corn in the microwave without any oil.
>> Then top it with "I can't Believe it is not butter" and lemon pepper
>> seasoning
>> On a scale of 1 to 10, is it a healthy snack?

> "Healthy" depends on the quantity you eat... otherwise the word you
> want is *healthful*.

Healthful as in having a cat drag it's shitty ass across the counter?

Sheldon, you need a swift beating with a cane stick.

Shut the **** up! Don't reply to this. I will only answer you with more
truth's.

Fercocktah's ass!
TFM®

Popcorn pamjd General Cooking 2 09-07-2008 08:12 PM
That buttery aroma might be toxic, too: Common chemical in popcorn at center of concern [Scout popcorn OK] Fred Goodwin, CMA General Cooking 0 06-09-2007 10:52 PM
Popcorn The Bubbo General Cooking 0 06-08-2006 07:42 AM
Popcorn lorin merriam General Cooking 0 05-08-2006 09:18 PM