Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Favorite Food Blogs

Okay...

A month or so ago, Koko and I were sitting in chat talking about our
favorite food blogs. I thought then, that it might be fun to start a
thread on them here in rfc.

For those of you not familiar with them, there is some fascinating
food reading out on the web now. A lot of famous authors/chefs, have
gotten involved in them, as well as home cooks, wannabe chefs, etc.
Most of them are wonderful. Some are spectacular. And if you think
rfc is bad for inducing hunger pains, and envy, you need to take a
look at some of these.

So far, I have learned quite a bit from them, plus picked up some
really great recipes. And I keep on finding new-to-me ones, like
tonight when Koko mentioned one in another post.

So...I thought I would post some of my favorites. Some of the food
blogs have even spawned/are spawning cookbooks.

The main two that have spawned cookbooks are these:
http://www.amateurgourmet.com/

http://chocolateandzucchini.com/
Needless to say, I went out and got both cookbooks.

Michael Ruhlman has a blog. I think several of us have mentioned it
here on rfc.
http://blog.ruhlman.com/

One of my favorite sites/blogs is this one:
http://www.seriouseats.com/
It has lead me to great writing, great food writers, great recipes,
and what is up and coming in the food world. And of course, to even
more food blogs.

Chez Pim is another one of my favorites.
http://chezpim.typepad.com/

And David Lebovitz has a wonderful blog as well. He is a dessert
wizard, and his ice creams are amazingly wonderful. He talks about
living in Paris, among other things.

Some of my favorite things to eventually try come from this food blog:
http://elise.com/recipes/
The pictures alone will make you ravenous.

And in no particular order, some of my other favorites:
http://www.101cookbooks.com/
http://habeasbrulee.com/
http://www.thepauperedchef.com/
http://www.thekitchn.com/
http://smittenkitchen.com/
http://www.tigersandstrawberries.com/
http://theslowcook.blogspot.com/
http://greatbigvegchallenge.blogspot.com/
http://thewellseasonedcook.blogspot.com/
http://eggbeater.typepad.com/
http://kitchen-notebook.blogspot.com/

I still have a ton of others..and I will put up more later on.

Koko? Your favorites?

Anyone else?

Christine
http://sundaynitedinner.com/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christine Dabney" > wrote in message
> Okay...
>
> A month or so ago, Koko and I were sitting in chat talking about our
> favorite food blogs. I thought then, that it might be fun to start a
> thread on them here in rfc.
>
> For those of you not familiar with them, there is some fascinating
> food reading out on the web now. A lot of famous authors/chefs, have
> gotten involved in them, as well as home cooks, wannabe chefs, etc.
> Most of them are wonderful. Some are spectacular. And if you think
> rfc is bad for inducing hunger pains, and envy, you need to take a
> look at some of these.
>
> So far, I have learned quite a bit from them, plus picked up some
> really great recipes. And I keep on finding new-to-me ones, like
> tonight when Koko mentioned one in another post.
>
> So...I thought I would post some of my favorites. Some of the food
> blogs have even spawned/are spawning cookbooks.
>
> The main two that have spawned cookbooks are these:
> http://www.amateurgourmet.com/
>
> http://chocolateandzucchini.com/
> Needless to say, I went out and got both cookbooks.
>
> Michael Ruhlman has a blog. I think several of us have mentioned it
> here on rfc.
> http://blog.ruhlman.com/
>
> One of my favorite sites/blogs is this one:
> http://www.seriouseats.com/
> It has lead me to great writing, great food writers, great recipes,
> and what is up and coming in the food world. And of course, to even
> more food blogs.
>
> Chez Pim is another one of my favorites.
> http://chezpim.typepad.com/
>
> And David Lebovitz has a wonderful blog as well. He is a dessert
> wizard, and his ice creams are amazingly wonderful. He talks about
> living in Paris, among other things.
>
> Some of my favorite things to eventually try come from this food blog:
> http://elise.com/recipes/
> The pictures alone will make you ravenous.
>
> And in no particular order, some of my other favorites:
> http://www.101cookbooks.com/
> http://habeasbrulee.com/
> http://www.thepauperedchef.com/
> http://www.thekitchn.com/
> http://smittenkitchen.com/
> http://www.tigersandstrawberries.com/
> http://theslowcook.blogspot.com/
> http://greatbigvegchallenge.blogspot.com/
> http://thewellseasonedcook.blogspot.com/
> http://eggbeater.typepad.com/
> http://kitchen-notebook.blogspot.com/
>
> I still have a ton of others..and I will put up more later on.
>
> Koko? Your favorites?
>
> Anyone else?
>
> Christine
> http://sundaynitedinner.com/

OK delurk is on

Here are some local ones that I like

http://burghilicious.com/
http://pghtasted.blogspot.com/
http://inthenightkitchen.com/
http://www.chocolateincontext.blogspot.com/

Barb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 03:36:23 GMT, "BD" > wrote:

>OK delurk is on
>
>Here are some local ones that I like
>
>http://burghilicious.com/
>http://pghtasted.blogspot.com/
>http://inthenightkitchen.com/
>http://www.chocolateincontext.blogspot.com/
>
>Barb

Oooh!!!! Nice!! I am looking through them now! I like them already!

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> "Christine Dabney" > wrote in message
>> Okay...
>>
>> A month or so ago, Koko and I were sitting in chat talking about our
>> favorite food blogs. I thought then, that it might be fun to start a
>> thread on them here in rfc.

><snip>

>> Koko? Your favorites?
>>
>> Anyone else?
>>
>> Christine
>> http://sundaynitedinner.com/

http://carolcookskeller.blogspot.com/

I am in constant awe of this woman.

--
Saerah

"Welcome to Usenet, Biatch! Adapt or haul ass!"
- some hillbilly from FL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 03:58:33 GMT, Saerah Gray >
wrote:

>http://carolcookskeller.blogspot.com/
>
>I am in constant awe of this woman.

So am I, which I why I posted an addendum to this post. I totally
forgot to put that one on my list. It is one of the best food blogs
around. Because of that, I put The French Laundry Cookbook on my to
buy list...although I am not entirely sure how much cooking I will do
from it.

I thought about cooking my way through Bouchon, or another interesting
cookbook. Not sure I could do it as well as she does, though.

Christine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney > fnord
news
> On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 03:58:33 GMT, Saerah Gray >
> wrote:
>

>>http://carolcookskeller.blogspot.com/
>>
>>I am in constant awe of this woman.

> So am I, which I why I posted an addendum to this post. I totally
> forgot to put that one on my list. It is one of the best food blogs
> around. Because of that, I put The French Laundry Cookbook on my to
> buy list...although I am not entirely sure how much cooking I will do
> from it.
>
> I thought about cooking my way through Bouchon, or another interesting
> cookbook. Not sure I could do it as well as she does, though.
>
> Christine

I know that I am not nearly skilled enough to even try making most of
the things in that cookbook. I could maybe approximate some of them
(I've checked it out of the library so many times I might as well just
buy it :>), in terms of flavor or composition, but probably not both at
the same time!

--
Saerah (But I've pretty much cooked my way through JoC and much of the
CIA's cookbook, so I don't feel so bad. I'm a populist kind of cook! :>)

"Welcome to Usenet, Biatch! Adapt or haul ass!"
- some hillbilly from FL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 11, 10:22*pm, Christine Dabney > wrote:
> Okay...
>
> A month or so ago, Koko and I were sitting in chat talking about our
> favoritefoodblogs. *I thought then, that it might be fun to start a
> thread on them here in rfc.
>
> For those of you not familiar with them, there is some fascinatingfoodreading out on the web now. *A lot of famous authors/chefs, have
> gotten involved in them, as well as home cooks, wannabe chefs, etc.
> Most of them are wonderful. *Some are spectacular. *And if you think
> rfc is bad for inducing hunger pains, and envy, you need to take a
> look at some of these.
>
> So far, I have learned quite a bit from them, plus picked up some
> really great recipes. * And I keep on finding new-to-me ones, like
> tonight when Koko mentioned one in another post.
>
> So...I thought I would post some of my favorites. * Some of thefoodblogshave even spawned/are spawning cookbooks.
>
> The main two that have spawned cookbooks are these:http://www.amateurgourmet.com/
>
> http://chocolateandzucchini.com/
> Needless to say, I went out and got both cookbooks.
>
> Michael Ruhlman has a blog. *I think several of us have mentioned it
> here on rfc. *http://blog.ruhlman.com/
>
> One of my favorite sites/blogsis this one:http://www.seriouseats.com/
> It has lead me to great writing, greatfoodwriters, great recipes,
> and what is up and coming in thefoodworld. * And of course, to even
> morefoodblogs.
>
> Chez Pim is another one of my favorites. *http://chezpim.typepad.com/
>
> And David Lebovitz has a wonderful blog as well. * He is a dessert
> wizard, and his ice creams are amazingly wonderful. *He talks about
> living in Paris, among other things. *
>
> Some of my favorite things to eventually try come from thisfoodblog:http://elise.com/recipes/
> The pictures alone will make you ravenous.
>
> And in no particular order, some of my other favorites:http://www.101cookbooks.com/http://h....blogspot.com/
>
> I still have a ton of others..and I will put up more later on.
>
> Koko? Your favorites?
>
> Anyone else?
>
> Christinehttp://sundaynitedinner.com/

http://chibbqking.blogspot.com/

Check this out...two of the best when it comes to eating

http://eatbma.blogspot.com/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

KingT > wrote in

> http://chibbqking.blogspot.com/

Drool!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 16 Sep 2008 11:30:07 GMT, sandi > wrote:

>KingT > wrote in
>
>> http://chibbqking.blogspot.com/

>Drool!

Drooling over spam! Now that is a new one.